“Wedding Bliss”

Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Chatham
London
“Wedding Bliss”
Reviewed 28 February 2014

we are due to have wedding our reception at this hotel later this year, the hotel is beautiful and can cater for all. I have been Dealing with Fiona Kelly, she has been amazing. She is so professional and has done everything she has promised.She is on the ball and is a credit to the hotel. Would 100% recommend.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Princess1984kent
Barrie T, Hotel Manager at Bridgewood Manor - QHotels, responded to this review, 3 March 2014
Dear Princess1984kent,

Thank you so very much for such great feedback, Fiona is absolutely thrilled to have been mentioned.

I'm really pleased to hear that you've been so well looked after. I look forward to meeting you on your forthcoming wedding day!

Best Wishes

Hotel Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (170)
  • Greek first
Royston, Herts
Reviewed 26 February 2014

I agree with other reviewers who say this hotel is over-rated. There was a notice at the entrance saying that the hotel was being revamped but there had been no indication, when we booked, that this was happening. Our room was certainly tired around the edges, with tatty and discoloured fitments and flooring in the bathroom, marks and scuffs on the walls of the bedroom, and so much limescale around the handle of the toilet that it was almost impossible to flush - the handle was stuck in the "down" position, and every time it took two VERY strong hands to wrench it up so it could be flushed. The bed was comfortable but traffic noise from the road was very apparent and meant two disturbed nights. We'd had an awful journey to the hotel, and were so exhausted we couldn't face going out to find an evening meal, so ate in the hotel. We were horrified by the prices for food in the bar, and not much better pleased at the cost of the restaurant meals. We both had hake, which was very good, but the portions were small - almost small enough for a starter. On the plus side, the staff were mostly excellent.

Room Tip: We paid extra for a superior room, and wish we hadn't bothered. Although we got more space, whic...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Barrie T, Hotel Manager at Bridgewood Manor - QHotels, responded to this review, 27 February 2014
Dear Sarah-Royston,

Thank you for taking time to review your stay with us. I'm sorry to learn of your disappointment with the maintenance of your room. It'd be great if you could get in touch directly in order that I can get the issues with the room rectified soonest. Indeed we are undergoing refurbishment in the lobby and reception areas.

I'm really pleased that the team looked after you well and thank you for the feedback concerning the food offering in our restaurant. I'm sorry that the meal did not meet with your expectations in terms of portion size.

Southend-on-Sea, England
Reviewed 26 February 2014

Stayed for two nights, we have stayed at two other qhotels am I am afraid to say that one was the shabbiest! In desperate need of a makeover everything looks very tired! Staff were great and bed was very comfy! Breakfast was great as well! Dinner was a bit pricey but then that is to be expected in a hotel restaurant!

• Stayed February 2014
1 Thank AngeBailey
Dear AngeBailey,

Thank you for review of your stay. I'm glad you enjoyed the atmosphere of the hotel and that you rated our service, rooms and location 4 out of 5. It’s good to see you had a comfy night’s sleep with a great breakfast each morning.

You'll be pleased to know that we are undergoing refurbishment in our reception and lobby, with the bar and soft touches in the bedrooms to follow. Hopefully you'll take advantage of the great Breakaway Club offers for a return visit in the not too distant future.

Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 February 2014 via mobile

Can't say I am very impressed with this hotel, it has four crowns, how it got them I can't say. The whole place is tired and not very inviting, the restaurant needs a full refurb with central heating ducts falling apart all over the place, and for some reason they have nasty fake flowers on the tables, these would be better consigned to the skip. The room was freezing on arrival, and it took ages to warm up once input the radiator on, although once it had warmed it was ok. The room was adequate, but again in need of loving care, it was dated and tired, but facilities were adequate. Reception staff on check in we're very abrupt and not too friendly, they were efficient but lacked warmth and friendliness. On the first night I dined in the restaurant, the food was very sparse, and I am afraid it's a case of style over substance, far too much emphasis placed on trying to look good, but the portions are minute and even after three courses I was left wanting something else. Three scallops on a huge plate for starter at over £6, I ordered root veg and got mange tout, French beans and carrots that annoyingly still had grubby ends and had not been scrubbed, and to boot for some reason had been smothered in black pepper, I am not sure when mange tout and French beans were deemed to be root veg and prefer to add my own seasoning. The service was good and staff friendly though so it wasn't all bad, I must chuckle here as the waitress did say that she recommended a side order, obviously due to the small portion size, I think she saw the look on my face as the food arrived and gave a knowing nod. The second night I tried the bar food, it looked better value, but I was sadly wrong, I had fish and chips and onion rings. The chips were described as gourmet and served in a rusty bucket, it's all very pretentious, now I am not sure how you decide what a gourmet chip is but here it seems to be frozen catering chips, and I know what frozen catering chips look like I work in catering. When I have had gourmet fries in the past they have been hand cut and cooked properly from scratch, the fish was dripping in fat and the peas cold. Again service was ok the staff friendly and efficient, but I would suggest that you dine out!

Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Barrie T, Hotel Manager at Bridgewood Manor - QHotels, responded to this review, 26 February 2014
Dear audittraveler,

Thank you for your comprehensive review of your stay. Naturally I am disappointed to receive your comments and I'm sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations.

I can assure you that all the feedback we receive is monitored and reviewed with the team here to improve what we do wherever possible. It is regrettable that we did not have the opportunity to address your concerns during your stay with us. Please do contact me directly should you wish to discuss your feedback in more depth.

You'll be pleased to know that we are currently undergoing some refurbishment in our public areas coupled with soft furnishings in bedrooms.

Windsor, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 February 2014

Stayed at Bridgewood Manor for one night on Sunday 24th after visiting our son in Chatham. Everyone was very helpful and friendly from the receptionist ,bar staff and breakfast staff.

The location is great and would recommend it to family and friends.

The only downside was the breakfast was not very hot,although there was plenty of choice. Also although our room was lovely and clean the waste bin in the room was still full of someone else's rubbish. Maybe the room staff could be a bit more vigilant. Just an observation not a criticism . Over all a very enjoyable stay

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Dear sturgess637,

Thank you for your review I'm pleased you had an enjoyable stay and that the team were welcoming and friendly.

I must apologise on behalf of the Housekeeping team for the oversight with the waste bin in your room, I have addressed this with my Head Housekeeper. Likewise your feedback about the food temperature at breakfast has been discussed with both the Restaurant and Kitchen teams.

I hope that you'll visit us again in the future when visiting the area and it is certainly worth considering our Breakaway Club Membership

EAST SUSSEX
Reviewed 24 February 2014

My wife and I stayed at this hotel for the first time on the night of the 14t h February. Valentine's Day. We thought the evening was excellent with good food, a pleasant guy singing Sinatra swing music and excellent service especially from Katie our waitress who couldn't have been more pleasant. On top of which my wife was given a long stemmed red rose and complimentary drink which started our evening well.
This was the night of the great storm but the hotel was beautifully warm and sitting for coffee after dinner in the reception area with the fireplaces lit, made it all the more cosy and enjoyable.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Dear Barry N,

Thank you for your glowing review. I'm really pleased you had an enjoyable stay for the most romantic night of the year, the Chef and his team are delighted with your feedback concerning the food on the night.

Likewise Katie is really pleased to have had a mention here.

I look forward to welcoming you back for another cosy stay

Kent, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 February 2014

I would like to thank all the staff at the Bridgewood Manor hotel.
Me and my partner had an amazing overnight stay on 15th Feb 2014.

I would especially like to thank Ty and Natalie on reception for putting all our needs and requests into action and making everything such an ease. I would also like to that Claire, the Operation manager for all her help with our room.

I would recommend this hotel to anyone who would like a relaxing and calming stay in a beautiful hotel.

Many thanks again

Ms Leinster

• Stayed February 2014
Claire J, Manager at Bridgewood Manor - QHotels, responded to this review, 21 February 2014
Dear StevieLeinster,
Thankyou for your 100% review of your valantines break with us here at Bridgewood Manor. I shall ensure that I pass your kind comments to the whole team at the hotel and I hope that you will come and visit us again in the none to distant future
Claire Johnson
Operations Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Chatham
Ashford International Hotel
Holiday Inn Rochester-Chatham
Hempstead House Hotel and Spa
Tudor Park Marriott Hotel & Country Club
Rowhill Grange Hotel & Utopia Spa
Eastwell Manor
Eastwell Manor
#1 of 1 in Boughton Lees

Been to Bridgewood Manor - QHotels? Share your experiences!