“Great value for money”

Bridgewood Manor - QHotels
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Chatham
Reviewed 6 November 2013 via mobile

What makes this hotel special is the people work in this hotel. Gentleman5 at the reception was so nice that arranged a birthday cake for us in a very short notice. Restaurant knew exactly what was happening that our table was ready for dinner breakfast and lunch, spa services was good. We felt like we got mor than what we paid for mainly because of the service they provide.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
AIHGeneralManager, General Manager at Bridgewood Manor - QHotels, responded to this reviewResponded 19 November 2013

Dear OzanK, Thanks you for your wonderful review of Bridgewood Manor. I am so pleased the team here made such a memorable stay for you. Ensuring that special occasions are truly memorable are what the staff do so well here. I hope that you will visit us again very soon.

Reviewed 3 November 2013 via mobile

My friend and I visited here at the weekend for a great value spa day booked on the internet. I was a bit wary after booking it due to the previously posted reviews but I can quite confidently say that we had a lovely experience.

We were warmly welcomed when we arrived and all of the services and facilities explained to us. We were able to check into our room even though we arrived a lot earlier than check in was. Then we checked into the spa and were greeted by another really helpful member of staff. Everyone we can into contact with were extremely polite and could not do enough to keep us happy.

The room was clean and quite good enough for a nights stay. We had lunch in the spa which was included in our package and that was lovely. There were free tea and coffee making facilities that we could help ourselves to in the spa area. Dinner was good and breakfast the next morning even better!

Would recommend this hotel even if it was purely based on experience of service- fantastic!

Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends

Dear JoC,
Thank you for taking time to review your recent spa break with us. I am so pleased that you had such an enjoyable break with us and I really do hope to see you again in the near future for another relaxing break

Reviewed 3 November 2013

Our second stay on a spa break deal at this hotel. The spa was great, we each had a facial and a shoulder, neck and back massage. A relaxing lunch and sumptuous dinner were all included. Also a fantastic breakfast the following morning.
The thing that let us down was the room. It felt like the walls were paper thin. We could hear the person in the next room going to the toilet!
There was a low humming noise during the night and then to cap it all we were woken up by people at 3am. We couldn't tell if they were arguing or not but they were really loud.
That said, the staff were all lovely, the food was a really high quality and the facilities are excellent.

• Stayed: October 2013

Dear KateT, Thank you for your review of Bridgewood Manor. I am so pleased that you have enjoyed your time in our spa and also the food served thought your stay with us. I am sorry that you had some disappointment with the noise experienced in your room and I will certainly look in to the humming noise that you mention.
I hope that we can welcome you back to the hotel again in the near future
Kind regards
Deidre Billing Cluster

Reviewed 30 October 2013

We stayed for the weekend as a part of a function. We had a “Q star” room which was nice, a decent size and a very comfy bed. Checking in was strange because of the information we were given; we booked a table for dinner at 8.15 because the 8pm seating was full, I was then told that the dining room shut at 9.30. Not that the kitchen closed, but the dining room? Well it didn’t. We were also told that the bar would not take cash after 11pm – well it did. In a “Q star” room we are meant to have complimentary newspapers, when i found out i had to go and ask reception about this as they hadn’t offered this. In the lift it mentioned the “Q star” rooms had complimentary drinks and milk, drinks yes, milk no. It’s the attention to detail which makes a stay wonderful or mediocre. The only problem we had with the room was a branch scraping the window which woke me a 5am on Saturday morning.

The restaurant food was very good for dinner. We didn’t eat any snacks there. Breakfast was good, (the poached eggs I asked for were not great; hard and watery.) The rest of breakfast on Saturday was good. Sunday breakfast was not as good. They constantly ran out of food, there was no butter left, I asked twice for butter and a helpful lady finally got me some but I had all but finished by the time it arrived.
We didn’t have time to try the spa, but overall the hotel was good if a little pricey.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank verynaivetraveller

Dear verynaivetraveller, thank you for your in depth review of your recent stay with us. I have taken on board all of the comments that you have raised and I will discuss the shortcomings with the team here at the hotel.
I am pleased that overall you enjoyed your break and will return to visit us again in the future

Reviewed 30 October 2013

Booked a Spa break here for the wife's birthday present. We stayed the night of Oct 26th. Package included lunch & 3 course dinner and 1 hour spa treatment then breakfast on the following day.
Check in was excellent, we arrived at about 9.45am but were able to go to our room despite check in normally being 3pm. The spa was excellent, I opted for a facial followed by exfoliation and massage of the back. We then had use of the leisure facilities throughout the day, pool, sauna, steam room etc.
Lunch was very nice and dinner in the evening was excellent. Waiting staff were attentive without being overbearing and the service was fine.
My wife forgot to pack a hairbrush and the lady on reception lent her own hairbrush to her which avoided a crisis !
Breakfast was again very nice with a wide selection on offer.
The room was clean and the shower was really powerful, even had an iron and ironing board.
All in all a very nice relaxing stay and would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear teresa p, Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us here at Bridgewood Manor, I am pleased that you decided to stay here for your wife's birthday celebration and that your break was enjoyable and relaxing. i shall ensure that your kind comments are passedon to the whole team here.
I hope that we can welcome you back to the hotel again very soon
Deidre Billing Cluster General Manager

Reviewed 28 October 2013

Stayed here after a birthday the rooms are ok but need updating especially the furniture . The staff are very friendly and the bar serves fantastic snacks although a bit pricey ! The wait at the bar was sometimes long the spa is ok but the swimming pool is tiny. Ok for a after party stay or wedding or business but not for a romantic evening

• Stayed: July 2013
AIHGeneralManager, General Manager at Bridgewood Manor - QHotels, responded to this reviewResponded 30 October 2013

Dear julie m,
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent break with us for a birthday celebration. I am pleased to let you know we are in the process of refurbishing and upgrading our bedrooms, i am sorry that you were not allocated one of the rooms that has been completed. I am glad that you enjoyed your bar meal with us and the team looked after you well.
Please do look on the Q hotels website to take advantage of the fantastic offers we do have available for future visits to us.
I hope that we can welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed 23 October 2013

We stayed at this hotel after booking a deal through the hotel's website.
The food was good - we ate in the restaurant for breakfast and dinner. The staff were very friendly in the hotel - from reception to the bar to the restaurant. I tried to book an appointment for the spa, but there was no availability for the days I was there, which was a little disappointing. It being the weekend, perhaps they should have more slots available at the Spa. In terms of value for money, this was overpriced when compared to other hotels I have stayed in.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear dklon
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us, i am pleased that you enjoyed your break with us and the team here looked after you well. I am sorry for your disappointment that we had no availability for treatments in our spa, this is really popular and we do recommend guests to book in advance. For future reference please do look on the QHotel web site as we often have fantastic deals for nights away and offer a best rate guarantee.
I hope that we can welcome you back to the hotel again very soon
Cluster General Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Chatham
Holiday Inn Rochester-Chatham
Travelodge Chatham Maritime Hotel
Ship & Trades
Ship & Trades
#6 of 6 in Chatham

Been to Bridgewood Manor - QHotels? Share your experiences!