“Food just ok !”

Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Groups, Romantic, Business meetings, Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 14 January 2014

Always ate here when it was Apekshi and enjoyed the food. This time thought food was mediocre, and for the whole meal I was the only person in the restaurant.

Reviewed 8 January 2014

I used to love coming to this restaurant when it was Apeksha, but now it seems to have really changed. I had a chicken korma as my main dish but the chicken wasn't cooked properly, some bits looking purple! When we told one of the waiters, rather than apologising he said it was all pre-cooked and then cooked with the sauce, so basically saying it couldn't be raw but he would tell the chef. Another one came over a while later, our plates still on the table, and asked if there was a problem and we explained again, he took our plates and said he would tell the chef. A little bit later he came back over and said they would take 10% off our bill as we weren't happy. A whole 10% wow! I would have rather the dish was just taken off the bill as I didn't eat it. They then offered us a complimentary drink of either baileys or brandy, this then came in a shot glass with crushed ice! Talk about tight. It's a shame this has gone downhill but I won't be coming back.

1  Thank Bubble B
Reviewed 28 December 2013 via mobile

I suppose in this day and age you can't expect much for £8.95.
However 'taste' would be a start.
'Cooked chicken' would be another.

Ok, so we stopped for a cheap bite. Advertised as 25 dishes, all you can eat buffet etc, etc, blah, blah...
Food at the buffet wasn't labelled with what it was? We guessed korma, tikka, beef something, possibly lamb. Some really rubbish, bland noodles, couple of rice dishes.....that was about it t.b.h,
It was all Luke warm.
The worst thing was it was SO bland. No spices. No taste.
The wife complained about under-cooked, raw chicken in the korma.
The waiter explained 'it was a vein'! Beautiful!
The worst Indian food I've ever had & the only buffet restaurant where we didn't bother with seconds or a desert.
Avoid, avoid at all costs.
Terrible.

Reviewed 21 December 2013

We dropped in on a Friday night, without a reservation. Got a table, with a nice friendly welcome. Food was really good. The menu is not adventurous but everything is carefully cooked and spiced, and the side dishes in particular were very tasty. A cut above your normal high street curry house.

1  Thank Richard G
Reviewed 6 September 2013

Walked past at 8:pm, no-one in. Gave it a try anyway and we were not disappointed: good service excellent dishes, no regrets, one to remember.