For all those readers on here who are seeing reviews for this hotel with a 4/5 and 5/5, please think again. My husband and I have now stayed here twice - both times severely lacking in service and amenities.
We have friends in the area and everyone raves about it, but this is based on rumours going back 20 years. The sad reality is that this hotel is now tired and shabby and way overrated.
When you first walk in, the floors look dirty and the carpet looks like it has had many better years. It continues in the bar where the wallpaper is coming off in places and in the restaurant where the downlights aren't working and haven't even been replaced, leaving an empty hole in the ceiling. The prices for food and drink are over the top. This is probably based on that there are not many other venues in the vicinity unless you have a car or a taxi.
The rooms are ok but, speaking from experience, you can get just as good a bed (if not better) at the Premier Inn.
Our first stay was in the summer of 2013 and we were told that there was an air conditioner in our room only to find that this was a portable fan. We rang down for room service only to have to ring 3 times for it to be delivered.
During our second stay we were unable to use the pool and were not advised of this prior to arriving in the pool area. Also we rang down to reception enquring about the heated towel rail in the room and when it would come on. They didn't know and rang us back to advise that it would come on automatically in the evening, which it didn't.
Given the room prices, I do not consider this hotel to be good value or service overall. Having seen the reviews on this page and other travel pages, I do not understand what these travellers are seeing. We thought that the first time was just bad luck so thought we'd give it a second chance, but for us it is a case of twice bitten, never again!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated on the edge of historic Rochester, Bridgewood Manor is in the heart of the Garden of England with enchanting castles, the historic dockyards and many other great attractions on its doorstep. For those that enjoy retail therapy, at nearby Bluewater and exhibitions at Glow Bluewater. The Hotel has great links to the major motorway routes and high speed train route direct to the Olympics; we are a great stop over venue. The hotel is extremely proud of its reputation for high levels of customer service and the hotels intimate and charming characteristics offer the perfect combination for our guests. Unlimited free WiFi throughout the Hotel with dedicated bandwitdh is available for all guests. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Priceline, Odigeo and Agoda so you can book your Bridgewood Manor - QHotels reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bridgewood Manor Chatham
- Bridgewood Manor Hotel Chatham
- Bridgewood Manor - QHotels Chatham, Kent