“A Hotel that aims to please”

Bridgewood Manor - QHotels
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Chatham
Kent
“A Hotel that aims to please”
Reviewed 8 June 2010

I was invited to a birthday party weekend at the Bridgewood Manor Hotel, so on arriving at the hotel I was checked in with ease and retired to my room. The rooms which had been allocated to myself and my friends where a little out of date to say the least but where clean and tidy it has to be said. As a former Hotelier I know how hard it can be for hotels to sell tired rooms, but what made the stay special without doubt was the friendly staff that could not do enough for us. The meal we had that night was good and reasonably priced and service again was good. On check out I thought it was only right to point out how pleased I was with the over all stay and pointed out my only bad comment was the tired rooms. The reception staff understood my comments and said she would pass them on to the Hotel manager. As there was a few of us checking out that morning we waited for all our friends to finish breakfast and while we was waiting we was approached my the Hotel Manager who had already heard our comments and said that a refurbishment program was being undertaking in time. He then was kind enough to supply us with a complimentary coffee while our friends checked out. The over all experience of the hotel was good but I have to say the staff are very much 5 star and will look forward to heading back there one day.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled with friends
simonbarker, General Manager at Bridgewood Manor - QHotels, responded to this review, 23 June 2010
Thank you for your very kind review. The team are delighted that you enjoyed your stay and work is underway to plan the bedroom refurbishment which will mirror the great service of the team. Thank you again and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Bridgewood Manor in the very near future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (160)
  • Greek first
Snodland, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 May 2010

So, my husband and I decided on having a little mid-week break (to celebrate our anniversary) and booked into the bridgewood Manor after booking it online through a 3rd party website.
Arrived around 6pm and was checked in and given my room number to which I went to.. Opened the door and low and behold we had been given not the most spacious of rooms... with two single beds in...
So off I went to the reception and the conversation went as follows
"Hi, the room you have just given me is a twin room and i booked and paid for a double"
"yes thats right"
"But i paid for a double"
"we dont have any doubles"
But i booked a double, i would never have booked here if i knew there were only single beds here!
"I have no doubles to give you"
"then you should never have taken my booking, i wanted a double!" (Thank the lord for internet phones as i then showed my confirmation email)
"I didnt take your booking"
"yes, ok maybe not you, but you as a hotel..someone somewhere took my booking"!
".. we.. dont.. have.. any... doubles" (speaking to me as if im slow)
"Right.. is there a manager i can speak to about this as this is seeming just a tad on the ridiculous side to me.."
So.. off she trotted to the back room where out comes the manager, and after a brief explanation from myself, with no fuss at all from the manager, i get an upgrade to a deluxe DOUBLE.
why had i been made to argue with miss attitude herself over something that i had ordered and paid for????
Why was it necessary for me to be wasting 10 minutes of my anniversary arguing about them not having a double room, when quite clearly they had???
And more to the point...Why on this earth do they think that room was "deluxe"?.. ok it was larger than the room with the single beds in but the word deluxe certainly did not spring to mind.
The room was not the cleanest i had ever been into, the bath has dirt lines running down all the way round it. Shower was nicely powerful tho and the shower gel and shampoo and conditioner was of a nice quality. The tv was an old box type but addiquate enough i suppose.
Bed was extremely comfortable.. maybe I was just worn out after all the arguing i had to do to get it
Breakfast.. now this was the only thing that was 4 star about the hotel. The staff were fabulous. Attentive, fast service and a very nice spread with different cold meats and cheeses as well as a buffet style full english.. very nice.. only gripe was the watered down apple juice, but hey, you cant have it all can you i suppose??
Actually yes you can, and i will be in future, giving this place a very wide berth.
In my opinion, no way should this be a four star, and they should maybe think about a bit of staff training.. especially as reception staff are the first person that us mere mortals meet within the hotel.
But.. who am i anyway eh?

• Stayed May 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank del-the-dog
simonbarker, General Manager at Bridgewood Manor - QHotels, responded to this review, 7 June 2010
Thank you for your review. Your experience was extremely out of character for us but please be rest assured that we have addressed your concerns. I do hope that you will use the Bridgewood Manor again and allow us to make amends. I would be grateful if you could contact me personally so that we have the opportunity to do so.
Uxbridge
Reviewed 3 May 2010

Oh dear. Not a great time spent at Bridgewood Manor. Couldn't believe it was a four star hotel. Friends of ours had recommended the hotel for our short trip for Rochester's Sweeps Festival. OK, so they couldn't be held responsible for the cold and rain, but just felt that everything was a little below par. Had to wait 20mins to check in, and then still the room wasn't ready so they transferred us to a ground floor room. Shower was very leaky, couldn't stop it from spraying all over the floor. The food in the bar and restaurant was over-priced (£9.00 for a club sandwich!!). Staff were friendly, but seemed a little inefficient i.e had to be reminded to bring us cutlery to eat our food, no menu's on tables, didn't offer any condiments, no towels in the leisure area, staff late for spa treatments, then rushed us through (less than the half hour booked),pool below artic temperatures due to faulty boiler! All in all, I would think twice before staying here again, as apart from the excellent buffet breakfast, I really don't think it rates a 4 star, or gives good value for money.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled as a couple
simonbarker, General Manager at Bridgewood Manor - QHotels, responded to this review, 7 May 2010
Thank you for your review. It was extremely unfortunate that we suffered a breakdown of our heating boiler over this weekend but this has now been fully rectified and the pool back to normal temperature. I will ensure that the service issues that you mentioned will also be addresed as this is very unusual. I hope that we will be able to be of service to you again in the very near future.
Leicestershire
Reviewed 27 April 2010

It was a pleasure to stop in the Bridgewood Manor, hotel staff were very helpful and went out of their way to accomodate us. The girl in the spa was also very pleasant and helpful. Overall we had a lovely time and will definately visit the hotel again.
It was very nice to stop somewhere that all the staff were pleasant and friendly, I only wish all hotels had such fantastic staff.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled with friends
simonbarker, General Manager at Bridgewood Manor - QHotels, responded to this review, 28 April 2010
Thank you very much for your extremly kind review. The team and I look forward to welcoming you back to the Bridgewood Manor in the very near future.
Bournemouth
Reviewed 2 April 2010

Stayed at bridgewood manor on a night stay spa package. Spa facilities were a bit disappointing as the jaccuzi was being replaced by something else. The staff were very friendly and nothing was enough trouble, The room was fine apart from the TV which was lacking channels due to poor reception. But the highlight of our stay was the food which was fantastic. Overall a very pleasant experience and would recommend to my friends and family.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled as a couple
simonbarker, General Manager at Bridgewood Manor - QHotels, responded to this review, 6 April 2010
Thank you for taking the time and trouble to write your review. The team at the Bridgewood Manor are delighted that you enjoyed your stay and look forward to being of service to you again in the very near future.
Essex
Reviewed 23 February 2010

I arrived on a Sunday evening for a one night stay. Greeted by efficient reception staff at check-in. Main areas were fairly decent but rooms a tad tired. My room was changed with minimal fuss and nothing was too much trouble - staff were efficient, professional and friendly. One bar man on duty which was adequate for a Sunday evening - again, very efficient and personable. Bar meal adequate and good selection of wines at reasonable prices. An ideal place to stay for a woman travelling alone who wishes to sit in the bar/lounge area without feeling "anxious". Breakfast excellent - wide choice and fresh. Overall very good value at £59 including breakfast.

• Stayed February 2010, travelled on business
simonbarker, General Manager at Bridgewood Manor - QHotels, responded to this review, 23 March 2010
Thank you for your very positive response. The team look forward to welcoming you back to the Bridgewood Manor in the very near future.
kent
Reviewed 30 January 2010

Highly recommend to anyone wanting a lovely stay in a really lovely hotel. Staff very helpful and food really excellent. Great location.

• Stayed January 2010, travelled as a couple
simonbarker, General Manager at Bridgewood Manor - QHotels, responded to this review, 1 February 2010
Thank you very much for your extremly kind review. The team at the Bridgewood Manor look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Chatham
Ashford International Hotel
Hempstead House Hotel and Spa
The Spa Hotel
The Spa Hotel
#2 of 14 in Royal Tunbridge Wells

Been to Bridgewood Manor - QHotels? Share your experiences!