“Lovely relaxing break”

Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Chatham
Derby, England
“Lovely relaxing break”
Reviewed 8 February 2012

Stayed for one night with my husband as a present from my sister, it was paid for with a £200 Spa break gift voucher. All the staff were friendly and welcoming and we had a lovely afternoon in the spa. Hotel spas are a very different breed to regular spas (in my experience) but this was good, with heated loungers, steam room and sauna and a pleasant pool. We were the only two using the facilities so felt quite pampered, and my massage was very relaxing. Lunch was provided in the Spa and was very good, and dinner was lovely, not a massive choice but what there was, was good. Breakfast is buffet style, but certain things are cooked to order, such as poached eggs. Overall we really enjoyed our stay, the room was comfortable and clean.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
Christine E, General Manager at Bridgewood Manor - QHotels, responded to this review, 10 February 2012
Dear SBB, I'm really pleased you enjoyed your recent Spa Break at the Hotel. Thank you for completing your review on TripAdvisor and in addition completing our on-line customer satisfaction survey for QHotels. We appreciate all your feedback and I will pass on your comments to the bar team to ensure our customer service is exceptional is all areas. I do hope we can welcome you back for some more pampering soon. With regards, Christine

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (170)
  • Greek first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 February 2012

My 2 night spa break (including treatments & meals) was booked for me as a present (lucky me!)
My first impression of the hotel was "ooh,how lovely!" Very easy to get to, an hour's drive from SW London & just off the M2 (but still peaceful, as set back from the main road & far enough from the motorway).
Room was perfectly adequate, very clean, very comfortable. The lounge with it's open fires & comfy sofas was a lovely place to relax. Every member of staff that I encountered was friendly, incredibly warm & welcoming (comforting for a lone guest), polite, efficient, & nothing was too much trouble. The bar area needs a little more effort on the customer service side of things though (but nothing drastic).
The spa was fantastic, facilities were very good, but on the 'compact' side, so avoid busy times if you want to chill out completely.
Evening meals were outstanding, lunch very nice & the buffet breakfasts were everything anyone could ask for.
Just one thing - price. Incredible value for money at the advertised web price, but watch out for the single occupancy supplement - at £100 for 2 nights I felt it was pretty hefty!

Room Tip: The far end of the corridor is a good place to be in a hotel as it's less of a thoroughfare and...
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled solo
Christine E, Manager at Bridgewood Manor - QHotels, responded to this review, 25 August 2012
Dear SBB_75,
Thank you for your review regarding your spa break with us I am so please that you enjoyed your treat, I am pleased that you enjoyed all of the facilities on offer and that our staff looked after you well. I hope that you will return to us again soon,
Kind regards - Claire Johnson- Operations Manager
Bungay, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 January 2012

This was our fourth QHotels stay and I'm pleased to say it maintained the standards we're accustomed to from the group. The Breakaway Club offer included a £10 Debenhams voucher and hot chocolate, cookies and marshmallows. The marshmallows were unavailable when requested so we were treated to double cookies, piping hot!

Checking in and out was swift and efficient. All the staff who attended us were pleasant and helpful, especially our waitress on the first evening at dinner who carried a water jug up to our room. I wish I'd noted her name - she deserves kudos.

Our room was as we'd expected with everything we needed and more. Once again, time didn't permit the use of the leisure facilities available free to guests.

We enjoyed good food in the restaurant at dinner and at the buffet breakfast with its wide choice of hot and cold items. Even we Great British Breakfast fans were one morning tempted away by the excellent cold meats and cheeses selection.

We'll certainly return to the Bridgewood Manor if we need accommodation in that area.

Room Tip: 134 was quiet and not far from the lifts.
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
Christine E, General Manager at Bridgewood Manor - QHotels, responded to this review, 1 February 2012
Dear Father Brian, I do appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your recent stay at Bridgewood. I'm pleased to read as a loyal Breakaway Club Member you had a great stay and do hope we can welcome you back again soon. I will pass on your comments to the team who will take heart from these. With regards, Christine
UK
Reviewed 24 January 2012

An okay room, slightly outdated in style but sufficient!
Slightly chilly in the night...
Food - breakfast has a great range, though anything cooked to order takes a little bit of time.
Evening meals - lovely....
Any errors ever made are fully sorted, with a great customer service ethos.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
Christine E, General Manager at Bridgewood Manor - QHotels, responded to this review, 26 January 2012
Dear Marie, thank your for taking the time to post your review and I'm pleased to read you enjoyed your stay. We commenced a planned redecoration programme recently and over the coming weeks all bedrooms will be painted. I do hope we can welcome you back again in the non too distant future where you will see the improvements being undertaken. With regards, Christine
Margate, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 January 2012

Stayed here while away for work at a conference here this week. Don't know what the room cost as it was funded by sponsors of the event.

Room was very nice, what I'd expect of a four star hotel. Tea, coffee, all the usual you'd expect. Nice little shower gel, shampoo and conditioner bottles in the bathroom. Room very clean.

Did have two buffet lunches there, both nice, with good range of things to select from (and I'm veggie). Also had sit down meal with the group I was with in the evening. We were allocated our own separate function room and dinner took us 3 hours from being seated to moving to the bar. Three courses were not rushed, plenty of time to allow us all to talk and drinks were regularly replenished.

Were able to sit in the bar till late (we stayed there till midnight). Nice Sauvignon blanc.

Didn't make use of the leisure facilities so can't comment on those.

In summary, a very nice stay, nice quality food and excellent service from all the staff.

• Stayed January 2012
Christine E, General Manager at Bridgewood Manor - QHotels, responded to this review, 25 January 2012
Dear James, thank you for taking the time to post your review of last weeks stay whilst attending a conference at the Hotel. I am very pleased to read the event went well and in particular the group dinner and wine was well received! I do hope we can welcome you back to the Hotel, where hopefully you will have time to enjoy the Leisure and Spa facilities. With regards, Christine
London
Reviewed 15 January 2012

I had a lovely stay at the Bridgewood Manor. My husband surprised me with a short trip and I enjoyed every minute of it. The room was very nice and clean and so was the rest of the hotel.

The staff was extreme friendly and helpful especially the Bar staff which was really professional and chatty and the breakfast team which was absolute helpful and cheerful
(so great to see this early in the morning)
The Dinner was also very delicious and looked amazing and so was the Breakfast with lots of choices.

I recommend this hotel just alone for the friendly staff and excellent food.

Thank you for a very lovely stay and we will be back soon.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
Christine E, General Manager at Bridgewood Manor - QHotels, responded to this review, 18 January 2012
Dear Lisa, I am very pleased to hear you enjoyed your surprise stay at the Hotel and thank you for your comments regarding the cleanliness of the Hotel, I have passed these to the Housekeeper.
The team work hard to exceed expectations in customer service, QHotels operate an employee recognition scheme and I will ensure your comments are fed back to the Bar and Breakfast team, as well as the Chefs regarding the food quality and variety. I hope we can welcome you back for a longer stay in the future. With regards, Christine.
Reviewed 14 January 2012

I've stayed here on a number of occasions when working in the Isle of Grain and i've always had a pleasant stay. The staff are extremely helpful, rooms are clean and comfortable and food is great. The decor is slightly dated however this is something that can be overlooked.

All in all, excellent value for money and would recommend if in the area.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
As a regular guest, we do value your loyalty and comments. Thank you taking the time to post these. Next time you stay, you should see a difference as we have started a planned programme of painting in all the bedrooms which should be completed in the coming months.
With kind regards, Christine
Also consider these accommodations in or near Chatham
Ashford International Hotel
Hempstead House Hotel and Spa
Holiday Inn Rochester-Chatham
Rowhill Grange Hotel & Utopia Spa
Eastwell Manor
Eastwell Manor
#1 of 1 in Boughton Lees
Tudor Park Marriott Hotel & Country Club

Been to Bridgewood Manor - QHotels? Share your experiences!