We stayed here for 5 nights (Friday to Wednesday) combining my Husbands Business (he had several meetings in Kent) and My 7 Year Old Son's half-term break.
I thought this hotel was fantastic. The Staff, ALL of the Staff were really lovely - I did go to Reception many times throughout our trip, and each time I was helped instantly and friendly and made very welcome.
I fully recommend this hotel.
I have just read Paul Wood's essay - and feel quite obliged to write my own now.
My son has been diagnosed with ASD Aspergers - its a member of the Autism Family - and every new thing can provide difficulty and stress to his routine. We have had problems even with him staying at Disneyland Paris hotels - and they cater for 100% for children.
Our 7 Year Old LOVED The Holiday Inn from the moment he arrived at Reception, the staff were so friendly towards him. He had a sofa bed which was made up especially for him complete with a colouring kit and box of Cars 2 Chocolate waiting for him - which he loved - he was so happy! He loved his special bed. He felt safe and secure and happy at this hotel. This in turn made our stay very happy. He had his own key to the room - provided by Reception - of course he did not use it - but he had "his" which made him feel secure and safe (an ASD thing). There was an empty mini-bar - this was fantastic! as there is an ASDA 1 mile away. This meant I could fill the Fridge with all his favourite foods and drinks and not have food issues to face either. We were there 5 nights. They were lovely pleasant 5 nights. The Hotel Pool and Spa was my son's idea of heaven. He went swimming twice a day with his dad - and I enjoyed the spa, hot tub and sauna.
The other added highlight to his trip was the light aircraft airport next door. This was NOT a loud distraction, this was a very helpful and extra bonus attraction - he loved watching the helicopters take off and land. He is 7! :-)
If you read these reviews and you have children, especially ASD children they should enjoy their stay here
Any parent with an ASD child will understand that staying away from home is a nightmare, but you need to do it! - and if you need to stay somewhere, stay here!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to The Holiday Inn Rochester-Chatham hotel. This modern, well equipped hotel contains fully air-conditioned bedrooms all with high speed internet access. With our mix of Double, Twin & Family Rooms (Kids Stay & Eat Free) and fuly equipped Spirit Health & Fitness Centre with Pool, the hotel is the ideal location for both business & leisure travellers.The Holiday Inn Rochester-Chatham hotel is ideally located for key attractions including Leeds Castle, Historic Dockyard Chatham, Rochester Cathedral, Dickens World & Brands Hatch Race Circuit. Access to the Holiday Inn Rochester-Chatham hotel is easy via both the M2 & M20, or by train to Rochester station, making the hotel a central base for touring Kent or a convenient stop-off en-route to Folkestone and Dover.For Conference & Events, the hotel has fantastic facilities for all types of Meetings, Functions & Ceremonies within the Academy Conference Centre. Click here for more info. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, IHG and Odigeo so you can book your Holiday Inn Rochester-Chatham reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Rochester-Chatham Hotel Chatham
- Holiday Inn Chatham
- Chatham Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Rochester-Chatham Kent