“SAT NAV could not locate it Use SATNAV postcode ME5 9SE...dogs allowed” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Bridgewood Manor - QHotels

Bridgewood Manor - QHotels
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Chatham
Cheshunt, United Kingdom
“SAT NAV could not locate it Use SATNAV postcode ME5 9SE...dogs allowed”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 November 2013

I was advised when booking this hotel via booking.com that it was walking distance from the dockyards. It is actually 3 miles away or a 10 minute drive so this was misleading. I had left my boyfriend at the dockyards and he was to walk to the hotel afterwards but needed to hire a cab. The location of the hotel is on the Maidstone road and cannot be located easily. Head towards Asda passing Toys R Us and then keep in the left lane, keep in the left lane and do not go over the flyover. The left hand land turns sharp left again into the main hotel entrance. You could easily miss it. The hotel allows well behaved dogs but the dogs must stay in the room and not be brought into the communal areas. This was okay. We had a twin room which was clean and tidy. I had insisted on a room away from the lift and function rooms as I had read previous complaints about excessive noise. The room had the standard range of complimentary teas and coffees. I was able to ask for more tea bags at reception. I was also offered dog scraps at the end of the evening and the dog enjoyed the two duck breasts. There is a fitness suite and a small pool which provide some relaxation. The only disappointment was the breakfast. Buffet style does not work with full English cooked breakfasts. The food was plentiful but poor quality sausages and bacon were unappetising. I would have preferred a freshly cooked to order service. I was also surprised to see other guests sitting in their slippers and dressing gowns, naked underneath. It was a bit chavvy and there should be a dress code, what next wearing swimming trunks?Overall, the staff were excellent and made our visit complete. We were made to feel very welcome with our dog. We will return but want to see cooked breakfasts cooked to order as this was to be the highlight of our stay.

Room Tip: Be persistent in demanding a quiet room away from the lift and function rooms.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Barrie T, Hotel Manager at Bridgewood Manor - QHotels, responded to this review, 27 November 2013
Dear denise635914,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review the hotel. I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay here and that you will be returning.

I have noted your feedback concerning the breakfast experience and discussed fully with the Food & Beverage team.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel

Best Wishes

Barrie Thomas
Hotel Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (153)
  • Greek first
Romford, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 November 2013 via mobile

Me and another 6 girls went for a lovely spa weekend! Hotel and spa were both pretty basic but the food was fantastic in the restaurant. The bar was very quiet of a night time so we asked a bar man (Dylan) if we could put some music on! He was very friendly and accommodating and helped us enjoy ourselves so much it ended up being the best night ever! He stayed serving us until 5am and was happy the whole time and really made out night.
Staff were willing to help with anything we asked and although the rooms were basic and the spa was quite small we done exactly what we went there for and relaxed!

Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
AIHGeneralManager, General Manager at Bridgewood Manor - QHotels, responded to this review, 21 November 2013
Dear NatalieC, Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay here at Bridgewood Manor. I shall pass your thanks on to Dylan he will be so pleased that he had such an influence on your weekend with us. I am pleased to inform you that we have just begun a refurbishment of the hotel so i hope that you will visit again in the future to see the improvements we are making.
Braintree, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 November 2013 via mobile

We stayed for a weekend and it was very nice. Room clean and comfy. Couldn't fault the service. The food was very good plenty of choice. As others have said spa could do with a re vamp in some areas. But overall a relaxing weekend

• Stayed November 2013
Dear 40Ems,
Thank you for your review of your recent break with us, and your kind comments regarding the team here, we are all glad that you had an enjoyable stay. I hope that you will come and visit us again soon
Southampton
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 November 2013

My room was spacious and comfy. I upgraded which meant that everything in the minibar was included in the room rate, I think this was a good deal. I didn't eat dinner in the restaurant but breakfast was plentiful, tasty and the staff friendly and helpful even though I was after the normal breakfast rush. All the staff I encountered were excellent. I would and probably will return

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Dear KateM76, Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. I am pleased that you enjoyed your break with us and found your stay to be good value for money. I have great news that we are currently refurbishing the older bathrooms in the hotel along with the bedrooms and public areas so i hope that you will see the difference when you return. I look forward to welcoming you back very soon.
Kind regards
Cheshunt, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 November 2013 via mobile

I stayed here very recently as we visited the Chatham historic dockyard.
The hotel staff are very good and very helpful. The hotel itself is a little dated but everything does work. The breakfast we had was ok but not exceptional. I was hoping for a little better there.
One major gripe is the location. The hotel staff told us on the phone that we were close to chatham. Well the hotel is actually a little further away, virtually closer to Maidstone.
You will also find it hard to find on your sat-NAV.

Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Mazio1973
AIHGeneralManager, General Manager at Bridgewood Manor - QHotels, responded to this review, 19 November 2013
Dear MarioA,
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us here at BrIdgewood Manor. I am pleased to inform you that refurbishment work has now begun in the hotel this week with the heating in our public areas, beds have been replaced recently, new soft furnishings for bedrooms being delivered next week, and a whole host of other work due to be completed in the hotel over the coming weeks. I am pleased that the team here looked after you well and i will discuss with Chef why the breakfast was not up to its usual high standards during your visit. I am sorry that the hotel location was not as you required our address is in Chatham with the Historic Dock Yard only 10 minutes by car away.
I hope that you will visit us again soon to see the improvements we are making to the hotel.
Birmingham, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 November 2013

Nice hotel but the room service was a nightmare. First of all I got the wrong order and when I did get the right order it was missing the bottle of water that I'd requested. Although to be fair to the hotel I didn't have to pay for the room service in the end. Good leisure facilities though. Nice pool, steam room, gym, etc.... It was also easy to swap my room as the room I was originally given when I arrived in the room next door was a baby that was screaming the place down when I arrived.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Dear Ian B, Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. I am sorry that the room service experience fell some what short on this occasion this is certainly something that I will investigate with the team here as it is a very unusual occurrence. I hope that you did get a restful nights sleep when you settled into your room.
I hope that you will allow us another opportunity to redeem your faith in the service and quality we pride ourselves on here.
medway
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 November 2013

We stayed here on the first night of our honeymoon. A one night stay after a long wedding day. A beautiful peaceful night. We were initially concerned as there was a wedding on with all the booming disco music and spilling guests.. but once our room door was shut we could hear nothing. The bed was huge even in the standard room.. The water pressure was high in the shower.. All the things you hope for but often don't get.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear theworldwise,
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us, I am pleased that we delivered in all of the areas that you were hoping for and had a great start to your honeymoon. I hope that you will come and stay again soon- -f or your anniversary perhaps?
Cluster General Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Chatham
Ashford International Hotel
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,058 reviews
The Spa Hotel
The Spa Hotel
#3 of 14 in Royal Tunbridge Wells

Been to Bridgewood Manor - QHotels? Share your experiences!