“Very nice Holiday Inn”

Holiday Inn Rochester-Chatham
Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Chatham
Reviewed 7 April 2011

Stayed here on Business and was very impressed by the hotel. Very friendly check in. Room was very comfortable and clean. Didn't have chance to eat or drink in the hotel as I dined out on business.
Will stay here again next time I'm down here.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled on business
kcoombs, General Manager at Holiday Inn Rochester-Chatham, responded to this reviewResponded 13 April 2011

Thank you for your positive feedback. We look forward to welcoming you back the next time you are in the area.

There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Rochester-Chatham

Reviewed 16 March 2011

Just spent a couple of days here last week and all of this week, got to day great location and good facilities but everything else was not great. Staff were very slow and just not good at there job. Restaurant food average. Drinks normal holiday inn prices- expensive.
I am a platinum priority club member which shows I stay in Holiday inns a lot. This also entitles me to a upgrade to a executive room. I had to fight for it! Wasn't worth the trouble to be fair.
I arrived very late on Sunday night after my flight was delayed and it took me at least 20 minutes to check in by 2 staff, come on they can surely do better than that! They constantly missed my paper delivery in the mornings, room servicing was very hit and miss. I am supposed to work back down this way again soon I really don't want to come back to this hotel. Recommend you avoid ad there are plenty of others about.

• Stayed: March 2011
kcoombs, General Manager at Holiday Inn Rochester-Chatham, responded to this reviewResponded 22 March 2011

The hotel team were very disappointed to read of this guest's disappointing stay. I have reacted to the comments and have contacted the guest personally. I regret the poor impression this feedback has suggested and assure all our future guests of a comfortable and enjoyable stay.

Reviewed 13 March 2011

I stayed in the hotel on a Friday night and had to leave really early on Saturday 5:30 am.
The lady on reception arranged for a packed breakfast to be ready when I checked out. Which it was! The extra effort was much appreciated.

• Stayed: March 2011
Reviewed 11 March 2011

Stayed here a couple of times recently. After my first stay they asked if there was anything they could improve. I said nothing at first as my stay was fine but then mentioned a slight dissapointment that none of the beer was Kentish (hop fields abound near the hotel) On my next stay at the hotel I was greeted, on entering my room, by 2 bottles of Whitstable real ale!

Food in bar was fine, the hotel is on the Maidstone - Chatham - Gillingham bus route. I like the gymn, pool and sauna even if the pool was a funny shape!

Reviewed 28 February 2011

We stayed at the Holiday Inn on Thursday & Friday 24th & 25th February. We were very warmly welcomed by Reception and efficiently checked in. When we asked to book a table for Dinner we were told of a ‘Caribbean Evening’ which the Chef puts on the last Thursday of the Month and would have the choice of either the normal Restaurant Menu or the Caribbean Buffet. The Bedroom was clean, but had old well worn dark wood furniture and an ‘old fashioned’ TV, the Bathroom looked a bit dated too. No free Wi-Fi, which in many Hotels we stay in, is the norm now. We went to the Restaurant for Dinner, playing was a Steel Band which created the atmosphere. We were greeted by a friendly waitress who showed us the Caribbean Buffet, which looked fantastic. An included Cocktail started the evening. We tried most of the range of starters and main courses on offer, all were as good as they had looked. The range and quality of the desserts were probably as good as we have ever seen. Congratulations to the Chef, his staff and the Restaurant staff for putting on such a good Buffet, all for £20. Our only complaint would be the price of a glass of Wine, very expensive. After a comfortable night sleep, even with a somewhat noisy air-conditioning. My wife ventured into the Pool before Breakfast and was really impressed with the facilities, all spotlessly clean. The Breakfast Cold & Hot Buffet were all very good, plenty of variety of good quality food. We went to visit relatives returning at 10. 30pm, to find an over 30’s clubbing night in full swing. There were several Security Men on hand and Clubbers clearly enjoying themselves. The noise in the Bedroom from the music was minimal. After Breakfast we checked out, just as cheerfully as when we arrived. Overall a very pleasant stay, just a need to upgrade the Bedroom furniture, Bathroom and offer free Wi-Fi. We booked through ‘SuperBreaks’ £14 cheaper than the Holiday Inn Website, for 2 nights B & B with Dinner on the first night.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple
kcoombs, Manager at Holiday Inn Rochester-Chatham, responded to this reviewResponded 3 March 2011

Thank you for your kind comments. Our Caribbean Evening is proving very popular with our guests, as is our Bombay Buffet!

Reviewed 28 February 2011

I spent 3 nights here on business with little complaint apart from the lack of broadband. There is a cable and hub set-up in the room but I could not get this to work. Likewise they state that there is wireless available in the foyer but I could not pick up the signal and there was a lack of expertise from the desk staff who just shrugged their shoulders. I just figured it was not working and they did nothing to react to the problem. The roooms are pretty standard, not large but OK and a plus point for the full size bath. Breakfast was OK with fresh fruit available and a reasonable buffet with real sausages-not the cheap type you often get in hotels. There is a pool and although I don't indulge it looked OK. A reasonable hotel for business travellers- but take a dongle if you want internet!

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled on business
kcoombs, General Manager at Holiday Inn Rochester-Chatham, responded to this reviewResponded 3 March 2011

Thank you for your valuable feedback following your recent stay at this hotel. You will be delighted to learn that from April we will have a new internet provider and flat screen tvs in all hotel bedrooms. We are confident this upgrade will please all our future guests.

Reviewed 21 February 2011

I've stayed in enough Holiday Inns to know that it'll be unexeptional, but reasonably comfortable. Some rooms will be be better than others - some larger, some smaller; some quiet, some facing a busy road; the beds will be good. and the staff reasonably trained and efficient. So far ,so what you get here. This one also has a pool. Looked good, didn't use it - no time.

The only gripes, and they're big ones, are the extortionate cost of drinks in the bar and restaurant and the exceptionally high prices in the restaurant. If you're on a tight budget - or you like to eat or drink - it'll be stretched to breaking point. Like many hotels with few alternative bar/restaurant options nearby (the hotel is on a dual carriageway and not in the town) it ramps its mark up way through the roof. There is an ASDA just up the road though, if you prefer buying your drinks at reasonable cost. ASDA sandwiches are OK too, though lacking in glamour!

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled on business

Thank you for your valuable feedback regarding your recent stay. We are confident we offer competitive bar pricing compared with other hotels in the area.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Chatham
Bridgewood Manor - QHotels
#5 of 17 in Maidstone
Hilton Maidstone
Hilton Maidstone
#9 of 17 in Maidstone

Been to Holiday Inn Rochester-Chatham? Share your experiences!