The first thing that strikes you is the steps down to reception and the drab staff uniform.
Reception staff are blase. Rooms are fine except there seems to be a lot of cost cutting going on, mean amounts of tea and coffee making items and bathroom toiletries. Bath foam is also shower gel according to room cleaning staff.
Dining room is reminiscent of a works canteen and well air conditioned making it cold to sit and eat, no doubt for staff benefit and them having to wear those heavy drab uniforms. Breakfast was standard fare with not much extra choice in the fruit / cereals section. Layout was uninviting.
We stayed for three nights and had to point out to the duty manager on the last morning the debris under one of the servery counters which could be seen from the dining side and had been there since we arrived. There was also spillage on the cool counter cover which had not been wiped up, also since we arrived and again pointed out.
The only redeeming aspect of our visit was the academy centre managed by Peter.
He very kindly provided us with a private room for a meeting along with copying facilities.
The fact that you have to pay exorbitant rates for WiFi access is this day and age says how far behind this hotel group is.
They must rely on business travelers charging to their company accounts in order to get away with these rates. £5/hour, £28/day.
Would return as a last resort
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to The Holiday Inn Rochester-Chatham hotel. This modern, well equipped hotel contains fully air-conditioned bedrooms all with high speed internet access. With our mix of Double, Twin & Family Rooms (Kids Stay & Eat Free) and fuly equipped Spirit Health & Fitness Centre with Pool, the hotel is the ideal location for both business & leisure travellers.The Holiday Inn Rochester-Chatham hotel is ideally located for key attractions including Leeds Castle, Historic Dockyard Chatham, Rochester Cathedral, Dickens World & Brands Hatch Race Circuit. Access to the Holiday Inn Rochester-Chatham hotel is easy via both the M2 & M20, or by train to Rochester station, making the hotel a central base for touring Kent or a convenient stop-off en-route to Folkestone and Dover.For Conference & Events, the hotel has fantastic facilities for all types of Meetings, Functions & Ceremonies within the Academy Conference Centre. Click here for more info. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, IHG, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn Rochester-Chatham reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Rochester-Chatham Hotel Chatham
- Holiday Inn Chatham
- Chatham Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Rochester-Chatham Kent