“GREAT IMPROVEMENT ON LAST TIME”

Bridgewood Manor - QHotels
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Chatham
Reviewed 15 August 2014

Spent four nights at the hotel and what an improvement. Reception staff were more friendly and helpful. Nothing was too much trouble for any member of staff. Meal were well presented and good selection. bedroom spotless One or two slip-ups but these were sorted out quickly. Many thanks to Barrie for his friendly approach, nice to see him checking round the hotel. Hope to be back again soon.

Room Tip: ask for a a quiet room on the back of the hotel
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Barrie T, Hotel Manager at Bridgewood Manor - QHotels, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2014

Dear diddydi-do,

Thank you for your superb 5 out of 5 review. I'm really pleased you enjoyed your stay and that we improved upon your last visit.

I look forward to seeing you soon

Hotel Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (1,060)

Reviewed 29 July 2014

stayed at this hotel for two nights from sat 26th until monday 28th jily, as a surprise present for hubby 60th from our son. this hotel from entering to leaving was fabulous. the staff were excellent , couldnt do enough to help, always very polite. room was very clean and a good size. the pool steam room and sauna were fabulous and stayed open late, which was great after a tiring day out . couldnt fault this hotel. food was excellent as well. had a slight problemn due to fire alarm going off at 03-30 in the morning, spoke to manager and we were offered a free night at the hotels, so any problem rectified satisfactorily.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank 325kitten99
Barrie T, Hotel Manager at Bridgewood Manor - QHotels, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2014

Dear 325kitten99,

Thank you for your excellent review. I would like to offer my sincere apologies for the intrusion caused by the fire alarm activation.

As I'm sure you can appreciate, the safety and security of our guests is one of our primary concerns, consequently with an alarm activation during the night we have no alternative but to evacuate the building.

I have passed on your kind comments concerning the team and your experience of the services here and they have been very warmly received.

I look forward to welcoming you back

Reviewed 28 July 2014

We have just returned from this hotel this after visiting our friends in Kent. When we arrived on Friday night after a 9 hour drive from Durham we were greeted by a very large wedding party. They were ensconced in the hotel with children running wildly and freely all over the place. Screaming shouting and acting like it was a huge crèche. The wedding guests were outside smoking and our initial reaction was unbelievable.

The room was small and stuffy so I opened the window and was initially quiet, so was pleased to have escaped the mayhem from earlier in the reception area. We decided to escape and go to the local public emporium which was 'The Tiger Moth', just down the road.

We returned at 2100hrs and went to bed, the hotel was bouncing and thought it might calm down...WRONG!
At 01:30 We were awoken by a woman and a man directly below our window shouting obscenities at each other accusing each other of infidelities and other stuff...great if your a soap fan but not if your shattered after a 9 hour drive.
This sort of behaviour continued until 0300, we had to get up at 06:00 so I wasn't too pleased.

The next morning I complained at reception, pointless...they reacted as if they were not surprised.
They did offer to move us but as we were vacating the hotel and not arriving until late that night we didn't bother. They did say, there was another wedding on the Saturday night but not as large a party...

We arrived back about 00:30 Sunday morning and it was quieter..

We went to breakfast at 09:30 and there was no scrambled eggs and chef said he wasn't making any more..thanks Chef...Real slick...other residents had some on their plate..No beans, no sauce..what the hell is going on here??

We checked out at 10:30 and reception was full of people complaining, One couple with a small baby asked to see the manager!!

Overall, the place was cheap enough...apart from the noise and the Chavs...and the poor breakfast the place is great...handy for the motorways..which you can hear through the night...so you know they haven't moved..

Great place...wouldn't mind spending two weeks here...if I was a masochist ..could have stayed at my friends place...wish we had...

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Mapesworth
Barrie T, Hotel Manager at Bridgewood Manor - QHotels, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2014

Dear GeorgeSowerby,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay. I am sorry to learn of the disturbances that you encountered from other guests of the hotel enjoying their family celebrations, and indeed that of the road which can be very busy this time of year with holidaymakers. I completely understand how this can impact your enjoyment of a hotel stay.

Please do give me a call at your earliest convenience in order that I can discuss personally with you the other feedback you have given

Reviewed 24 July 2014

We were here with a couch (44 people + driver) and staid two nights. We were received with a warm welcome and room distribution was well prepared. Our room was very hot (as were many others) as we were lucky to have very hot weather (29 °C). Unfortunately there was no air-conditioning in the room and the provided ventilator did not help much to cool down the room temperature. The view from the window was some roofs and service areas (including dirt bins). During the night we clearly heard the close by highway and what was even worse, the disco was just below our room, so we could not sleep till when the party was over... Some other gests of our company had the same problems due to the noise.
So our first night was one with very little and poor quality sleep. Luckily the second night the festivities were at another side of the hotel and nobody of our group had any problems from excess noise, except the street/highway noises.
The dinner quality was OK, but the service the first night was terrible. Getting a drink from the bar took ages... . Also the table service was slow. We noticed the waitresses were running around, but not really around in the restaurant or were just talking to each other instead of taking away empty plates, serving drinks... The other people in the restaurant were served faster and more adequately than our group. Bringing the different plates was nice to observe, as the first waitress brought some of the requested dishes to one or more tables, but then second waitress/waiter started at the same tables, who had already the desired dish they ordered...
Finally, we got to the desert and coffee... Luckily, the second dinner day was faster and better organised...
Would have both nights be without noise disturbance and a bar and food service as the second night, I would have seen the service as good, as the room was clean with good bed and nice bathroom (although the shower was in the bath). The breakfast buffet gave a lot of choice.

For those willing to use the pool, do note it is not very big...

Luckily most of our group had a quite room,...

Room Tip: Unless you are a guest at the planned party, do ask for a quite room at the back of the hotel or ask...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Claire J, Manager at Bridgewood Manor - QHotels, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2014

Dear Marc G,
Thank you for your review of your recent stay with us as part of a coach Group recently. I am sorry that the unusually hot weather we experienced made your stay uncomfortable and the fans that we provided did not cool you sufficently. On the first evening of your stay I am sorry that the bar was unusually busy with another group in the hotel, So I apologise that the staff who took the orders for your entire group at the tables took longer than anticipated for your drinks to be served and for your evening meal. Thank you for your kind comments regarding our housekeeping and breakfast standards.I lookforward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the future

Reviewed 21 July 2014

We stayed here for a family function in the nearby area. Considering its a road side kind of hotel, it was lovely in the lobby with some quaint cubbys for sitting. The rooms were very clean and the beds extremely comfortable with zero noise interruption. The staff were all very helpful. The breakfast was also brilliant with so much choice, and no limit on how much you could eat. I would recommend this hotel for its comfort and good service!
(Free wifi also)

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Dear Ellie S,
Thank you for taking the time to write the lovely review of your recent stay with us here at Bridgewood Manor. I am pleased that you had a relaxing break with us and made use of th ehotel facilities. I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel again very soon.
Claire Johnson - Operations Manager

Reviewed 13 July 2014

Had a weekend deal from Q Hotels, which meant that the cost was about what you'd expect to pay for a Travelodge or Premier Inn, although not sure what the full room rates would be here, it was good value.
Hotel location is a little isolated if you like to be within walking distance of local attractions, but is well placed for exploring Kent by car, being close to M2. Rooms were clean and well maintained.
On the Friday night, there was a Comedy Night on, our room was on the first floor close to the function room where this was being hosted and the Disco afterwards was so loud that the bass vibrations were actually felt through my pillow and woke me up. To be fair to the management though, they did stop the disco at midnight. There was similar functions on Saturday, although slightly quieter, so worth bearing in mind where your room is, when staying at the weekend and if you like an early night.
Spa seemed popular too, although never used it personally.
Breakfast a little chaotic on our first morning, with little hot food, but following morning seemed much better, so perhaps just an off day.

Room Tip: Rooms on first floor close to function rooms could get noisy at weekend up to midnight.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Claire J, Manager at Bridgewood Manor - QHotels, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2014

Dear a_travellerPeterboro,
Thankyou for taking the time to reveiw your recent stay with us here at Bridgewood Manor, I am very pleased that you enjoyed your recent break with us and that you found your room to be clean and comfortable, I am sorry that your nights sleep was not as peaceful as you would have hoped and there was a particuarly busy breaakfast on your first morning but I hope that we made up for this on your second day.
I hope that I can welcome you back again soon to make use of our spa facilities

Reviewed 11 July 2014

the rooms were lovely, staff really helpful, I order room service which took about 50 minutes to arrive and the food was not really hot but ok, the breakfast was nice and plenty of choice on the buffet, staff on hand in case you require anything
their is a SPA attached to the hotel which i did not try but looked really nice, i do plan to stay again

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business

Dear roo156,

Thankyou for your review of your recent stay with us. I am pleased that you enjoyed your visit to the hotel and could explore the Kent country side from your base here. I hope that when you visit again in the future you will have time to relax in our spa and enjoy a treatment or two.
I look forward to welcoming you back again soon

Claire Johnson- Operations Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Chatham
Holiday Inn Rochester-Chatham
#2 of 14 in Royal Tunbridge Wells
Hilton Maidstone
Hilton Maidstone
#8 of 17 in Maidstone

Been to Bridgewood Manor - QHotels? Share your experiences!