“A solid 4”

Bridgewood Manor - QHotels
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Chatham
Reviewed 11 May 2014

A good quality hotel which was very satisfactory in every department. Easy to find and surprisingly quietly located. It is 10 minutes drive from Chatham and Rochester which was our purpose in staying. We didnt get to try any of the spa or exercise facilities so cannot comment there. The hotel was busy on our visit with a wedding on the first night but on checking in we were given a room well away from the wedding party. Our room was facing out back and we had peaceful nights sleep every night. Rooms were fairly standard but very clean and well kept. Bathroom had a bath which was appreciated. Breakfast was ok with a large variety but it was self service and the cooked options were never hot. Croissants were delicious. We never dined in the evening so again cannot comment on dinner.
Overall then well worth the stay (prices reasonable) but no wow factor. Would stay again

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Barrie T, Hotel Manager at Bridgewood Manor - QHotels, responded to this reviewResponded 12 May 2014

Dear MrandMrsSJ,

4 out of 5, thank you very much for your review. It's good to see that you had a restful night sleep. I've noted your feedback concerning the serving temperature of the cooked food at breakfast and I will ensure that this is addressed with Chef forthwith.

I very much hope that we have an opportunity to welcome you back in the future

Hotel Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (1,039)

Reviewed 6 May 2014

Booked a two night stay at the hotel and it was first time in this area. The hotel was very easy to find as it was located right by the main road. Checking in was confusing as the lady insisted on knowing if we wanted to book a table for dinner and that we had to book in order to have food. This was not the case as we were able to walk into the restaurant without a booking. Food was delicious and service was very good. We were very impressed with the standard and the portions of the food. Price was reasonable aswell, although price of beverages were quite pricey. Our room was clean and comfortable, nothing special but enough room for the two of us. The rooms do need to be redecorated in order to be a bit modern but that shouldn't affect people's view of the hotel. Breakfast was great, with plenty of choice. We were also very impressed with the quality of the meats with our english breakfast. The restaurant itself and bar needs a bit of a makeover but other than that it was decent enough. I don't quite understand why people have complained about the hotel as in my opinion you get what you pay for. The Holiday Inn down the road was far more expensive and seemed lower in standard. I am quite fussy with hotels and restaurant but was overly impressed with this hotel. The only thing that really bothered me was the fact my partner and I were in a room opposite to a very noisy family. I was not pleased that I was woken up at 6.30 on both morning because the adults were speaking loudly in the hallway. Only negative was that it needs a makeover in the room, restaurant and bar. However, would I stay here again? Definitely.

Room Tip: If you're a couple then make sure you are not in the same corridor as any fanily rooms.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Barrie T, Hotel Manager at Bridgewood Manor - QHotels, responded to this reviewResponded 7 May 2014

Dear Sian H,

4 out of 5 across the board, thank you very much for your balanced review. I'm really pleased that you enjoyed your visit to the hotel and the area.

Chef and his team are chuffed with your comments about the food and I'll follow up your feedback concerning the restaurant booking. I'm sorry you were woken by other guests so early but hopefully this didn’t detract from your stay too much.

I look forward to welcoming you back

Best Wishes

Reviewed 5 May 2014 via mobile

Booked one night spa package for the bank holiday, this included one nights stay, dinner, breakfast, lunch and one treatment. When we checked in we was given no information about my booking, the man at the desk didn't ask for any ID to make sure all details were correct he just tried to sell me a membership for the hotel and spa gave us our room key. Room was cosy and clean. When booking this package I knew there was a set menu for the dinner however I wasn't told that we only had a budget of £26pp to spend on dinner and that didn't include drinks! (Cheeky!) The menu for dinner was boring with only 4 options to choose from for starter, dinner and pudding and the portions were small, they don't pile your plate up, they're all for the presentation, if I'm honest I would rather it all piled on and a filled belly than a pretty plate. We had to ask approach the reception and ask all the questions ourselves about the spa etc;

The spa has a tiny gym with very few machines, one small swimming pool, a sauna which can fit 3 people in, a steam room which can fit around 4 people at a push and 2 heated loungers. The spa is nothing special at all, it's clean but so minimal and simple, impossible to spend more than 2 hours in the spa, it's gets boring as there's not a lot to do. There were no robes for us on our arrival even though the package states we will be given them, the lady who worked at the spa said there weren't any left!!!! Surely what you're meant to get what you pay for?

Lunch was okay, chose the chicken Caesar wrap which arrived stuffed lettuce and literally 3 small pieces of chicken in both wraps! We had to check out at 11 but asked to keep it until one as our treatment wasn't until 3pm! We had to pay an extra £10 to stay till 1. But if we checked out any time after 1 we were told we would have to pay a FULL CHARGE!

Treatment was meant to be at 3pm however after getting there at 2.30 we approached the spa reception to let me know we had arrived and the girl said we would have to have our treatment at 3.30, apparently they had tried to contact me but had the wrong number! The girl said that I could have my treatment at 3pm and my partner could have his at 3.30! The whole point was to have the treatment together so we had to move it until 3.30, keeping in mind I had booked this a month in advance!

Wouldn't come here again tbh, hotel is clean and tidy but the service is poor and paying extortion prices for drinks isn't on!

Disappointing!

• Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank Charlotte S
Barrie T, Hotel Manager at Bridgewood Manor - QHotels, responded to this reviewResponded 6 May 2014

Dear Charlotte S,

Thank you for taking the time to write your frank review. Naturally I am concerned and sorry that the food and drink elements of your stay did not meet your expectations on this occasion. I will be sharing your feedback relating to these areas with the team directly in order that we can improve where possible. I must apologise for the confusion with the treatment timings, again you have my assurances that this will be followed up with the spa team.

I'm happy to discuss your feedback in more depth should you wish to contact me directly on 01233 201333

Reviewed 4 May 2014 via mobile

It's very near a busy road but I wasn't kept awake once. Food in the restaurant on our first night was excellent. As we were with a group the rest of the week we have a private dining buffet. Food was still good but not as good. The rooms were clean, comfortable and well equipped. I could hear too much through the walls though. The reception has a beautiful desk and lobby. Staff were helpful and kind. Conference facilities good.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business

Dear ryfka,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay. I'm delighted to see that you enjoyed the food during your stay and thank you also for the positive comments concerning the housekeeping standards.

I will certainly pass on your feedback concerning the kind and helpful staff to the team here at the hotel.

Reviewed 2 May 2014

Having stayed at Q Hotels on many occasions, and always being very satisfied, Bridgewood Manor was a big disappointment. We were there on business and planning to use Bridgewood Manor as a venue for an up and coming event we are arranging for 50 conference delegates
Our main complaints centred around the meals and lack of attention to detail in the bar and restaraunt. Food served did not meet the menu description, was poorly cooked and poorly presented. many items on the menu were not available, the waitresses had little or no knowledge of the food they were serving and seemed unable ( and on occasions) unwilling to help.
For example, we were served a warm bottle of white wine that was placed in an ice bucket at the table ' to get it cold' . FAIL. I ordered two hard boiled eggs at breakfast, only to be bought too cold, peeled eggs that 'we're left over from the large breakfast party earlier '. FAIL.
Yes, we complained. Yes, the wine was not charged to our bill. Did I feel listened to? No. Do I think anything will change? No. Did we eat in the restaurant again after the first night of a 3 night stay? No. Will we go back? No. Did we book the 50 person event there. Definitely not.

Dear Wood20Fox,

Thank you for taking the tie to review your stay here. It is clear from your review that we did not meet your expectations in a number of key areas and clearly this was disappointing for you. I'm keen to discuss your feedback in more depth with you and would be grateful if you could contact me directly on 01634 201333

Reviewed 23 April 2014

Excellent. Professional, clean lovely room. Food and staff great. Would recommend definitely.
From the time we arrived until we left it was a perfect stay. I lived locally but never ventured into this hotel. I wish now I had, as I would rate the best one in the area.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Barrie T, Hotel Manager at Bridgewood Manor - QHotels, responded to this reviewResponded 24 April 2014

Dear Carol W,

Thank you for taking the time to write a great review, 5 out of 5 across the board!. It's always nice to hear that our guests have had a fantastic stay.

I look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 16 April 2014

Firstly let me get the good bits out of the way

The Reception Staff are excellent, I was booked into a room on the 1st floor, only to discover a pair of "ladies" were next door intent on singing along to the full repertoire of Jessie J as loud as the human body can possibly sustain, "Domino" will never be the same again!!

I spoke to the reception staff and they immediately offered an alternative room, room 243.

The room was clean and tidy and maintained that way for the full week.

One minor quibble, the Bar was being refurbished, but I wasn't informed on check-in.

The not so good bit, the restaurant, I believe the Chef/cook was formerly a member of the Armed Forces and for their leaving gift they took a Miltary Standard Blanderiser.
One my 1st night I ordered Grilled Mackerel and the Wild Mushroom Risotto, both were tasteless and unispiring. The Mackerel could of been anything Fish or Meat.
Returning to the restaurant 2 night later I ordered the Duck breast, hoping this would have some taste, but no this also had been passed through the Blanderiser.
The Restaurant staff seem at best rushed off their feet, at worst disrganised, breakfast starts at 06:30, I arrived at 06:31 on my 1st morning, to be met with the statement that there was no hot food but it was being prepared, hot food started arriving at 06:45. To be fair this improved during the week, and, as the cooked food are mass produced items, it avoided the Blanderiser and was quite tasty.
The food from the restaurant then, to sum up is Blander than a Bland thing on National Bland Day.

The Hotel Staff are really let down by the Restaurant

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Barrie T, Hotel Manager at Bridgewood Manor - QHotels, responded to this reviewResponded 17 April 2014

Dear Barrovian134,

Thank you for taking time out to write your frank review. I'm really pleased to see a 4 out of 5 rating for most areas.

I must apologise for the delay with the hot food on one morning at breakfast, I will certainly investigate this matter with my Food & Beverage Manager. I can only apologise that the food at dinner in the restaurant was not to your liking, I will pass on your feedback to my Head Chef.

On a positive note I'm pleased my team were able to accommodate your room relocation request promptly and efficiently.

Hotel Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Chatham
Holiday Inn Rochester-Chatham
The Spa Hotel
#2 of 14 in Royal Tunbridge Wells
4 mi away
Travelodge Chatham Maritime Hotel

Been to Bridgewood Manor - QHotels? Share your experiences!