“good clean and great staff”

Holiday Inn Rochester-Chatham
Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Chatham
Reviewed 30 September 2013

I had stopped at this hotel a while ago but was not overly impressed with the service and attention to detail of the staff but I have been back following some good feedback from colleagues and I must say that things have turned around. The young receptionist that was work when I arrived (blonde lady - pregnant) could not have been more helpful and the bar and waiting staff were also very attentive - well done in turning it around

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
Chris R, General Manager at Holiday Inn Rochester-Chatham, responded to this reviewResponded 2 October 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel and I am very pleased that you had an enjoyable stay on this occasion. I will ensure that your positive feedback is passed on to the staff and we look forward to welcoming you back into the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 26 September 2013

This place is exactly what you expect of a Holiday Inn - Good sized rooms, clean and well provided. Everything working and great value for money. Take the 'with breakfast' option you will be surprised at the choice on offer.

Room Tip: Some of the rooms can be quite a trek from reception so maybe ask for a low number if the walk will...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Tom O
Chris R, General Manager at Holiday Inn Rochester-Chatham, responded to this reviewResponded 30 September 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel. I'm glad we lived up to your expectations and you found us great value for money. The choice on offer for our Great British Breakfast is extensive and I am glad you enjoyed this. We will always try and accommodate specific requests for rooms close to reception where possible.

Reviewed 25 September 2013

Having stayed here twice on business trips I would rate this hotel as just average. Booking via their website is special to say the least although I understand not something this specific hotel can help with, the phone service much easier. Check in is good and the front desk staff efficient and helpful. Rooms as just average. Clean and with fair plug points, bad wifi reception and problem on both my trips was water pressure. Air conditioning is in the rooms and the noise levels are very quiet. Pillows and beds not the most comfortable but there is a fridge in the room (albeit not very cold). Food is actually quite nice (I ordered room service both times and had an omlette and then the sausage and mash) good service, fast and good food. The breakfast is good as well with fresh cooked breakfast and a good choice of alternatives. The gym is tiny but functional, the pool looked a reasonable size for a hotel pool.

Having just stayed down the road (due to this hotel being booked up) at the Qhotel I would definitely recommend this hotel over that one, on price, food and room quality. I will stay here again on my next visit to Rochester.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank simmo2013
Chris R, General Manager at Holiday Inn Rochester-Chatham, responded to this reviewResponded 26 September 2013

Dear Simmo 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel. I am extremely sorry that you had poor wifi reception and problems with the water pressure on your visits. Please contact us at the hotel directly so that we can look into this further. It was great to hear that you enjoyed the food, and our Great British Breakfast which we pride ourselves on.
I'm glad that you would recommend us as a hotel and I hope that you will consider staying with us again.

Reviewed 16 September 2013

We have always found Holiday Inn's a certain standard. No complaints clean friendly etc lacking in character but serving a purpose. you know what you are going to get . a bit of a trek from the executive rooms to reception.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank hurricaneSam
Chris R, General Manager at Holiday Inn Rochester-Chatham, responded to this reviewResponded 19 September 2013

Thank you for your review. It was good to hear you had no complaints with your stay. I'm sorry you found it a trek to get from reception to the executive rooms.

Reviewed 15 September 2013

This Holiday Inn was in an ideal location for us. We stayed over a busy weekend and found it difficult to park as the spaces are too narrow for the wide cars people drive these days. There were a few empty spaces, but too tight for a normal car to fit in.
Our room was clean and comfortable, but with only enough towels and products for one person and there were two of us. Shouldn't housekeeping check how many guests are coming in when they are preparing the room?
I won't go into too much detail about the shambolic restaurant, as on both nights we were not charged for our meal because of it. However, I will say that I would so much rather just go into a restaurant, order a meal, have good food and pay for it. The stress of having to keep catching the waiter's eye, having to ask for things that one shouldn't have to ask for and having to complain is so wearing, when all one wants is a nice evening out. And it is of no interest to me if the delays and poor service and lukewarm food is because of a wedding party. Either don't take the bookings or get more staff in.
Breakfast on the Sunday morning was equally shambolic. The glasses for the orange juice were dirty, there were no plates by the pancake machine so the cooked pancakes were landing on the table, the eggs were hard and it took us three bottles of ketchup to find one with any in.
An ideal location and we are often in Kent, but should we go back?

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Chris R, General Manager at Holiday Inn Rochester-Chatham, responded to this reviewResponded 16 September 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel. I am sincerely sorry for the extremely poor service that you experienced in the restaurant over a busy weekend.
Attention to detail is a priority for us and I am sorry that on this occasion it did not seem to be. It is only with both positive and negative feedback that we can strive to improve the service that we offer to our guests and I do hope that you will choose to use us again so we can show you what our service is really like.

Reviewed 14 September 2013

I've stayed at a few Holiday Inn's over the years and you grow to expect a certain standard. Suffice to say that it didn't disapoint. A fairly efficient check in, although as the hotel was close to the main road I was expecting there to be a fair bit of road noise as my room ended up facing the main road. Surprisingly, with the sliding window blinds, it was quite quiet.

Upon searching for restaurants nearby, we discovered two places, all within walking distance. "The Taste of India" and "Tiger Moth". Upon discovering them, it was quickly established that the curry house and a couple of other eateries were actually TakeAway's. Not what we were looking for! The Tiger Moth looked like a very quiet pub. So we decided to go back to the restaurant at Holiday Inn.

The Bombay Buffet seemed to be the most appropriate, aka as much as you can eat. All seemed very good value. Friendly and efficient service staff.

The Holiday Inn - it does what it says on the tin. Would stay there again.

Thx

Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business

I'm glad as a Holiday Inn Hotel that we lived up to your expectations. Our Bombay Banquet is very popular and very good value and I am pleased you enjoyed it. We look forward to welcoming you back when you are next in the area.

Reviewed 13 September 2013

Plenty of parking and easy to find. Greeted on arrival and booking in was very efficient. Room a good size and very comfortable apart from a cracked basin (now reported). Noise from the road a little disturbing unless the windows were shut which made the room a little stuffy. Great breakfast - plenty to choose from and nicely cooked. Also had evening meal as the package was good value. Good meals - a little service at times (not the waiting staff but the kitchen) made up for by the quality of the meal.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the road. The airport is the other side but no problem as rarely used and n...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank musicmanhampshire

It was good to hear how you had such a great stay. I'm glad you enjoyed our Great British Breakfast which is one of the things we pride ourselves on as a company.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Chatham
Bridgewood Manor - QHotels
#5 of 17 in Maidstone
The Inn on the Lake
The Inn on the Lake
#1 of 1 in Shorne

Been to Holiday Inn Rochester-Chatham? Share your experiences!