After a prompt check in with a polite receptionist thing started to slip slightly. I had booked a Double and was given a twin. One of my pet hates. If I book a Double this means a Double bed not two singles.
After a swift call to reception I was informed a double was available. So why not give me this to start with and stop the hassle.
Back to reception for the key. Then back to the room.
The reason I believe they didn't give me this room originally is because it was a converted cupboard into the disabled room, you know the one, Red pull cords everywhere, toilet that you can swing your logs on as its that high and a wet room rather than a shower cubicle. All admirable for a disabled person I am sure.
As I was only staying for one night I went with it as I was late for a meeting I had already.
Arriving back at the hotel at 9.30pm I decided to complete the room service breakfast card an pop outside my room door. It said complete by 2.30am so I was well within the time,
To be fair I had a good nights sleep even if I was a little worried about the fire exit doors I was sleeping next to. Again a disabled feature I am thinking, why else put a double fire exit in a room.
I awoke and showered in readiness for breakfast being delivered, 15 mins late and still nothing so I opened the door only to find my card still swinging there.
Now if your offering a service that says hangout by 2.30am then please have the decency to actually collect it and bring breakfast.
At this point I gathered my belonging and stormed to reception to vent my disgust, however after waiting for 5 minutes and no one turned up I dropped my key in express checkout and left.
Not returning I'm afraid
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated on the edge of historic Rochester, Bridgewood Manor is in the heart of the Garden of England with enchanting castles, the historic dockyards and many other great attractions on its doorstep. For those that enjoy retail therapy, at nearby Bluewater and exhibitions at Glow Bluewater. The Hotel has great links to the major motorway routes and high speed train route direct to the Olympics; we are a great stop over venue. The hotel is extremely proud of its reputation for high levels of customer service and the hotels intimate and charming characteristics offer the perfect combination for our guests. Unlimited free WiFi throughout the Hotel with dedicated bandwitdh is available for all guests. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Ebookers, LateRooms, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Bridgewood Manor - QHotels reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bridgewood Manor Chatham
- Bridgewood Manor Hotel Chatham
- Bridgewood Manor - QHotels Chatham, Kent