“Interesting Menu !”

Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Romantic, Child-friendly, Business meetings, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 25 June 2012

This is a good Indian restaurant, with an interesting menu, which is different from your run of the mill Indian restaurants. The food is very good, and the ambience is contemporary. Overall good value for money. If you are in Canterbury and feel like a curry - definitely worth a visit.

2  Thank richardi

Reviewed 16 June 2012 via mobile

Nice buffet, good service and friendly. Ate one plate, my partner ate 2 platefuls! Will go again. Handy, near station end.

2  Thank sparkyKent
Reviewed 6 June 2012

Apeksha is one of the best Indian restaurants in Kent. Offers the usual range of curries, but some really swish vegetarian options rarely seen elsewhere. The mixed vegetables present a very enjoyable dry curry of medium spiciness. Also recommended is the spicy aubergine dish.

As a wheelchair user, the lack of disabled toilet is a letdown, but the building itself is relatively accessible, with no steps at the front.

More thoughts on Kent restaurants as a wheelchair user here: http://lunchamigo.blogspot.co.uk/

2  Thank Lee A
Reviewed 27 April 2012

I visited this "restaurant" with a group of friends. Initial impresions were good - this restaurant has a menu that is different to most Indian restaurants in the area so my expectaions were high for something different. (I should have smelt a rat though as it was a Friday evening and the restaurant was virtually empty). Apeksha didn't disappoint with the worst food I've ever had the misfortune to come across. The spicy poppadums and relishes were the highlight of the meal!
The starter was bland, and for my main course I was undecided on whether to have the lamb or duck. After talking with the waiter, I ordered the duck based on the restaurants own recommendation! What was served to me was inedible- and I'm someone who will give most dishes a try. Duck is a dark flavoursome meat - except in this establishment. It had no flavour at all and was "masked" by overpowering spices. I asked fellow diners to try what had been served up to me and they agreed that this food was terrible!!! Most restaurants will ask during the meal if the meal is OK. This one didn't, but offered to take the meal and re-cook with less spice when they presented the bill! Nedless to say I will NEVER return to this restaurant - instead I will go to the Ancient Raj, Kasmir or Jalshah were I know that quality is assured. I trust you will too!

2  Thank Don C
Reviewed 27 February 2012

Went on friend'[s recommendations, yes, the menu was slightly different but the actual quality and taste of the food is nothing above ordinary. In my view there are plenty of other venues in Canterbury that offer better value for money.
I came away in no hurry to go there again which was disappointing as the location of the restaurant couldn't be better to combine with a few beers in town.
Ate @ 8 ish and literally only 4/5 tables occupied.
Fish dishes were good, squid starter and curry main. Items like Biryani's/vegetables very standard.
Service unlike some other reviewers was fine.

2  Thank FrizzyKentishMaid