“What a Ryder Cup weekend”

Bridgewood Manor - QHotels
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Chatham
Hergenrath, Belgium
“What a Ryder Cup weekend”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 October 2012

First visit to this hotel-will not be my last. Reception staff were very good and made to feel very welcome indeed. Although we arrived very early(11:00) we were still given our room. Facilities were excellent. Parking free of charge as was the Internet. The room was spacious and had everything you require. Breakfast was well worth waiting for-a super selection with something for everyones taste. We had a great 3 days - will be back

• Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank John G
Christine E, Manager at Bridgewood Manor - QHotels, responded to this review, 15 October 2012
Dear John G,
Thank you for writing your recent post regarding your recent stay with us here at Bridgewood Manor. I am please that you and your family enjoyed your stay with us, I am so pleased that you will be returning for another visit to us soon, where we look forward to welcoming you back. I will pass on your kind comments regarding the staff here they will take heart with these.
Kind regards
Claire Johnson- Operations Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (158)
  • Greek first
Rainham, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 October 2012

We stayed here as part of a comedy weekend package over the Easter Weekend. I was fairly excited to stay here because of it reputation, but to be honest I was a little disappointed.
The hotel had a wedding ruining as well as a comedy event on the Saturday which rather over stretched the facilities. The service here on every part of our stay was slow. It took a age to get served at the bar, our lunch order was slow, late cold and incorrect. The bar prices are over inflated.
In the evening event the food was not great. The temporary bar was understaffed and very expensive, serving drinks out of plastic bottles whilst charging the earth. The comedy event itself was very enjoyable.
The rooms are really basic for the star rating of the hotel and whilst clean and functional, they are not 4 star.

Room Tip: ask if there is a wedding on when you are booking and if so, book elsewhere. Dont sign up for thier...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
Dear Gazzo,
Thank your for recently taking the time to complete a review regarding your stay with us back in April. I am sorry that you were disappointed with some aspects of your stay, if we had been made aware soon then we could have investigated into the issues further. Although saying that I will discuss your comments with our ream here and ensure that any issues that you have raised have been actioned with the staff here. We have an ongoing maintenance programme so have refurbished different areas of the hotel. Following freed back from the comedy event you have made reference to our Chef has amended the menu and we have since held two very successful comedy events and have two more booked for later this year.
Once again thank you for your comments and I hope I can welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.
Basingstoke, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 September 2012

The title says it all really. We had a very relaxing weekend. The service in the restaurant and bar was great and the meals we had were excellent. A lovely village called Upnor is well worth a visit - it's only about 10 miles away - with good views across the Medway and a castle to explore too. I'm sure we will be back for more!

Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
Christine E, Manager at Bridgewood Manor - QHotels, responded to this review, 1 October 2012
Dear LizM,
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us, I am glad that you have enjoyed several stays with us and are planning to return. Im glad the staff looked after you as well as always, and I hope I can welcome you back to the hotel again in the near future. Kind Regards
Claire Johnson - Operations Manager
Chatham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 September 2012

Another cracking night stay at the Bridgewood,lovely three course meal,comfortable sleep,breakfast is the best by far, fantastic value only complaint as other have commented bathroom could do with decorating but that wont deter us from staying again ...enjoyed it so much wer going to get married there !!!

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
Dear Christopherb,
Thank you for taking the time to post a review regarding your recent stay with us here at Bridgewood Manor. I am so pleased that you enjoyed your meals here and had a comfortable nights sleep. I am pleased that you are planning to have your wedding with us, please contact us on bridgewoodmanorevents@qhotels.co.uk if you require any further information. Also Bridgewood Manor is hosting a Wedding Fayre on Sunday 14th October from 11am which is free to enter where we will be showcasing many local suppliers and the team will be on hand to help you plan your day.
I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel again in the near future.
Kind Regards
Claire Johnson- Operations Manager
Dungannon, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 September 2012 via mobile

Stayed here at the end of August. The hotel was very busy but staff were attentive efficient and very friendly. Our room was really lovely clean well maintained and super soft bed. My only small fault was I felt the bathroom was a bit tired looking and the shower curtain smelt a bit damp. However this would not deter me from staying here again nor recommending it.

• Stayed August 2012
Dear D0lly50,
Thank you for your recent review regarding your stay with us at the End of August, You did stay on a very busy weekend and I am pleased that the staff here looked after you well, we do work hard to ensure that all guests receive the same high level of service no matter how busy the hotel and I am very pleased that you felt this was the case. We have recently had a delivery of new beds in the hotel which are very comfortable. We do have in place a planned refurbishment and preventative maintenance scheme for all of our bedrooms and bathrooms so I will ensure Dan our Maintenance manager looks at this bathroom as a matter of urgency. I hope that you will return for a repeat stay in the near future and look forward to welcoming you, and your family & friends back soon
Kilsyth, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 September 2012 via mobile

This is a little gem of a hotel, all of the staff are very friendly and helpful. The rooms are very clean with good facilities. The food was amazing think they have the best chips I have ever had. The room service menu is also very good much better selection than some of the bigger chain hotels. Overall a great hotel with great value for money

• Stayed September 2012
Dear PammyO,
Thank you for your glowing report on your recent stay with us. I will make sure that all staff are aware of your kind comments, they will take heart with these. I am pleased you found so much to choose from on our 24hour room service menu, we do change this regularly to give our guests plenty to choose from. Glen our Head Chef will be pleased you enjoyed his food so much particularly his Gourmet Fries.
I hope that I can welcome you back to the hotel in the near future for another great stay.
Herts
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 September 2012

Stayed here overnight on a Saturday before visiting the Salute to 40s event at the dockyard. Room was very clean and comfortable and although there was a party going on we were not disturbed. The reception staff were very friendly and efficient and were a pleasure to deal with. Ate an evening meal on arrival.... which was superb (although, the main course was a little expensive ) beautifully presented and the service was excellent. Again, the staff were very eager to please. Breakfast was amazing with the best choices offered that I have seen in a hotel for some time.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
Dear PicklesHerts,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay here at Bridgewood Manor. I am so pleased that you enjoyed the peace and quiet of your room, and you found it to be comfortable. We do have a policy of allocating guests that are not attending functions rooms away from the noise so they can get a peaceful nights sleep. Thank you for your kind comments regarding our staff here, I will ensure that your kind comments are passed to the team. I'm glad that you found our breakfast offering to be above your expectations we do have over 122 items available for guests to choose from on our breakfast buffet.
Thank you once again for your review and I hope I can welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.
kind regards
Claire Johnson Operations Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Chatham
Ashford International Hotel
Hempstead House Hotel and Spa
The Spa Hotel
The Spa Hotel
#3 of 14 in Royal Tunbridge Wells

Been to Bridgewood Manor - QHotels? Share your experiences!