“Old fashioned atmosphere, poor spicing let it down” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Kashmir Tandoori

Kashmir Tandoori
Reserve with OpenTable
Kashmir Tandoori is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #148 of 361 Restaurants in Canterbury
Cuisines: Indian, Asian, Balti, Eastern European
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Pau, France
“Old fashioned atmosphere, poor spicing let it down”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 November 2011

We liked the old fashioned booths. We even liked our starters. We liked the prices BUT we had reserved a table for Sat eve, we were about 30mins early and restaurant was half full, so not actually busy. We were shown our table, made our choices and in less than 5 minutes our starters were in front of us. I had not finished my starter (and I am not a slow eater particularly) when a waiter cleared my partner's plate stating pointedly our mains were ready.

The mains arrived as my starter plate was cleared. We had perhaps eaten two thirds of our mains when a waiter decided to clear the remaining rice plate as he rushed by. In the end we gave up on the bland mains (chicken bhoona and chicken ceylon), as there was no more rice There must have been about 8 waiters , all hovvering, to swoop on the unsuspecting customers.

We left within one hour - a first for us in an indian restaurant, we have never felt so rushed anywhere except in the US, which was ridiculous as there were still a good number of free tables when we left. The whole experience was not pleasant overall. we won't be back.

• Visited November 2011
3 Thank asterix_et_oblelix

Rugby, United Kingdom
“poor food, and they will try to rip you off!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 October 2011

Beware when they calculate your total they will try and overcharge you. Their website clearly states 20% discounts on collection, my total came to £16.95 on a takeaway (before discount). The person who served me asks me for £16.95 (thinking he can get away with it if I don't say anything). I said what about the 20% discount, then he made up some excuse about you get that if you pay cash. He then went on to calculate my total after discount, I paid for the amount, but afterwards when I calculated it in my head it was not 20% discount. I challenged him on this, then he said that the discount is 15% for collection, at which point I couldn't be bothered for the 5%, and asked him to keep it since my company was paying. In regards to their food, the onion bhajis were small and greasy, the kebab roll had a lot of red oil within there, the chapattis were OK, the naan bread was nice and fluffy, the Chicken tikka pathia was very tasty, although there were far too many tomato wedges in there at the expense of the more expensive Chicken tikka. Food was average, and their food isn't Kashmiri style as the name of the restaurant would imply, it is Bangladeshi style food (I know this, as I am Indian, and have tried many different Indian foods). Just be aware of the price they charge you.

Visited November 2010
1 Thank SukyB
Canterbury, United Kingdom
“Very disappointing”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 October 2011

We had read some very positive reports and enjoy Indian food having travelled widely. This was incredibly disappointing, the food suffered the standard problem of poorer Indian restaurants...........it all seemed to be in the same sauce, every dish was the same colour and flavour! Prices were pretty low for the area, probably a good place for a curry after a few beers.

Visited June 2011
3 Thank Karen0101
Brussels, Belgium
“Great disappointment”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2011

We visited the Kashmir Tandoori following the recommendation of a local. Never again. The ambiance appears very nice, the menu extensive. Have to agree with previous comments about cleanliness and presentation, both were certainly lacking when we visited. My son only drinks water so we ordered bottled water, after the second bottle we requested a jug of tap water, you would think that we had asked for the moon. To top it all both my wife and I suffered from appalling food poisoning (probably from one of the vegetable side dishes which fortunately my son who was doing an exam a couple of days later didn't eat!). We were ill for two days and seriously contemplated notifying the Health Authorities. We shan't be going back - neither will my son who is going to college in Canterbury.

• Visited November 2010
4 Thank slaamed
Sydney
“A pleasant meal in pleasant surroundings”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 June 2011

The Kashmir Tandoori is a little out of the main tourist area but worth the 5 minute walk from the centre to have a reasonably priced meal in a nicely decorated restaurant.

• Visited June 2011