“Good staff, hotel refurb needed”

Bridgewood Manor - QHotels
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Chatham
Cheshunt, United Kingdom
“Good staff, hotel refurb needed”
Reviewed 10 November 2013 via mobile

I stayed here very recently as we visited the Chatham historic dockyard.
The hotel staff are very good and very helpful. The hotel itself is a little dated but everything does work. The breakfast we had was ok but not exceptional. I was hoping for a little better there.
One major gripe is the location. The hotel staff told us on the phone that we were close to chatham. Well the hotel is actually a little further away, virtually closer to Maidstone.
You will also find it hard to find on your sat-NAV.

Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Mazio1973
AIHGeneralManager, General Manager at Bridgewood Manor - QHotels, responded to this review, 19 November 2013
Dear MarioA,
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us here at BrIdgewood Manor. I am pleased to inform you that refurbishment work has now begun in the hotel this week with the heating in our public areas, beds have been replaced recently, new soft furnishings for bedrooms being delivered next week, and a whole host of other work due to be completed in the hotel over the coming weeks. I am pleased that the team here looked after you well and i will discuss with Chef why the breakfast was not up to its usual high standards during your visit. I am sorry that the hotel location was not as you required our address is in Chatham with the Historic Dock Yard only 10 minutes by car away.
I hope that you will visit us again soon to see the improvements we are making to the hotel.
Cluster General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (164)
  • Greek first
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 November 2013

Nice hotel but the room service was a nightmare. First of all I got the wrong order and when I did get the right order it was missing the bottle of water that I'd requested. Although to be fair to the hotel I didn't have to pay for the room service in the end. Good leisure facilities though. Nice pool, steam room, gym, etc.... It was also easy to swap my room as the room I was originally given when I arrived in the room next door was a baby that was screaming the place down when I arrived.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Dear Ian B, Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. I am sorry that the room service experience fell some what short on this occasion this is certainly something that I will investigate with the team here as it is a very unusual occurrence. I hope that you did get a restful nights sleep when you settled into your room.
I hope that you will allow us another opportunity to redeem your faith in the service and quality we pride ourselves on here.
medway
Reviewed 8 November 2013

We stayed here on the first night of our honeymoon. A one night stay after a long wedding day. A beautiful peaceful night. We were initially concerned as there was a wedding on with all the booming disco music and spilling guests.. but once our room door was shut we could hear nothing. The bed was huge even in the standard room.. The water pressure was high in the shower.. All the things you hope for but often don't get.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear theworldwise,
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us, I am pleased that we delivered in all of the areas that you were hoping for and had a great start to your honeymoon. I hope that you will come and stay again soon- -f or your anniversary perhaps?
Reviewed 6 November 2013 via mobile

What makes this hotel special is the people work in this hotel. Gentleman5 at the reception was so nice that arranged a birthday cake for us in a very short notice. Restaurant knew exactly what was happening that our table was ready for dinner breakfast and lunch, spa services was good. We felt like we got mor than what we paid for mainly because of the service they provide.

Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
Dear OzanK, Thanks you for your wonderful review of Bridgewood Manor. I am so pleased the team here made such a memorable stay for you. Ensuring that special occasions are truly memorable are what the staff do so well here. I hope that you will visit us again very soon.
Braintree, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 November 2013 via mobile

My friend and I visited here at the weekend for a great value spa day booked on the internet. I was a bit wary after booking it due to the previously posted reviews but I can quite confidently say that we had a lovely experience.

We were warmly welcomed when we arrived and all of the services and facilities explained to us. We were able to check into our room even though we arrived a lot earlier than check in was. Then we checked into the spa and were greeted by another really helpful member of staff. Everyone we can into contact with were extremely polite and could not do enough to keep us happy.

The room was clean and quite good enough for a nights stay. We had lunch in the spa which was included in our package and that was lovely. There were free tea and coffee making facilities that we could help ourselves to in the spa area. Dinner was good and breakfast the next morning even better!

Would recommend this hotel even if it was purely based on experience of service- fantastic!

Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
Dear JoC,
Thank you for taking time to review your recent spa break with us. I am so pleased that you had such an enjoyable break with us and I really do hope to see you again in the near future for another relaxing break
Welwyn Garden City, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 November 2013

Our second stay on a spa break deal at this hotel. The spa was great, we each had a facial and a shoulder, neck and back massage. A relaxing lunch and sumptuous dinner were all included. Also a fantastic breakfast the following morning.
The thing that let us down was the room. It felt like the walls were paper thin. We could hear the person in the next room going to the toilet!
There was a low humming noise during the night and then to cap it all we were woken up by people at 3am. We couldn't tell if they were arguing or not but they were really loud.
That said, the staff were all lovely, the food was a really high quality and the facilities are excellent.

• Stayed October 2013
Dear KateT, Thank you for your review of Bridgewood Manor. I am so pleased that you have enjoyed your time in our spa and also the food served thought your stay with us. I am sorry that you had some disappointment with the noise experienced in your room and I will certainly look in to the humming noise that you mention.
I hope that we can welcome you back to the hotel again in the near future
Kind regards
Deidre Billing Cluster
London
Reviewed 30 October 2013

We stayed for the weekend as a part of a function. We had a “Q star” room which was nice, a decent size and a very comfy bed. Checking in was strange because of the information we were given; we booked a table for dinner at 8.15 because the 8pm seating was full, I was then told that the dining room shut at 9.30. Not that the kitchen closed, but the dining room? Well it didn’t. We were also told that the bar would not take cash after 11pm – well it did. In a “Q star” room we are meant to have complimentary newspapers, when i found out i had to go and ask reception about this as they hadn’t offered this. In the lift it mentioned the “Q star” rooms had complimentary drinks and milk, drinks yes, milk no. It’s the attention to detail which makes a stay wonderful or mediocre. The only problem we had with the room was a branch scraping the window which woke me a 5am on Saturday morning.

The restaurant food was very good for dinner. We didn’t eat any snacks there. Breakfast was good, (the poached eggs I asked for were not great; hard and watery.) The rest of breakfast on Saturday was good. Sunday breakfast was not as good. They constantly ran out of food, there was no butter left, I asked twice for butter and a helpful lady finally got me some but I had all but finished by the time it arrived.
We didn’t have time to try the spa, but overall the hotel was good if a little pricey.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank verynaivetraveller
Dear verynaivetraveller, thank you for your in depth review of your recent stay with us. I have taken on board all of the comments that you have raised and I will discuss the shortcomings with the team here at the hotel.
I am pleased that overall you enjoyed your break and will return to visit us again in the future

Cluster General Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Chatham
Ashford International Hotel
Rowhill Grange Hotel & Utopia Spa
Eastwell Manor
Eastwell Manor
#1 of 1 in Boughton Lees
Hempstead House Hotel and Spa
Holiday Inn Rochester-Chatham
Tudor Park Marriott Hotel & Country Club

Been to Bridgewood Manor - QHotels? Share your experiences!