“Lovely Relaxing Stay”

Bridgewood Manor - QHotels
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Chatham
Reviewed 4 June 2012

We stayed for two nights at Bridgewood Manor on the Jubilee Weekend. When I booked I was asked if I would like to join the Break Away Club, I said I didn't but then it worked out better value if I did and with many extras.

We stayed in a Q room which was lovely - mini bar which was free and filled up the next day too! Lovely toiletrees which also were replenished daily.

There is a lovely courtyard in the centre hotel which is nice, if the sun shines. We had a few hours sun and enjoyed our complimentary Pimms and strawberries and ice cream.

All the Staff were friendly and helpful and always had smiles on their faces. There were plenty of staff at breakfast making sure everything was topped up for the buffett breakfast. The only thing that did let breakfast down was the toaster - there is nothing worse than standing there for what seems ages, waiting for your toast to cook.

Dinner was excellent, once again the service from the staff was superb and the food was fantastic and presented really well.

There was a wedding on the second night and the music did go on until midnight, unfortunately our room was just above it so we didn't get much sleep until after it had finished. We were given a letter on check-in telling us about the music, shame this wasn't mentioned when we booked.

Would really recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
Christine E, General Manager at Bridgewood Manor - QHotels, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2012

Dear Sarah, thank you for taking the time to post your review. The Breakaway Club is certainly value for money. I am pleased to read you joined and received the benefits at the weekend. We will certainly look into the speed of service with our toast offering, I do hope we can welcome you back to one of the 21 QHotels in the non-too distant future on the next breakaway offer.

There are newer reviews for Bridgewood Manor - QHotels

Reviewed 31 May 2012

I booked online, turned up and checked in, no problems! Staff were extremely helpful and friendly, nothing was too much trouble for them, especially the reception and restaurant staff.

We were upgraded, without asking, they gave us a room near the lift (wife has mobility problems), good room, good bed.

Breakfast was excellent. We had a couple of treatments, superb! :-)

We're going back in a few weeks, with the family and are looking forward to our stay there!

W

Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple

Dear Nameattempt20, very pleased to read you will be staying with us again soon. Thank you for your taking the time to post your review and glad we catered for your needs. I hope you enjoy your upcoming stay with your family and would recommend joining QHotels Breakaway Club to receive extra benefits. With regards, Christine

Reviewed 28 May 2012

Stayed with 3 friends for a 'Spa break' and enjoyed every moment.
Spa treatment was professional and I was very comfortable throughout the treatment.
In the spa the only improvements could be to install a jacuzzi and to have sunbeds somewhere outside near the spa. To have a lovely treatment then sit upright in cast iron chairs was slightly uncomfortable.
The food, and I had lunch from the spa, dinner in the restaurant and breakfast in the restaurant, was all a high standard. I enjoyed every meal as did the party I was with.
My room was clean/ comfortable and had a good shower, the staff were friendly and helpful and the hotel overall was well decorated.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends

Dear Cazrss, I am pleased to read your group enjoyed the Spa Break at Bridgewood. Thank you for your comments regarding the facilities. Rather than a jacuzzi we have heated loungers for relaxation and due to the health risks we offer Fake Bake treatments rather than sunbeds. The iron chairs are in the outside courtyards for all guests to enjoy and I am pleased the weather enabled you to make use of these during your stay. Thank you for your kind comments regarding the food, I have passed these onto the Kitchen team. I do hope we can welcome you back to the Hotel. With regards, Christine.

Reviewed 28 May 2012

Firstly, the on-line booking for our stay at this hotel was easy, quick and hassle free. We paid £30.00 pppn for B&B (Spring Saver). Upon arrival, considering the location of the Bridgewood Manor, i.e. close to a 24 hour supermarket, motorway junction etc., the exterior areas of the place are very leafy and pleasant. Because of its proximity to the above though, you just have to accept that there will always be a certain amount of noise on warm days/nights with windows open - there wasn't air conditioning in our room. The interior of the hotel is nicely decorated and clean, and the receptionist was very welcoming and efficient. We had no problems checking in or out. Our room was a nice size, very clean and comfortable. The bar/restaurant is really nice, and breakfast and dinner were excellent. The staff in these areas were particularly friendly and helpful. A leisure club is also on site. Location is okay, 3 miles from Chatham and close to the M2. Everything considered, I consider this to be a good place to stay, and would not hesitate returning.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple

Dear Ian, thank you for your positive comments regarding the team and your recent stay. I will pass these on as the team do take heart from these. As you say we are well situated close to the M2 for trips into or from London and ideally located to visit Kent attractions being known as the Garden of England. We hope you can stay at Bridgewood Manor again soon, With regards, Christine.

Reviewed 28 May 2012

My daughter booked me & her in for a spa break for my birthday treat. We arrived at the hotel to be be greeted by lovely receptionists, who said our room was ready and once unpacked to go to the spa to arrange our treatments and arrange our light lunch. At the spa we were handed a leaflet which detailed all available treatments. (She had received a phone call the day before check in to ask about our lunch and she told them that she had just discovered she was pregnant). We saw that spray tans were on the list so she thought she could have that and a facial as she had been told she could not have any massages. When we went back to book our treatments we were told she couldn't have the facial nor could she have the spray tans as they had stuff in the room and couldn't move it. All she could have was a file and polish on her hands and feet. She was most disappointed and even more so afterwards as it was not a very good job. I think that if the spray tans are not available then there should be a note displayed somewhere to that effect. I will say that my treatments were fine.
The restaurant and reception staff are all very helpful, polite and friendly and the rest of the break was very nice (I think the lovely weather helped) but my daughter is still quite angry about the spa.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family

Dear Tew, thank for your comments and I am sorry to learn of your daughters disappointment we do not operate treatments until 14 weeks, we do request all booking agents advise clients of this. Please could you ask your daughter to contact Emma our Spa Manager to discuss further. Emma can be reached via email bridgewoodmanorspamanager@qhotels.co.uk. The Fake Bake does require prior booking due to the time taken to change the room set-up and a patch test is required, again I apologies this was not fully explained as to why it was not available on the day.
Notwithstanding this I am pleased you were able to enjoy your birthday treat. With regards, Christine.

Reviewed 18 May 2012

After a prompt check in with a polite receptionist thing started to slip slightly. I had booked a Double and was given a twin. One of my pet hates. If I book a Double this means a Double bed not two singles.
After a swift call to reception I was informed a double was available. So why not give me this to start with and stop the hassle.
Back to reception for the key. Then back to the room.
The reason I believe they didn't give me this room originally is because it was a converted cupboard into the disabled room, you know the one, Red pull cords everywhere, toilet that you can swing your logs on as its that high and a wet room rather than a shower cubicle. All admirable for a disabled person I am sure.
As I was only staying for one night I went with it as I was late for a meeting I had already.

Arriving back at the hotel at 9.30pm I decided to complete the room service breakfast card an pop outside my room door. It said complete by 2.30am so I was well within the time,

To be fair I had a good nights sleep even if I was a little worried about the fire exit doors I was sleeping next to. Again a disabled feature I am thinking, why else put a double fire exit in a room.
I awoke and showered in readiness for breakfast being delivered, 15 mins late and still nothing so I opened the door only to find my card still swinging there.
Now if your offering a service that says hangout by 2.30am then please have the decency to actually collect it and bring breakfast.
At this point I gathered my belonging and stormed to reception to vent my disgust, however after waiting for 5 minutes and no one turned up I dropped my key in express checkout and left.

Not returning I'm afraid

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
Christine E, General Manager at Bridgewood Manor - QHotels, responded to this reviewResponded 20 May 2012

Dear I hate mushrooms, I apologise for the error with the room allocation on arrival. The second room is a double room and as you describe suitable for mobility impaired guests, in addition I am sorry the room service breakfast was missed. I have spoken with both the Reception and Night Manager to ensure all the team are aware of your feedback and to avoid a repetition of your experience for future guests. Thank you for bringing your concerns to our attention with your review. With regards, Christine.

Reviewed 13 May 2012

Spent one night here as part of a large party, for the price we paid (£210) for one night for two people for dinner, bed and breakfast and use of pool and gym (both small), we were impressed - primarily with the presentation and quality of the food. There were probably 80 of us for a black tie dinner - the tomato soup was superb, everyone at our table commented. It must have been made with fresh on the vine tomatoes. The best roast beef we have eaten at a meal for so many guests then followed. The beef was tender, there was a generous portion, the vegetables were fresh, cooked nicely al dente and presented beautifully. Even the horseradish was fresh and properly made. Following a nice dessert, even the cheese arrived with grapes and celery sticks - an unnecessary but welcome touch.
I would rate the experience at the reception desk and the rooms as standard, however the chef and his team deserve our thanks and praise for a superb 4 course meal for quite so many people, served efficiently on piping hot plates. We could not fault it.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
Christine E, Manager at Bridgewood Manor - QHotels, responded to this reviewResponded 25 August 2012

Dear virginia 046,
Thank you for taking the time to review your visit to Bridgewood manor for your Black Tie event. I am pleased that you enjoyed your evening and stay with us and I will ensure our head chef reads your kind comments regarding the meal you were served, he will be very pleased. I hope that you will return to us again soon for another event or a weekend get away,
Kind Regards- Claire Johnson _ Operations Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Chatham
Ashford International Hotel
Holiday Inn Rochester-Chatham
Hempstead House Hotel and Spa
Tudor Park Marriott Hotel & Country Club
Rowhill Grange Hotel & Utopia Spa
The King Charles Hotel
The King Charles Hotel
#1 of 2 in Gillingham

Been to Bridgewood Manor - QHotels? Share your experiences!