I was advised when booking this hotel via booking.com that it was walking distance from the dockyards. It is actually 3 miles away or a 10 minute drive so this was misleading. I had left my boyfriend at the dockyards and he was to walk to the hotel afterwards but needed to hire a cab. The location of the hotel is on the Maidstone road and cannot be located easily. Head towards Asda passing Toys R Us and then keep in the left lane, keep in the left lane and do not go over the flyover. The left hand land turns sharp left again into the main hotel entrance. You could easily miss it. The hotel allows well behaved dogs but the dogs must stay in the room and not be brought into the communal areas. This was okay. We had a twin room which was clean and tidy. I had insisted on a room away from the lift and function rooms as I had read previous complaints about excessive noise. The room had the standard range of complimentary teas and coffees. I was able to ask for more tea bags at reception. I was also offered dog scraps at the end of the evening and the dog enjoyed the two duck breasts. There is a fitness suite and a small pool which provide some relaxation. The only disappointment was the breakfast. Buffet style does not work with full English cooked breakfasts. The food was plentiful but poor quality sausages and bacon were unappetising. I would have preferred a freshly cooked to order service. I was also surprised to see other guests sitting in their slippers and dressing gowns, naked underneath. It was a bit chavvy and there should be a dress code, what next wearing swimming trunks?Overall, the staff were excellent and made our visit complete. We were made to feel very welcome with our dog. We will return but want to see cooked breakfasts cooked to order as this was to be the highlight of our stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated on the edge of historic Rochester, Bridgewood Manor is in the heart of the Garden of England with enchanting castles, the historic dockyards and many other great attractions on its doorstep. For those that enjoy retail therapy, at nearby Bluewater and exhibitions at Glow Bluewater. The Hotel has great links to the major motorway routes and high speed train route direct to the Olympics; we are a great stop over venue. The hotel is extremely proud of its reputation for high levels of customer service and the hotels intimate and charming characteristics offer the perfect combination for our guests. Unlimited free WiFi throughout the Hotel with dedicated bandwitdh is available for all guests. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com and Odigeo so you can book your Bridgewood Manor - QHotels reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bridgewood Manor Chatham
- Bridgewood Manor Hotel Chatham
- Bridgewood Manor - QHotels Chatham, Kent