“reward night stay”

Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Chatham
Reading, United Kingdom
“reward night stay”
Reviewed 13 January 2014

I decided to use some reward points to stay at this hotel. I booked a standard room for 15000 points. The receptionist was extremely helpful and polite, especially when we had an issue with our room. It was apparently cleaned according to their computer, but it had not been touched since the previous guest! we got upgraded to an executive suite for free.
It was a bit of a trek to get there, but it was very quiet in the room!!
Ate in the bar, and had burger and chips. Thought the food was over priced for what we received.
made use of the pool, which was good. It is part of the leisure club, and when we came to have a swim in the morning, it was full of the older generation so gave it a miss. The pool was not very busy for an evening swim though.
would happily stay here again, though would eat elsewhere. The staff were fantastic

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Chris R, General Manager at Holiday Inn Rochester-Chatham, responded to this review, 15 January 2014
Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay with us. I do apologise that you were sent to the wrong room on arrival, however I am glad we were able to offer you an upgrade to compensate for this inconvenience. I am pleased to hear you were able to make use of the facilities that we have to offer and that the staff on hand made your staff enjoyable. I do hope that we have the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (171)
Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 January 2014

We went to spend time with family but decided to stay in a hotel rather than crowd sister in-laws place. It was a very wise decision. We had an awesome time in the hotel.

Booking: upon booking the room I called the hotel to ensure we got a family room. The lady who took the call went out of her way to sort the room out, baby's court and also said she would ensure the kids beds were all ready. Everything she said awaited us. Perfect

Arrival: car park available. check-in was a breeze. Room was perfect. We also got an iron for the duration of our stay.

Breakfast: clean area, nice fresh food, loads of variety. Free fruits for all. also they had more than enough staff on ground to help resolve any issues. Or if you wanted an omellet which wasn't served they got one for you fast.

Pool/SPA etc: very clean. Nice staff. Towels so you don't have to take your room towels. Pool is for family fun so no diving please (lol). Steam room better than steam train, sauna clean and hot.

Checkout: Easy but sad process as you are leaving one of the best hotels. You just want to saty longer.

This place is ideal for those going to KICC centre. We went for Christmas service there and was just 5-7 minutes drive. Shops and local amenities within 5mins walk.

the staff are excellent (reception staff & the room attendants). You will not believe you are in the UK as the 'sad' UK customer service experience is none existent here. UK staff with loving attitude: had to come by.

Room Tip: Our room was 51: far away from the entrance or walking past crowd. No single noise.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Chris R, General Manager at Holiday Inn Rochester-Chatham, responded to this review, 7 January 2014
Thank you for taking your time to post your review on your recent stay with us, I am very pleased to learn that you had a truly wonderful stay with us over the festive period. I am very pleased to hear that the staff that you encountered during your stay were excellent helped make the stay memorable and that the facilities met your requirements. I do hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you and your family back to the hotel in the future.
Chris Ross, General Manager
Nottingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 January 2014 via mobile

I booked this hotel as a present for a friend and his family.i made reservations and paid through priority club rewards
I was assured that they wont be asked to pay since i explained it is a christmas present.on dec28,2014 i recieved a text from my friend that they were asked to pay up or be transferred to a farther hotel wherein they have to pay the taxi and hotel themselves at almost 10pm.i phoned the bank and the reservations and couldnt explain why my card has been declined.priority club reservations suggested that i ring the hotel since its the hotel who wil be charging it to my card.i spoke to clare the duty night manager (who refused to give her full name,stating shes protecting her privacy).she also couldnt explain why it has been declined.she explains that my friend will be charged 50*/* of the total bill,considering that it should have been a present from me.all the confusion,with people not knowing why and what to do has caused me and my friend so much stress that night,what should have been a relaxing night cap turned out badly.And after a bit of trekking to their room on the third floor,they managed a few hours of sleep.

Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
Thank you very much for your comments; I would very much like to investigate your issues further so that I can offer you a full explanation of the events that have happened. I would like to invite you to contact me direct christopher.ross@ihg.com so I can look into this further. I look forward to hearing from you at your convenience.

Travellers are raving about these Chatham hotels

Croydon, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 December 2013

Stayed here as my company Xmas party was being held here the rooms and bed are good as usual for a holiday inn but room a long walk from reception. The xmas party was very good with nice food and good service but not enough bar staff had to queue a long time at the bar for drinks and the prices were on the high side. Also breakfast very busy in the morning had to wait for my tea but breakfast food ok with a good choice nice hotel but you cant go wrong with a holiday Inn. Only moan is that drinks are on the high side and service in bar very slow

Room Tip: get a room nearer reception
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank beechy2603
Thank you for your recent review of your Christmas party night and over night stay with us. I am pleased that you had an enjoyable evening, thank you for your feedback with regards to the bar service, this will be something we will be reviewing for this years party nights, I do apologise for the delay you experienced. I am pleased to hear that you had an enjoyable breakfast in the morning. I do hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back for a Christmas party night for 2014 and that you will come and stay with us again
Oldham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 December 2013

As others have commented, it was a bit of a trek from reception to the room but this wasn't much of an issue. The room itself was as you'd expect, comfy and clean. The breakfast was of a good standard, although the toaster was painfully slow (something that seems to afflict all hotels) even when fired up to the maximum. The bar area was pleasant, although we were kept waiting a long time and found £5 for a single brandy to be somewhat eyewateringly high. Good location not too far out of town, and there was little noise from the neighbouring airfield either.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Rochester-Chatham, responded to this review, 31 December 2013
Dear discobadgers,

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review regarding your recent stay. It is nice to know that the breakfast served sufficed your needs and the room you were given was comfortable.

I hope we get the chance of hosting you again in the future should your travels bring you back to the area.

Regards,

Pam G
Case Manager
IHGCare
Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 December 2013

One of the comfiest Hotel beds I have experienced which is a real bonus. The rooms are a good size and well appointed. The only issue I had was with the towels sparse in supply and really not a generous size. It was also a long walk to the room. Had I realised that before we checked in I would have asked for one nearer the lift/reception.

Although we didn't use the pool you could see it as you arrived and it looked fine.

We stayed here to attend a family party in Rochester and when we returned we would have enjoyed a nightcap but the bar was closed and although we looked we couldn't see any staff to ask if there was service available. Whilst this was not a big problem for us, it might have been an issue had we needed assistance for anything of importance.

We had breakfast and liked the restaurant. But a word of caution, don't leave breakfast until late. We came down fairly late and were disappointed to find that there was not a full range of breakfast choices on the buffet, and what was there looked like it had been for quite a while. Although I must say that when we asked for some eggs, to be fair the chef did cook some fresh food for us and what was served was tasty and of good quality but ........... there was also only a limited choice from the breads and pastries with some empty baskets. I would say that if you should have all the breakfast choices available for the whole time it is served and it should be kept to look fresh. I shouldn't have to wait to draw someone's notice to the fact that there were several basic items missing from the hot table. To be fair this happens a lot in other hotels too but shouldn't. We also had to draw the servers attention to get refills of drinks - staff were more interested in relaying tables. On the plus side the pancake machine was real hit. Best pancakes ever our companions decreed and our teenager wants one for Christmas!
Would definitely recommend and we would stay there again but would advise an earlish breakfast if you want it to have choice and freshness,

Room Tip: Ask for a room near a lift or the Reception area there are long walks to some rooms
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank intrepidtravellerx2
Chris R, General Manager at Holiday Inn Rochester-Chatham, responded to this review, 11 December 2013
Thank you for taking your time to review your recent stay with us, I am very pleased to hear that you had a comfortable stay with us. I am very sorry to learn to there was not anyone on hand to be of assistance with regards to bar service on your return to the hotel, the night staff should have been available for assistance and service and for this I do apologise. I appreciate your feedback with regards to the breakfast service, and I have fed your comments back the Head Chef to review his breakfast standards, however, I am pleased to hear that the pancake machine was a hit and I hope that your teenager gets their wish for Christmas! I am glad to hear that you would stay here again and we look forward to welcoming you back
Clitheroe, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 December 2013

I stayed at this hotel recently with my partner as we were having to attend a funeral in the local area. We had considered another local hotel however found the Holiday Inn to be more cost effective.

The check-in process was smooth, friendly and quick; whilst I was very impressed with our room my partner felt it was quite small and darkly decorated - particularly in comparison to the room her brother had been allocated which was a lot brighter. In this respect, it might be worth booking a room with a sofa even if you don't need it as it is no extra cost and seems to give you a larger room.

We spent very little time in the room however we we comfortable throughout. The bathroom was an average size however was not the cleanest, the bath in particular seemed a bit grimey. The breakfast was absolutely excellent, very fresh with lots of choice from cereals, cheese, cold meats, cooked food to pancakes to order. Plenty of coffee and fruit juices also.

Whilst it was a good stay for the money we spent, I might consider another option in the local area to see if we could do any better.

Room Tip: Even if you don't need it, requesting a room with a sofa may get you a larger room with brighter...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank DanDeerskin
Thank you for your recent review of your stay with us, I am sorry to hear that is was in sad circumstances. Thank you for your feedback with regards to your room, I take this feedback on board, as we continue our ongoing maintenance of our bedrooms. I will also feedback to the Housekeeping Manager with regards to the bathroom as this is clearly not acceptable standards and for this I apologise. I am pleased to hear that you found the breakfast fresh and plentiful. I do hope that you will consider us again when returning to the area
Also consider these accommodations in or near Chatham
Bridgewood Manor - QHotels
#8 of 15 in Maidstone
Ship & Trades
Ship & Trades
#5 of 6 in Chatham

Been to Holiday Inn Rochester-Chatham? Share your experiences!