“A very good hotel”

Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Chatham
St Peter Port, Guernsey,
“A very good hotel”
Reviewed 8 April 2013

I first stayed at this hotel over Christmas while I visited family in the area and was impressed with it then so decided to stay at the hotel again when I visited family in March. I like the comfortable feel the hotel has, the layout and decor, and the staff are always so friendly and helpful. I have no complaints and can recommend the hotel.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled solo
Claire J, Manager at Bridgewood Manor - QHotels, responded to this review, 15 April 2013
Dear Gordon M,
Thank you for your kind review regarding your second break here at Bridgewood Manor. I am pleased that you returned to stay with us again and i hope that we can welcome you back to Bridgewood Manor again in the near future
Claire Johnson
Operations Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (170)
  • Greek first
Eastbourne, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 April 2013

We booked a 2 day break in one of the suites at a very reasonable price. On arrival greeted in a very cheery manner by the desk staff and this friendly manner permeated all the way down to the rest of the staff. It's not often one finds all the staff so friendly and attentive. The room was fine with a good sized lounge and a large bedroom. The bed was enormous and had a good mattress.
Breakfast was excellent with a good range of items and also some cooked to order. We ate in the restaurant both nights as the bar menu was very limited and could have done with some sandwiches etc. or similar for those who did not want a large dinner. The food in the restaurant was excellent and cooked to perfection, again with friendly staff.
Overall a great hotel and we'd stay there again or in one of the Groups other ones without hesitation.

Room Tip: Deal direct with hotel for best deal. Get room on 2nd floor in case of function noise.
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Eastbourne2,
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent spa break with us, your kind comments are very much appreciated and we are all pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us.
I hope that you will return to stay again soon, we will look forward to welcoming back to Bridgewood Manor again soon.
Ashford, Kent
Reviewed 7 April 2013 via mobile

The restaurant really know how to present excellent quality food.beautiful three course dinner, breakfast and lunch. The spa break is superb value and the back massage, including mini facial and head, neck and shoulder massage was the best I've had. (Kate) the pool was warm enough and robes and towels supplied. Only criticism was the whole hotel seemed cold. On arrival the reception area was fresh as was the hallways and especially the room. The radiator wasn't on but even after dinner when we'd hoped it had warned up-it hadn't. We asked for a heater-problem solved. The staff in every area of the hotel were superb. Service well delivered. Some parts of the hotel were a bit run down and in need of a face lift, but this is not the foremost impression you are left with, because everything else is excellent.just sitting by one of the many coal fires in reception is equally as relaxing as the heated beds in the spa area. I've never been so relaxed.

• Stayed May 2012
Claire J, Manager at Bridgewood Manor - QHotels, responded to this review, 9 April 2013
Dear Charliebuddah,
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent spa break with us. I am so pleased that you had a relaxing time with us and enjoyed your meals in our restaurant and made use of the fires we have in the lounge areas to keep you warm whilst the weather was so terrible outside. I hope that you will return in the near future for another break.
Claire Johsnon -Operations Manager
Cambridge
Reviewed 1 April 2013

The good bits- we upgraded the room and I was really pleased with it. Spacious very clean , very firm bed, maybe too firm for some. Nice furniture, odd high sink which was difficult to reach into when you're a shorty. Decent common areas that felt quite cosy and very nicely furnished.

The gym was bit tatty - if you are into fitness it's basic and a bit crowded . The pool is ok but quite small and a little bit tired. Small sauna And steam room.

Unfortunately we had a room with an interconnecting door which meant we could hear next door very clearly - and I really didn't want to hear them and their marathon session!

The restaurant was a bit of a let down for such a nice hotel. It felt like there's something lacking in the decor and ambience and the food was only average- might have been because they were busy.

So a bit of a mixed bag really, staff were great rooms more than adequate and lovely lounges but the restaurant and food lacking somehow. If I was in the area I would stay again but I wouldn't go out of my way.....

Room Tip: Don't get a room with an inter connecting door!
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear GeordieJulie, Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay here at Bridgewood Manor Hotel. I am very sorry that there were some aspects of your stay that you were disappointed with. We do take all feed back very seriously and implement change from customer feed back where possible. We are in the process of refurbishing our public areas in the hotel so on a return visit I hope that you will see the difference. I am sorry that the noise from an interconnecting room was of disturbance to you, Dan our maintenance manager is looking into improved sound proofing for these areas.
Thank you very much for your comments and i hope that i can welcome you back to Bridgewood manor in the near future

Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 March 2013

I stayed for three nights on a business trip. As previous guests have said the staff make a difference. Whoever recruits and trains them - well done. Easy access to motorways is a bonus and if you are sightweeing not far away from most of the attractions in the area. The decor needs a refresh though!

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
Claire J, Manager at Bridgewood Manor - QHotels, responded to this review, 30 March 2013
Dear Bradentonoctober2010,
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us at Bridgewood Manor and you very kind comments regarding the team at the hotel. I shall ensure that you kind words are passed on to the whole team who will take heart with these.
We are currently undergoing an internal refurbishment program so I hope that you will appreciate the work that is undergoing to improve the hotel on your next visit.
I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future
Great Baddow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 March 2013 via mobile

My husband and I attended a charity ball in aid of breast cancer in this hotel and stayed the night. The reception staff on arrival were very welcoming and we were shown to our room very quickly. The room and bathroom were very clean and the tea and coffee making facilities were very welcome as it was a very cold and snowy day. We decided to have a drink in the bar before gettir glad rags on, the bar staff were very polite and suggested a nice white wine which started the evening of well.

The food we had at the ball was lovely as were the waiting staff. After a good nights sleep in a very comfotable bed we went to the restaurant for a very good breakfast lots of choice cereal, fruit, pastries and of course an excellant cooked English breakfast.

Wish we could have stayed longer to use the spa facilities.

Cannot fault anything at this hotel and would definitely stay here again.

Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear ellie57,
Thank you for your glowing review of your recent stay with us for a charity event, I am pleased that your event was such a success and that you enjoyed your over night break with us. I hope that we can hold a similar event for you again in the future where you may have to opportunity to relax in our leisure and spa facilities.
I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel,
Claire Johnson - Operations Manager
Sheffield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 March 2013

The facilities at this hotel are similar to many other "business" type of hotel. The difference is the staff who are invariably friendly and helpful.
Given the choice I would always choose a Q-Hotel in preference to other similar ones

Room Tip: We ate in the restaurant on a saturday evening when there were 2 large functions taking place,which...
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled with friends
Dear AWYorkshire,
Thank you for your review of your recent stay with us, I am pleased that you choose to return to QHotels again and again, our staff are very proud to work for the company and their passion for hospitality is certainly reflected in the service they give. As a business hotel we also have leisure and spa facilities so I hope that you will have to opportunity to make use of these in the future.
I am sorry that you felt the quality of the food was not to our usual high standard - Glen our Head Chef sends his apologies for this. I hope this will not deter you from staying again in the future.
Claire Johnson
Operations Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Chatham
Ashford International Hotel
Hempstead House Hotel and Spa
Rowhill Grange Hotel & Utopia Spa
Holiday Inn Rochester-Chatham
Eastwell Manor
Eastwell Manor
#1 of 1 in Boughton Lees
Tudor Park Marriott Hotel & Country Club

Been to Bridgewood Manor - QHotels? Share your experiences!