“Excellent service to match excellent facilities”

Bridgewood Manor - QHotels
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Chatham
Lancaster, United Kingdom
“Excellent service to match excellent facilities”
Reviewed 12 March 2011

I'm a frequent (thrice-weekly) business traveller, well-versed over the past decade in the joys and miseries of hotel stopovers. I recently had reason to stay in this hotel twice within a fortnight. On each occasion I was struck by the unusually excellent and friendly service from reception staff, restaurant staff - even the consultant fitting an updated plasma screen TV in my room when I arrived (early)! I've never had reason to contribute to TripAdvisor before, but felt moved to express my appreciation for an outstanding experience in this hotel.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled on business
simonbarker, General Manager at Bridgewood Manor - QHotels, responded to this review, 16 March 2011
Dear bigspybossovich - May I say how honoured I am that you have taken the trouble to submit your first review and give such glowing feedback on my team. The new LCD televisions have indeed been installed and will further enhance our guest experience with the vast selection of freeview channels and full SKY SPORTS packages - a first for any hotel in the Maidstone and Medway areas. The team and I look forward to making Bridgewood your continued home from home.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (171)
  • Greek first
Reviewed 6 March 2011

This was my first experience at a commedy night and it was a gift for my partner. I have to say the commedy was of high quality but unfortunatley the hotel & food let it down. The comedy started with finding foil in my food and the couples around me too had foil and even plastic in their what was a poor effort of a dinner - well from a 4 star hotel, it looked like cheap slop. I felt embarrest watching my husband see this as this was a gift night. My husband who is vegetarian got a dish of what was supposed to be risotto, never having this before he did not know what to expect. It was riddiculous, after him pickingout hard rice fom his teeth he had no idea the rice was supposed to be soft. Im offended that the Bridgewood thought they coul dserve this to a human.
The way management thought they coul dsort the issue was change the plate with foil....uh yeah thats the least you could do and give me and my hubby a free drink. THey also left under my room door vouchers for £10.00 off next visit. I complained in the morning and they did nothing else but say sorry. To top it all the room was freezing and the bed uncomfortable so bad that my husband travelled back home in the middle of the night as he needed a good night sleep. Stillthe management at the Bridgewood, felt there was nothing else they could do.

Having said all that the staff were never rude - i know you expect them to be polite as they are within hospitality but you never know!!! I have booked another night for a friend who i know is not too picky as the commedy is worth it.

I hope that the htel see that i have 2 more visits booked & a couple of spar treatments & maybe are courtious to offer me a free treatment on a different day along with a part refund. I have been prepared to give them another go, so i think i deserve some money back or money off. Oh yes when the commedian asked the audiance did they like the food everyone shouted back a resounding NO, i did not think he expected that .

• Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple
simonbarker, General Manager at Bridgewood Manor - QHotels, responded to this review, 8 March 2011
Dear awayfromhome1970 - What a great shame that we have been viewed in this light. I assure you my team would have done everything to atone for any mishaps during your stay had you discussed it with us at the time. Your review leaves me very little room to defend myself but I can assure you that your next stay with us will be remembered for all the right reasons. We look forward to welcoming you and your friend shortly.
Ashford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 March 2011

I did read some other reviews before deciding to stay at Bridgewood Manor and I will be honest it seemed a lot of people were not impressed which almost made me change me mind about staying. I am so glad I took the risk.Bridgewood Manor has the most helpful of staff pleasant, smiling and very welcoming.The room I had was very very clean and it was clear the housemaids took great pride in doing their job.They were also very pleasant too. The food was outstanding and pleanty of it, brekfast had a good variety of foodstuffs if you don't find anything you like there them I think you are looking for something that doesn't exist!!! Lighter bites were good too with the chips in the bar snacks always fresh and piping hot. I did use the spa and although as somone else reviewed it looks dated it did but it was clean,the statff were helpful and to have the opportunity to briefly unwind with a steam room a swim and sauna after a long day of training was very welcome.
I really enjoyed my stay thankyou.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled on business
Dear gOdess52 - Thank you for your very honest review and I am delighted that we gave you a stay to remember. All that you have written embodies all that we pride ourselves on at Bridgewood, our team are, as I continually write, our greatest asset. Thank you again and I hope that we see you again very shortly.
Reviewed 1 March 2011

one of the best hotels we have stayed in.Staff were so fast when you wanted something and nothing was to much trouble,Food was superb,

• Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple
Dear Sallyd7 - Thank you for your very punchy review. I am delighted with your opening remark and look forward to welcoming you back to Bridgewood in the very near future.
Reviewed 22 February 2011

Although clashed with major wedding reception we would not have known.
Professionally and sympathetically organised by W endy and overseen by Tracey on the night. Went like clockwork from 18.30 til 01.00. Nice photo opportunities in main area by fireplace.
The Suite was ideal for 50-60 people and the service excellent. Stayed in Junior Suite for five hours but worth it!
Buffet breakfast very good. Hope we're back next year. Ken SE London

• Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple
simonbarker, General Manager at Bridgewood Manor - QHotels, responded to this review, 28 February 2011
Dear kennywenny90 - What a fantastic review! I hope that you come back next year too! I am incredibly proud of my team and full of admiration for the fact that they deliver day after day. Thank you again Kennywenny90 for telling the world about how great the team at Bridgewood Manor are. See you soon.
Gravesend
Reviewed 19 February 2011

After a disastrous stay at another Qhotel, we were offered compensation by means of a complimentary night’s accommodation at the hotel, as it was too far to travel for one evening we opted to stay at the Bridgewood Manor hotel in Chatham. From the outset we found our stay at the hotel to be very enjoyable. At check in we were greeted by Samuel who made us feel very welcome - directing us to our room, asking if we needed help with luggage etc. booking a table for dinner, giving us the log in details for the 2hrs free wifi. The room was very clean and well equipped with a view over the tennis court. As it turned out the bed was very comfortable and although being close to a major road junction surprisingly quiet. We went to the bar for a pot of tea - which was served by a very courteous waiter (did not get his name and he also served at dinner). The dinner menu was very varied but we both opted for the Table de Hote (which was included). The food was very good, well presented and of good flavour with more than adequate portions with excellent service. I had mentioned to the Restaurant manager that it was my birthday - and my desert was served on a plate inscribed with “Happy Birthday”, a very simple touch but much appreciated. Breakfast again was good with a full variety of cereal; fruit and full cooked breakfast. My only moan were that there were no hot plates. Overall our stay at the Bridgewood Manor was excellent with very hard working and courteous staff and we would definitely return - even the Sunday lunch carvery sounded tempting.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple
Dear deeham - Thank you for your gracious review and for taking such trouble to individually name members of our team who stood out for you whilst you stayed with us. I shall ensure that Sam, our receptionist and our bar team on duty when you arrived know that you were complimentary of their skills. Our team are our greatest asset and many reveiwers are quick to praise them for their superb skills and attention to detail. Thank you again and I look forward to wlecoming you back to Bridgewood in the very near future - hopefully for Sunday lunch!
Orpington
Reviewed 13 February 2011

We went to Bridgewood Manor for the special Valentines Ball, staying Friday 11th and Saturday 12th of February. Whilst the hotel was very clean the rooms were very dated, the duvet was very lumpy and very hard pillows, also the Spa facilities could be better. Friday night we dined in the Squires Restaurant at 7.30pm, we did not leave here until 10.45pm! We think we were forgotton about between courses and had to keep reminding the staff we were there! The vegetables were undercooked but otherwise very nice.
Saturday we attended the Valentines Ball which I actually regret doing, I understood it to be a romantic night but it was like a "club" atmosphere, Maybe it was just me being picky! It was also a shame you did not have a choice of food on the menu, the main course was massive to say the least!
We were also very dissapointed that on the day of departure there was a problem with the boilers so the whole hotel was without any hot water, we ended up having a freezing cold shower in the room, then onto the Spa we had a freezing cold swim, and we ended up leaving there without having another cold shower! We were offered no compensation for this.
On the Saturday afternoon we asked the receptionist if she could get some more milk for our room, this did not happen, upon asking again she replied "god I havent got a clue whats happening!".
It was a shame as we stayed in this hotel about 10 years ago and it does seem to have gone downhill since then.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple
simonbarker, General Manager at Bridgewood Manor - QHotels, responded to this review, 15 February 2011
Dear Victoriahannabuss - Thank you for your review. I am sorry that on this very rare occassion we failed to deliver. I shall investigate your issues with dinner on Friday, but we had some excellent feedback about our Valentines Ball on Saturday. Unfortunately we had a boiler failure on Sunday morning which knocked out the hot water and the pool temperature - all of which have now been rectified. I am sorry that it spoilt your stay. Please let me know the next time that you are staying and I will personally ensure a far better experience. I look forward to welcoming you back to Bridgewood in the very near future.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Chatham
Ashford International Hotel
Holiday Inn Rochester-Chatham
Hempstead House Hotel and Spa
Tudor Park Marriott Hotel & Country Club
Rowhill Grange Hotel & Utopia Spa
Eastwell Manor
Eastwell Manor
#1 of 1 in Boughton Lees

Been to Bridgewood Manor - QHotels? Share your experiences!