“Had stayed previously still as bad as ever.”

Holiday Inn Rochester-Chatham
Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Chatham
Newport Pagnell, United Kingdom
“Had stayed previously still as bad as ever.”
Reviewed 3 October 2011

Stayed at the this hotel to attend a school re-union day on 17th September 2011. Check in was very bad. I was told by the receptionist that she had problem with the computer. She than asked her colleague. She then went to the reception office, without saying a word to me and never returned. I was left standing at the reception desk waiting until another member of staff came our from behind. This was over 5 minutes, by which time there is a queue at reception.
I forgot my code for the in room safe. Went out to dinner, came back and informed reception. The receptionist did not say a word to me and disappeared. Again left hanging at reception. She came back and informed me that someone will be up to unlock the safe.
The house keeper came to the room and did not knock but just let herself in.
This is the worst Holiday Inn I have ever stayed in, being a Priority Club Member. The last time I complained a got a really condescending reply from the manager.

Room Tip: I stayed at an Executive Room. Not worth the extra, if I had to pay for it.
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank galim29
kcoombs, General Manager at Holiday Inn Rochester-Chatham, responded to this review, 13 October 2011
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on your recent stay with us. I am sorry to learn that you experienced issues with reception during your stay, please be assured that remedial action has been taken to ensure these issues are not repeated. I do hope that we have the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel in the future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (169)
Crawley, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 October 2011

friendly helpfull staff and a lovely room with views over looking the airfield at rochester . the hotel also has a pool and gym

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with friends
Thank you very much for your feedback with regards to your stay. I am glad to you had a pleasent stay and I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future.
Chichester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 September 2011

Do not attempt to eat here, you will regret it. 2hr wait for half frozen rubbish, the best part of £20 for a burger?

• Stayed September 2011
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. I am sorry to learn that your food did not meet our usual high standards, I have passed your comments on to our Head Chef to make sure that this lapse of standards is not repeated. I do hope you will visit us again

Travellers are raving about these Chatham hotels

grimsby
Reviewed 25 September 2011

Rooms, decent size, typical functional, choice of pillows. Tea making facilities, but no biscuits.
Beds comfortable, cleanliness exeptional. Bath with shower over, could be difficult for elderly guests.
Bar, lounge comfortable, but service slow. Spa/pool/gym available, looks nice.
Restaurant, at breakfast exceptional choice, every conceivable variation, and food good and hot, service was good
However, eat there in the evening, Ambiance of a canteen, noisy to the extreme.
Food was variable, some hot some not so, the service was poor, and the waiter in charge was surly, refusing to serve wine at the table. Having to queue with 20 odd other people at the bar, being unable to peruse the wine list (which was expensive) at leisure, does not bode well for a relaxed evening meal.
These deficiencies turned what could be an exceptional place to stay overnight into an average budget stopover.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with friends
kcoombs, General Manager at Holiday Inn Rochester-Chatham, responded to this review, 28 September 2011
Thank you for taking the time to write your feedback about your recent stay. I am pleased to hear that you had a comfortable stay generally and that you enjoyed breakfast in the hotel. I am sorry to hear that you experienced some issues with the restaurant and bar service during the evening, I will certainly pass your comments back to the staff and look at ways of improving our service for the future. I do hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.
Sheffield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 September 2011

I stayed here bank holiday Saturday for a nearby family party. I got an excellent room rate including breakfast so didn't have very high expectations of the hotel but I was very pleasantly surprised.
My ground floor room was very clean and well presented although a long walk from reception and I didn't realise until woken by noisy wedding party revellers that I was on the edge of the function area.

I didn't use the pool but it looked very clean

Breakfast was plentiful and tasty with lots of choice. All in all a real bargain of a stay - thank you!

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
kcoombs, General Manager at Holiday Inn Rochester-Chatham, responded to this review, 7 September 2011
Thank you for your recent review of the hotel following your stay with us, I am pleased to hear that you had an enjoyable stay. I am sorry to hear that some guests attending an event in the hotel were noisy on this occasion, I do hope that it did not disturb you too much. I am glad that you had an enjoyable breakfast and I will certain be passing your comments back to the chef. I do hope that we will have the opporunity to welcome you back to the hotel in the not too distant future.
Manchester, Scotland
Reviewed 4 September 2011

Stayed here for 1 night, check in was quick and efficient despite being busy. Room was modern and what I expected from this type of hotel . Booked a couple of months in advance and got a good rate with breakfast. Breakfast was buffet, plenty of it, counter well stocked and tidy and a good start for the following journey home.

Only downside was if there is a function on it can be a little noisy until around 11pm (as was during my stay on a Saturday)

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
Thank you very much for your kind review following your recent stay with us. I am pleased to hear that you had a good stay with us, despite a few noisy guests in the hotel attending an event, I hope it did not disturb your stay too much. I am glad that you enjoyed your breakfast too. I certainly hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.
kent
Reviewed 1 September 2011

We staye dhere for a meal and a night out on my sisters b'day. The rooms aren't that big but they are well decorated and very quiet. The leisure club and pool are very calm. The evening meal in the restaurant is very nice and quite posh. The berakfast though is to die for with a very vast array anbd people at your service all the time!

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
Thank you very much for taking the time write your review with regards to your recent stay with us. I am delighted to hear that you had an enjoyable stay for your sisters birthday. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed both your dinner and breakfast, and I will certain pass your kind comments on to all my staff. I do hope that we have the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Chatham
Bridgewood Manor - QHotels
#3 of 6 in Chatham
Ship & Trades
Ship & Trades
#5 of 6 in Chatham

Been to Holiday Inn Rochester-Chatham? Share your experiences!