“Faultless service and excellent value”

Bridgewood Manor - QHotels
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Chatham
“Faultless service and excellent value”
Reviewed 13 June 2011

My sister and I had a spa break at the Bridgewood which was the first time I left my young baby. Despite this being quite difficult, I felt instantly relaxed and had the best weekend I could have had. Every aspect of our stay was of the highest quality, every member of staff was completely professional but genuinely friendly and keen to ensure we were looked after every step of the way. This included Reception, all restaurant and bar staff-in particular the manager and the spa staff who were all lovely. My therapist Kate was excellent and my facial was the best I've ever had. I would recommend the spa and hotel to anyone and would like to say a big thank you to all the staff!

• Stayed June 2011
simonbarker, General Manager at Bridgewood Manor - QHotels, responded to this review, 16 June 2011
Dear SairJones - Thank you so much for taking the time and trouble to write such a wonderful account of your stay at Bridgewood. I am so pleased that you both found the weekend to be so relaxing despite leaving your young baby for the first time. Thank you also for taking the trouble to acknowledge our various team members for their part in making your weekend one to remember. Please do not leave it too long before returning to us. We do have excellent family rooms if you want to bring your baby with you!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (170)
  • Greek first
Reviewed 12 June 2011

Thank you to the staff at Bridgewood Manor Hotel & Spa for making our stay relaxing and welcoming! We thoroughly enjoyed our two night stay.
*Rooms were clean and spacious
*Good selection and high quality food in the restaurant
* Staff were friendly and professional
Both my sister and I were very pleased with our stay and made good use of the spa facilities even once we had checked out!!!! ;9)

• Stayed June 2011
Dear Emmj1 - Thank you for a superb review and I am delighted that you and your sister enjoyed your time with us. Please don't leave it too long before returning for another relaxing break.
warwickshire
Reviewed 10 June 2011

I have stayed here on quite a few occasions this year and its a nice friendly hotel. The breakfast is fab and the restaurant serves really good food but it is expensive, you wouldn't want to dine in it every night the average bottle of wine is £21.00. and two courses average 22.00. The rooms are comfortable my only complaint would be the towels are a little shaby!

• Stayed June 2011, travelled on business
simonbarker, General Manager at Bridgewood Manor - QHotels, responded to this review, 13 June 2011
Dear suzybabe36 - many thanks for your very kind review following yet another stay at Bridgewood. We have carried out a vast amount of research on our food and beverage offerings in my time at the hotel and feel now with a change of head chef and restaurant manager that we have our offering just about right. Our prices are competitive within the four star market, and we sincerely believe, because of the feedback that we get from our customers, that our pricing and quality is where it should be. I hope that you agree. Regarding the towels, your note has prompted a quality review meeting with my supplier and changes are afoot! Thank you again Suzybabe36 - I look forward to welcoming you back to Bridgewood again in the very near future.
Norwich, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 June 2011

Excellent four star hotel well located for touring the `Garden of England`.
Very clean and comfortable as one would expect from a modern establishment. Generous sized bedroom and bathroom. All facilities of a high standard, cannot find anything to complain about.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
simonbarker, General Manager at Bridgewood Manor - QHotels, responded to this review, 6 June 2011
Dear Hackford - Many thanks for your glowing review and may I say how delighted I am that you are adding Bridgewood to your 'list of returns'. That really does speak volumes. The team and I look forward to welcoming you back in the very near future.
Kind regards
Simon
kent
Reviewed 22 May 2011

stopped for sat night i night pre paid of q site £68 each for bed/breakfast eve meal,8 ladies went for sat night get away.
rooms perefect for i night ,lovely clean towels ,beds firm,tea /coffee rooms clean.
had after cream teas only £7.50 each ,searved at lovely comftable seats/table in lounge had finger sandwiches maderia cake ,cup cakes and scones with clotted cream and jam and as much tea coffee as wanted ,plenty of happy staff asking if every thing okay.
evening meal give 10 out 10 for food quality ,staff and layout ,plenty room between tables,i had duo pork exellent never had pig cheeks but do give atry the most tenderess piece of meat ever had ,well done chef.
breakfast very good once again prompt staff plenty top ups for tea /coffee also lovely fried mushrooms not poached.
well i go away lots weekend breaks hiltons etc prob every 3 months for breaks ,and a little while ago went to q hotel ashford ,the hotel was lovely but ,dont think being nasty ,but could have done with some of the staff from bridge wood working there ,lovely work team here at rochester .
well done we will be returning and will be recomending the resturant to family friends for a lovely meal.
special mention to resturant manager,and lovely waiter and waittress that served us sat night.keep up the exellent service.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled with friends
simonbarker, General Manager at Bridgewood Manor - QHotels, responded to this review, 23 May 2011
Dear webby58 - What a fantastic review. Thank you for taking the time and trouble to record the many highlights of your weekend away. The team have already seen your feedback and Glen our chef is going to be particularly difficult to live with but leave that to us to sort out! Thank you for picking out our staff as our greatest asset. They make Bridgewood stand out head and shoulders above all other hotels in the area and continue to make Bridgewood Manor the number one choice of hotel in the area. We all look forward to welcoming you and your friends back for another relaxing experience in the very near future.
With very best wishes
Simon Barker
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 May 2011

room was fine but needs mat in shower/bath. Staff were helpful and polite. Leisure center and pool were small - fitness center- sign above wrong door. Many missing locks in mens locker room and no wrist bands on any of the locker keys. Front desk dealt efficiently with our 1 complaint of someone smoking on our floor. Previous reviews both positive and negative were accurate in my opinion. I like the proactive responses of management to these reviews. Breakfast buffet was standard 3 star - only salami cold cuts on Sunday morning - poor selection. However the layout of tables is spacious / superior to Hilton 3 star hotels. Another Q Hotel (Hampshire) is definately 4 star. They get lots of wedding bookings so check in advance before you book and also check the rates with trip advisor as well as direct with Q hotels - to get the best rate. In house food is expensive in my opinion - best to eat out - Docklands outlet in Chatham is my recomendation. Overall we enjoyed our stay and will stay there again next time we stay in Kent.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank martin_crichton
simonbarker, General Manager at Bridgewood Manor - QHotels, responded to this review, 19 May 2011
Dear martin_crichton - Thank you for your review following your recent stay at the Bridgewood. Clearly I have some rectifying to do in the leisure club and thank you for pointing out these issues. Our breakfast is usually quite superb so I will definitely speak to the team about revisiting this area to bring it back to a buffet that is widely recognised to be the best in the area. I look forward to welcoming you back to Bridgewood and thank you again for your very honest review.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 May 2011

Reception staff very welcoming and professional. Very quickly bought an extra set of towels up to the room and then an iron/ironing board.

We were on a Spa break and the treatments were lovely and again, Spa staff were friendly and welcoming. The actual Bar/Reception area for the Spa was a little shabby and could have done with a few more sofa's rather than dining chairs/tables and looked a little dated but this didn't spoil our enjoyment.

Restaurant and bar staff were very attentive and we would definitely stay here again for a "girly weekend away".

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with friends
Dear chillmrsr - Many thanks for your very positive review regarding your recent stay at the Bridgewood Manor. Terri our front office manager will be delighted with your comments on her team. I will certainly review the furniture in the spa lobby to make it more conducive and inviting but I am delighted to see that your overall satisfaction was not affected by these comments. I look forward to welcoming you back to Bridgewood very soon.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Chatham
Ashford International Hotel
Hempstead House Hotel and Spa
Rowhill Grange Hotel & Utopia Spa
Holiday Inn Rochester-Chatham
Eastwell Manor
Eastwell Manor
#1 of 1 in Boughton Lees
Tudor Park Marriott Hotel & Country Club

Been to Bridgewood Manor - QHotels? Share your experiences!