“Not my best experience”

Bridgewood Manor - QHotels
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Chatham
Reviewed 18 May 2012

After a prompt check in with a polite receptionist thing started to slip slightly. I had booked a Double and was given a twin. One of my pet hates. If I book a Double this means a Double bed not two singles.
After a swift call to reception I was informed a double was available. So why not give me this to start with and stop the hassle.
Back to reception for the key. Then back to the room.
The reason I believe they didn't give me this room originally is because it was a converted cupboard into the disabled room, you know the one, Red pull cords everywhere, toilet that you can swing your logs on as its that high and a wet room rather than a shower cubicle. All admirable for a disabled person I am sure.
As I was only staying for one night I went with it as I was late for a meeting I had already.

Arriving back at the hotel at 9.30pm I decided to complete the room service breakfast card an pop outside my room door. It said complete by 2.30am so I was well within the time,

To be fair I had a good nights sleep even if I was a little worried about the fire exit doors I was sleeping next to. Again a disabled feature I am thinking, why else put a double fire exit in a room.
I awoke and showered in readiness for breakfast being delivered, 15 mins late and still nothing so I opened the door only to find my card still swinging there.
Now if your offering a service that says hangout by 2.30am then please have the decency to actually collect it and bring breakfast.
At this point I gathered my belonging and stormed to reception to vent my disgust, however after waiting for 5 minutes and no one turned up I dropped my key in express checkout and left.

Not returning I'm afraid

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
Christine E, General Manager at Bridgewood Manor - QHotels, responded to this reviewResponded 20 May 2012

Dear I hate mushrooms, I apologise for the error with the room allocation on arrival. The second room is a double room and as you describe suitable for mobility impaired guests, in addition I am sorry the room service breakfast was missed. I have spoken with both the Reception and Night Manager to ensure all the team are aware of your feedback and to avoid a repetition of your experience for future guests. Thank you for bringing your concerns to our attention with your review. With regards, Christine.

Reviewed 13 May 2012

Spent one night here as part of a large party, for the price we paid (£210) for one night for two people for dinner, bed and breakfast and use of pool and gym (both small), we were impressed - primarily with the presentation and quality of the food. There were probably 80 of us for a black tie dinner - the tomato soup was superb, everyone at our table commented. It must have been made with fresh on the vine tomatoes. The best roast beef we have eaten at a meal for so many guests then followed. The beef was tender, there was a generous portion, the vegetables were fresh, cooked nicely al dente and presented beautifully. Even the horseradish was fresh and properly made. Following a nice dessert, even the cheese arrived with grapes and celery sticks - an unnecessary but welcome touch.
I would rate the experience at the reception desk and the rooms as standard, however the chef and his team deserve our thanks and praise for a superb 4 course meal for quite so many people, served efficiently on piping hot plates. We could not fault it.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
Christine E, Manager at Bridgewood Manor - QHotels, responded to this reviewResponded 25 August 2012

Dear virginia 046,
Thank you for taking the time to review your visit to Bridgewood manor for your Black Tie event. I am pleased that you enjoyed your evening and stay with us and I will ensure our head chef reads your kind comments regarding the meal you were served, he will be very pleased. I hope that you will return to us again soon for another event or a weekend get away,
Kind Regards- Claire Johnson _ Operations Manager

Reviewed 13 May 2012

This is a nice, competent hotel firmly in the 3.5/4 star bracket and doing a good job of it.Room was pleasant and a bit bigger than normal,leisure centre is fine,public areas are nicely funished and maintained and there is plenty of free parking.Access is easy too.Staff were enthusiastic, though one told us that the restarant was fully booked for the time we wanted when(having made a booking for 30 mins earlier) we could clearly see that it was not.Breakfast is good and plentiful and the evening dinner we had was prettyy good too.They were considerate in alerting guests to functions taking place but neither bothered us in any way.

We booked the hotel to visit the historic naval dockyard at Chatham.It is a few miles from that and you are a bit isolated generally.If you want to go to Rochester to eat at night( Chatham looks not worth considering),it's a £10 taxi ride, or a 75 minute walk. Even chatham town centre cost us £8.50 when we went to the station.
Rochester is charming and the dockyard excellent.It kept us entertained for nearly 6 hours.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
Christine E, General Manager at Bridgewood Manor - QHotels, responded to this reviewResponded 18 May 2012

Dear laygatelad, thank you for taking the time to write a full review of the Hotel, facilities and surrounding area, I am sure a number of people will find this very useful when choosing where to stay in the area. As well as the Historic Dockyard, Dickens World is located in Chatham with the Castle and Catherdal at Rochester. We hope to welcome you back to Bridgewood Manor soon where you may be able experience more of the local attractions in the Garden of England.
With regards, Christine.

Reviewed 12 May 2012

I stayed at Bridgewood Manor for 3 nights whilst on business - i had a deluxe room which was the best part about the hotel.

There is just no personal interaction/engagement whatsoever (probably to be expected) but it got worse. I had dinner with an old friend there, which was decidedly average and expensive and also had room service one night, which was terrible and expensive (it was delivered by the same girl who had been working behind the bar...!)

I would not stay here again

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business

Dear papasteve, thank you for taking the time to post your review following your three night stay in April. I am sorry to learn of your disappointment with service levels and pricing of the meals. We do pride ourselves on receiving positive comments regarding the team and am sorry on this occasion we did not met the levels expected. With regards, Christine

Reviewed 9 May 2012 via mobile

I have been to the Bridgewood on a few occasions now and they never cease to amaze me.
I attend the Robbie Williams and Micheal Buble tribute night which was great they really get you involved and up singing and dancing, with some of my favorites being played.
The food was good and the staff are so amazing friendly they can't do enough to help you. Especially Christina and Marion, thank you.
Would definitely recommend this hotel and will be looking to attend a few more events here.
Thanks once again Bridgewood Manor.

• Stayed: May 2012
1  Thank Mandy B

Dear Mandy, I really appreciate you taking the time to post your positive review of the recent tribute night held at the Hotel. I have passed on your comments to the food and beverage teams and special note of thanks to Kristina and Marion. We hope to see you again at one of the events coming up, maybe the Lady Gaga tribute? With kind regards, Christine.

Reviewed 27 April 2012

I stay here regularly on business, good hotel staff are always friendly and accomodating. Rooms are always clean and comfortable with everything you'd expect can get a bit hot in the summer though with no air conditioning. Nice to see free wifi its not the fastest but fine for emails etc. Gym is a bit on the small side along with pool but perfectly acceptable. I don't eat in the restaurant so small bar menu gets a bit tiresome after a while breakfast is the standard fair with everything you'd expect and great service. Only downside it can take a while to check in/out if you happen to hit a queue they don't seem too hot on drafting extra staff in to help. All in all a good, clean hotel i've had no issues in my stays here would recommend.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
Christine E, Manager at Bridgewood Manor - QHotels, responded to this reviewResponded 30 April 2012

Dear T643, Thank you for taking the time to post your review of your past stays with us, I am pleased that you return to us on so many occasions, and hope you continue to do this in the future. We are pleased to be one of the only hotels in the area that offer unlimited free WIFI to all of our guests throughout the entire hotel. As a regular guest I appreciate the menu could become repetitive, so please feel free to dine from our restaurant menu in our less formal bar area- I am pleased to say that we are this week changing our restaurant menu for the Summer season and plan to refresh our bar menu within the coming weeks so im sure your will find some more tasty options to choose from. We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel very soon. Best Regards Claire Johnson - Operations Manager

Reviewed 26 April 2012

Stayed here for 4 nights as part of a coach party.
Room very nice and comfortable bed! Very clean. Only a few coat hangers!?
All staff very friendly, polite and tried very hard to please.
Breakfasts excellent with lots of choices.
Dinners a bit ordinary for a 4 star Hotel, no frills! e.g.nice lemon tart but no cream or anything with it! LOTS of carrots with everything! I realize we were part of a large group but felt the food was only 2 stars.
A nice break in good area for sight seeing.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends

Dear Julie f,
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent visit to Bridgewood Manor as part of Coach party. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and felt that our staff looked after you well during your break. I will pass your comments on to our Head Chef Glen with regards to the ample carrots served with your meal. Your group organisers agree a 3 choice menu for your party prior to your arrival, but I hope that I can welcome you back to Bridgewood Manor in the future to sample some of the dishes from our extensive a la carte menu which I am sure you will find delightful. Kind Regards Claire Johnson - Operations Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Chatham
Ashford International Hotel
Holiday Inn Rochester-Chatham
Hempstead House Hotel and Spa
Tudor Park Marriott Hotel & Country Club
Rowhill Grange Hotel & Utopia Spa
The King Charles Hotel
The King Charles Hotel
#1 of 2 in Gillingham

Been to Bridgewood Manor - QHotels? Share your experiences!