Bridgewood Manor - QHotels
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$70
US$88
US$59
Travelodge
1,091 results
All reviewsspa breaklight lunchspa stafflovely spaleisure facilitiesrestaurant staffmy partnerwaiting staffsauna and steam roomplenty of choicewedding partyfunction roomfriday nightboth nightsbar areathe staff were friendly and helpfulevening meal
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 23 February 2010

I arrived on a Sunday evening for a one night stay. Greeted by efficient reception staff at check-in. Main areas were fairly decent but rooms a tad tired. My room was changed with minimal fuss and nothing was too much trouble - staff were efficient, professional and friendly. One bar man on duty which was adequate for a Sunday evening - again, very efficient and personable. Bar meal adequate and good selection of wines at reasonable prices. An ideal place to stay for a woman travelling alone who wishes to sit in the bar/lounge area without feeling "anxious". Breakfast excellent - wide choice and fresh. Overall very good value at £59 including breakfast.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled on business
simonbarker, General Manager at Bridgewood Manor - QHotels, responded to this reviewResponded 23 March 2010

Thank you for your very positive response. The team look forward to welcoming you back to the Bridgewood Manor in the very near future.

Reviewed 30 January 2010

Highly recommend to anyone wanting a lovely stay in a really lovely hotel. Staff very helpful and food really excellent. Great location.

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled as a couple
simonbarker, General Manager at Bridgewood Manor - QHotels, responded to this reviewResponded 1 February 2010

Thank you very much for your extremly kind review. The team at the Bridgewood Manor look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 19 January 2010

The Bridgewood Manor was a welcome sight after a terrible car journey. All the staff that we came into contact with couldn't do enough to look after us. We had a fantastic dinner in the restaurant and an impressive breakfast that set us up for our business meeting. I look forward to going back

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled on business
simonbarker, General Manager at Bridgewood Manor - QHotels, responded to this reviewResponded 20 January 2010

Thank you for your very positive review. We look forward to welcoming you back to Bridgewood in the very near future.

Reviewed 17 January 2010

We are originally from Kent and usually stay with family there but as it was my husband's birthday we decided to make a weekend of it. The room was fine but nothing special. The net curtain had fallen down and was sitting on the window sill but that was no big deal. We were looking forward to a nice bath or shower and getting ready for our meal out, especially as we had been travelling and had also called in to relatives to help them with some DIY. The problem was there was no hot water. I called reception and they said the boiler had broken and that the plumber had promised it to be working by 8.00 pm which was no good as we were going out at 7.45. We braved a tepid shower and went out.

Next morning, the same situation. No hot water. We complained to the front desk when checking out and someone else in front of us was also complaining. I overheard the receptionist say "well no one else has complained". The other receptionist told me that there was a fault with the boiler again but when I spoke to the duty manager she told me it was just because everyone was showering at the same time. My response was that if you're paying that much for a hotel you expect hot water whenever you want it. She offered me 10% off my bill. I declined and will be writing to their head office.

Other problems were that something in the toilet cistern must have broken as it was constantly filling. Also we decided to have a drink in the bar before being picked up by our taxi and as there was a function on it took so long to be served that we did not have time to finish our drinks before we were picked up.

Breakfast was very nice, but all in all, I would say this hotel was not value for money. Apart from things like a trouser press and the spa facilities which I cannot comment on as we did not use them, this was no better than a Travelodge, and I wish we had stayed there and saved ourselves some money.

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled as a couple
simonbarker, General Manager at Bridgewood Manor - QHotels, responded to this reviewResponded 18 January 2010

Thank you for your review.I am sorry that you had a disappointing experience. I will contact you directly so that I may discuss your comments further with you.

Reviewed 17 January 2010

Some ok, much needs improving, no Forest Pines or Ashford International. Issues and constructive feedback were dealt with well. Good service, choice and service at breakfast.

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled with friends

Thank you for your review. The Bridgewood Manor looks forward to being of service to you again in the very near future.