“Afternoon tea”

Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Chatham
London, United Kingdom
“Afternoon tea”
Reviewed 14 December 2013

booked an afternoon tea at the bridgewood manor as a pre christmas get together for my mother, brothers, and sisters.
I have been for many of these teas in various locations, and this one was the worse I have ever seen. It was not worth anywhere near the £100 we paid.
I did not say anything at the time because I did not want to spoil the afternoon for everyone.
Usually you get a tray between two, we received two trays between the eight of us.
The sandwiches were basic, one scone each, and as for the cake, if this was the chefs choice he needs to up his game, if he thinks a slab of cake cut into thin slices is a luxury, when it should have been tarts and fancies, it was dull and unapppetising.
As I organised this booking, I felt embarassed and very upset charging everybody £25 for what should have been a special treat.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
5 Thank Jillian H
Barrie T, Hotel Manager at Bridgewood Manor - QHotels, responded to this review, 19 December 2013
Dear Jillian H,

Thank you for taking the time to review your experience. I'm sorry that your Afternoon Tea fell short of both your expectations and our usually high standards.

I am confident that your return visit in the future will prove much more enjoyable and I look forward to welcoming you back.

Barrie Thomas

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (171)
  • Greek first
Essex, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 December 2013

Just come back from a 2 night pamper break it was great value for money and I really enjoyed my stay.
The rooms were a nice size and very clean although the walls are a bit thin.
We had a lovely meal in the restaurant on the first night and joined in the Christmas party on the 2nd night even though there was only 2 of us, and had a good evening on both nights.
The pamper sessions were nice and relaxing and everyone in the spa were really friendly & helpful.
It would have been nice to see a more treatments available but that is only an observation.
Would definitely stay in this hotel again for a spa weekend.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Barrie T, Hotel Manager at Bridgewood Manor - QHotels, responded to this review, 14 December 2013
Dear jcalling,

I'm really pleased you had a great time here at Bridgewood Manor Hotel. Thank you for taking the time out to review your stay.

It's always nice to hear that our guests have had a good time.

See you again soon

All the best

Turkey
Reviewed 1 December 2013

Rooms are large enough, comfy and well furnished. Wi-fi was fast and reliable. Breakfast was above average. One warning togh: you definitely need a car if staying in this hotel as it is on the banks of a highway and no attractions anyway nearby. Closest metro station some 5 kms (and 10 pounds) away.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Barrie T, Hotel Manager at Bridgewood Manor - QHotels, responded to this review, 4 December 2013
Dear siteg,

Wow! Thank you for your glowing review of Bridgewood Manor Hotel. It's really good to hear that you had a great nights sleep and that everything exceeded your needs.

I hope you'll visit again soon

Best Wishes

Polegate, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 November 2013

Stayed for a weekend with Dinner on both nights. Room very good, food excellent. Breakfast buffet one of the best i have had. Good location for Chatham Dockyards. which is well worth a visit. Bar Prices a bit on the expensive side

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Barrie T, Hotel Manager at Bridgewood Manor - QHotels, responded to this review, 29 November 2013
Dear Stephen B,

What a great review! Thank you very much.
It's always nice to hear that our guests have enjoyed a fantastic stay here at Bridgewood Manor Hotel.

I look forward to welcoming you back.

All the best

lincoln
Reviewed 27 November 2013

It might be that my experience was not typical however the details are as follows:

On arrival there was no one on reception, there were however several members of staff walking around so after about tem minutes I asked one of them if they could find the receptionist. They said yes however after another ten minutes the receptionist did not turn up so I went in search and found her in a back room chatting with some random man.

I then checked in and was told to walk down the corridor until I found my room. The corridor smelt of sick and once halfway down I looked at my key card only to find that there was no room number on it. I therefore trekked back to the reception and asked for the room number then went in search of the room.

The bedroom was actually very nice (no smell of sick here)

Once I had settled in I decided to visit the restaurant however after waiting for ten minutes for a waitress to take me to a table I decided to take a seat at a table. I'm not sure what the problem was as there were only about four people in the restaurant. Eventually a waitress came over and offered me a food menus which I declined as it actually had the remnants of food smeared over it's cover.

I did complain to the manager who offered me a discount on my next visit!
Like I would come back

• Stayed December 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank impulsivearies
Barrie T, Hotel Manager at Bridgewood Manor - QHotels, responded to this review, 28 November 2013
Dear impulsivearies,

Thank you for your honest review of your stay last December. I'm really pleased that you found your room to be very nice.

Having recently joined the Hotel as part of a new senior team, and with investment into the property, I am confident that your next stay will be memorable for the right reasons.

I look forward to welcoming you back in the future

Cheshunt, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 November 2013

I was advised when booking this hotel via booking.com that it was walking distance from the dockyards. It is actually 3 miles away or a 10 minute drive so this was misleading. I had left my boyfriend at the dockyards and he was to walk to the hotel afterwards but needed to hire a cab. The location of the hotel is on the Maidstone road and cannot be located easily. Head towards Asda passing Toys R Us and then keep in the left lane, keep in the left lane and do not go over the flyover. The left hand land turns sharp left again into the main hotel entrance. You could easily miss it. The hotel allows well behaved dogs but the dogs must stay in the room and not be brought into the communal areas. This was okay. We had a twin room which was clean and tidy. I had insisted on a room away from the lift and function rooms as I had read previous complaints about excessive noise. The room had the standard range of complimentary teas and coffees. I was able to ask for more tea bags at reception. I was also offered dog scraps at the end of the evening and the dog enjoyed the two duck breasts. There is a fitness suite and a small pool which provide some relaxation. The only disappointment was the breakfast. Buffet style does not work with full English cooked breakfasts. The food was plentiful but poor quality sausages and bacon were unappetising. I would have preferred a freshly cooked to order service. I was also surprised to see other guests sitting in their slippers and dressing gowns, naked underneath. It was a bit chavvy and there should be a dress code, what next wearing swimming trunks?Overall, the staff were excellent and made our visit complete. We were made to feel very welcome with our dog. We will return but want to see cooked breakfasts cooked to order as this was to be the highlight of our stay.

Room Tip: Be persistent in demanding a quiet room away from the lift and function rooms.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
Barrie T, Hotel Manager at Bridgewood Manor - QHotels, responded to this review, 27 November 2013
Dear denise635914,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review the hotel. I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay here and that you will be returning.

I have noted your feedback concerning the breakfast experience and discussed fully with the Food & Beverage team.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel

Best Wishes

Romford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 November 2013 via mobile

Me and another 6 girls went for a lovely spa weekend! Hotel and spa were both pretty basic but the food was fantastic in the restaurant. The bar was very quiet of a night time so we asked a bar man (Dylan) if we could put some music on! He was very friendly and accommodating and helped us enjoy ourselves so much it ended up being the best night ever! He stayed serving us until 5am and was happy the whole time and really made out night.
Staff were willing to help with anything we asked and although the rooms were basic and the spa was quite small we done exactly what we went there for and relaxed!

Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
AIHGeneralManager, General Manager at Bridgewood Manor - QHotels, responded to this review, 21 November 2013
Dear NatalieC, Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay here at Bridgewood Manor. I shall pass your thanks on to Dylan he will be so pleased that he had such an influence on your weekend with us. I am pleased to inform you that we have just begun a refurbishment of the hotel so i hope that you will visit again in the future to see the improvements we are making.
Deidre Billing
Cluster General Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Chatham
Ashford International Hotel
Holiday Inn Rochester-Chatham
Hempstead House Hotel and Spa
Tudor Park Marriott Hotel & Country Club
Rowhill Grange Hotel & Utopia Spa
Eastwell Manor
Eastwell Manor
#1 of 1 in Boughton Lees

Been to Bridgewood Manor - QHotels? Share your experiences!