“Nice Curry”
Review of Kashmir Tandoori

Kashmir Tandoori
Reserve with OpenTable
Kashmir Tandoori is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #139 of 385 Restaurants in Canterbury
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 16 March 2014 via mobile

Went on a busy Saturday night, so pleased we had booked earlier in the day.

The food and service were both good, along with the atmosphere. As visitors to the area we would return.

1  Thank Onajolly50

Reviewed 11 March 2014

We had to wait in a crowded area for a short time with what appeared to be organised chaos going on around us. However we where soon seated. After ordering drinks we ordered the starters and mains. First I must say that the ladies had a bottle of house white which was excellent. I had a large glass of red which was also excellent. The food was amongst the best I have ever tasted in any curry house. It was perfectly cooked with not the usual drowning in spices which leaves you guessing as to what meat you are eating. Living some 200 miles plus north of Canterbury I am lucky to have an award winning Indian Restaurant near me. This compares favourably. Finally when the bill came which included starters of different types, dips and mains four four people together with a bottle of wine and a glass of red all for £70. What fantastic value.

Reviewed 22 February 2014

Went early evening and enjoyed window seat viewing along with delicious meal. Pleasant service which wasn't unctuous and surprisingly good dahl, curries and breads. Yippee. We now have a good local Indian restaurant!

1  Thank Liz B
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 8 February 2014 via mobile

I spoil myself once in a while, and took the family with me this time.
I booked a table and was placed in the window, it was comfortable well lit location, definitely try and get a window seat!
The waiters were attentive and out to see what drinks we wanted quite quickly, followed by a selection of dips, sauces and chutneys for some poppadoms. And the food order was taken a few minutes later, the waiter was knowledgeable and gave some great advice on the menu, my garlic malasa was bright & vibrant, tasty and full of chicken!
The other food that came out for the family smelt amazing (this is the point you wish you had ordered what they had) I did have a quick taste and I did enjoy what I had.
Once the meal was over I found a nice touch was a plate of orange quarters and hot towels brought out to allow us to clean up and freshen up with!
This isn't my first visit and definitely wouldn't be my last.

1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 7 February 2014

Had a fantastic meal with great service. I will definitely be back. Particularly liked the Dahl - excellent.

1  Thank Karen D