We stayed here on a Saturday night as we were at the local karting track that was only a couple of minutes drive away. On arrival the hotel seemed to be very busy with a wedding, a conference and a birthday celebration, however we were checked in smoothly.
We stayed in room 20- avoid this at all costs. We noticed that this was the closest room to the wedding celebrations, which was not a problem until the celebrations came to a close and all we could hear was the staff clearing away, talking and clunking glasses together. The walls here are extremely thin. The other thing that we had not realised is that our room backed onto the two lifts so we could hear the lift going up and down throughout the night and early morning. I am sure if we had been given a different room these things would not have been an issue.
The room itself was a little tired looking but was comfortable. The room had lots of lights but even with all of these turned on the room was still very dark which didn’t help when putting on make up. The shower was good although we couldn’t get the fan to work.
We had dinner at the hotel which was very nice, the portions were generous and very tasty. The service started very well but as it got busier the staff seemed to struggle and the service came to a standstill. We then went for a drink at the bar, which again started off fine, but as the wedding guests came through from the party the staff could not cope. We waited for 20 mins at the bar to get some water to take back to the room.
The breakfast served is a buffet with cereals, pastries and a full english. This was very good and was being refreshed continuously.
The hotel has a Spa and we used the Pool and Sauna. The pool area and changing rooms could do with a good clean, however the staff were friendly and helpful. The pool itself is quite small so you would struggle to do any lengths. We used the sauna but the wooden bench is broken in many places and felt very unstable.
Overall I would say the stay here was average, if we had been given a different room I am sure we would have given it 4 out of 5. I think we would stay here again due to the location of the hotel and the good food, however we would make sure we did not have room 20 and probably wouldn’t use the spa.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated on the edge of historic Rochester, Bridgewood Manor is in the heart of the Garden of England with enchanting castles, the historic dockyards and many other great attractions on its doorstep. For those that enjoy retail therapy, at nearby Bluewater and exhibitions at Glow Bluewater. The Hotel has great links to the major motorway routes and high speed train route direct to the Olympics; we are a great stop over venue. The hotel is extremely proud of its reputation for high levels of customer service and the hotels intimate and charming characteristics offer the perfect combination for our guests. Unlimited free WiFi throughout the Hotel with dedicated bandwitdh is available for all guests. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Ebookers, HotelQuickly and LateRooms so you can book your Bridgewood Manor - QHotels reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bridgewood Manor Chatham
- Bridgewood Manor Hotel Chatham
- Bridgewood Manor - QHotels Chatham, Kent