Went with my partner for a relaxing weekend break having stayed in Q hotels before and found them to be excellent for the price. We weren't disappointed with the hotel itself, the staff were very friendly, food was excellent with a great selection at breakfast and fantastic service. The room was clean albeit a little dated in my opinion, and the duvet cover was very lumpy (looked like a travelodge duvet cover) but overall the hotel was ok and we had got a cheap deal anyway so weren't too disappointed.
I had a treatment booked as a birthday treat from my other half. This was where I felt a bit short-changed, as the treatment I booked was a "prescriptive facial" which was advertised as lasting 60 minutes, but I was in and out in just under 30 minutes (literally, I went into the room at 11, looked at my watch on the way out and it was 11:29). These treatments aren't cheap and I wasn't happy. I probably should have said something but as it was meant to be a nice relaxing treat I didn't want to stress myself out by getting into an argument with staff! And the time I actually did have was lovely, just a bit short :(
Afterwards I was thinking about buying some products and the staff were all over the place, they didn't have a clue where to find the price list (after trying to sell them to me this isn't very professional!) Awkward moment reassuring them that it was ok and they could tell me later. I then asked if I could have a dressing gown and slippers to go and relax in the spa for a bit and they would not even give me these after I had paid a lot of money for a treatment - they wanted another £5. All I wanted to do was go and meet my other half who was relaxing by the pool while I had my treatment. I have never come across a spa where you pay so much for a treatment and they don't even provide dressing gown and slippers!
The spa facilities themselves are also a little dated and could do with a bit of attention. It was all clean and acceptable, we had a bit of a swim and relaxed on the heated loungers for a while (minus dressing gown!) but it didn't exactly have the wow factor. Also as it's a bit of a thoroughfare for people getting to the treatment rooms and staff always walking through, it wasn't exactly quiet.
Final niggle was music from a wedding... we had asked for a quiet room (right at the top of the hotel at the end of a corridor) but could still hear the feint thud,thud,thud of the music on saturday night. We were also awoken by very drunk giggly women coming back to their rooms at 4am; I don't understand why they didn't place all the wedding guests in the same corridor away from other guests who were trying to get a decent night's sleep.
Overall it was a nice weekend but there were a few niggles which really let it down. I probably wouldn't stay there again, not for a spa break anyway.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated on the edge of historic Rochester, Bridgewood Manor is in the heart of the Garden of England with enchanting castles, the historic dockyards and many other great attractions on its doorstep. For those that enjoy retail therapy, at nearby Bluewater and exhibitions at Glow Bluewater. The Hotel has great links to the major motorway routes and high speed train route direct to the Olympics; we are a great stop over venue. The hotel is extremely proud of its reputation for high levels of customer service and the hotels intimate and charming characteristics offer the perfect combination for our guests. Unlimited free WiFi throughout the Hotel with dedicated bandwitdh is available for all guests. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Hotelopia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Expedia, Ebookers, LateRooms, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Bridgewood Manor - QHotels reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bridgewood Manor Chatham
- Bridgewood Manor Hotel Chatham
- Bridgewood Manor - QHotels Chatham, Kent