“Room with a walk!”

Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Chatham
Duns, United Kingdom
“Room with a walk!”
Reviewed 13 January 2014 via mobile

Word of advice, stayed in room 243, my god it's a long walk, there's only 245 rooms in the whole hotel! And it's all on one level. When u leave ur room make sure you have everything with you, or kiss goodbye to 15 mins of ur life!
But on a plus side, rooms clean and tidy, pool available and gym. Bar expensive and u need a credit card to secure a drink.

Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Chris R, General Manager at Holiday Inn Rochester-Chatham, responded to this review, 15 January 2014
Thank you for taking your time to review your stay with us. We have 149 bedrooms in the hotel and they are spread over three floors, ground, first and second. I do appreciate that some rooms can take a little longer to access due to their location in the building. I am glad that you found the facilities clean and to your satisfaction and I do hope that you will come and visit us again soon, you can request a room closer to reception and we will do our best to accommodate your requirements.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (169)
Northampton. UK
Reviewed 13 January 2014

Booking direct on line at Holiday Inn, I was able to get dinner, bed and breakfast here for just £72 for two.
For that small sum we got a spotlessly clean room with a decent sized bathroom. With a comfy bed and no distrbance to a good nights sleep. We also got to use the on-site leisure facilities and enjoyed a swim and soak in the hot tub.
Dinner was tasty, but very slow. Especially so as there were just nine others eating with us at around 7pm. Things however were not helped by a drunken guest causing trouble in the nearby reception area. At times three (female) members of staff were attempting to deal with him, incuding the chef!
He was I am sure an exception.
With a son living nearby for twelve months, we will likely be back.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Thank SteveNorthampton.UK
Thank you for your feedback with regards to your recent stay with us, I am pleased to hear that you had a pleasant stay and that you had a comfortable night sleep. I do apologise that one guest did disturb your enjoyment through dinner, however, as you say it was an exception and has now been dealt with. We look forward to welcoming you back over the coming months
Reading, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 January 2014

I decided to use some reward points to stay at this hotel. I booked a standard room for 15000 points. The receptionist was extremely helpful and polite, especially when we had an issue with our room. It was apparently cleaned according to their computer, but it had not been touched since the previous guest! we got upgraded to an executive suite for free.
It was a bit of a trek to get there, but it was very quiet in the room!!
Ate in the bar, and had burger and chips. Thought the food was over priced for what we received.
made use of the pool, which was good. It is part of the leisure club, and when we came to have a swim in the morning, it was full of the older generation so gave it a miss. The pool was not very busy for an evening swim though.
would happily stay here again, though would eat elsewhere. The staff were fantastic

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay with us. I do apologise that you were sent to the wrong room on arrival, however I am glad we were able to offer you an upgrade to compensate for this inconvenience. I am pleased to hear you were able to make use of the facilities that we have to offer and that the staff on hand made your staff enjoyable. I do hope that we have the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future
Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 January 2014

We went to spend time with family but decided to stay in a hotel rather than crowd sister in-laws place. It was a very wise decision. We had an awesome time in the hotel.

Booking: upon booking the room I called the hotel to ensure we got a family room. The lady who took the call went out of her way to sort the room out, baby's court and also said she would ensure the kids beds were all ready. Everything she said awaited us. Perfect

Arrival: car park available. check-in was a breeze. Room was perfect. We also got an iron for the duration of our stay.

Breakfast: clean area, nice fresh food, loads of variety. Free fruits for all. also they had more than enough staff on ground to help resolve any issues. Or if you wanted an omellet which wasn't served they got one for you fast.

Pool/SPA etc: very clean. Nice staff. Towels so you don't have to take your room towels. Pool is for family fun so no diving please (lol). Steam room better than steam train, sauna clean and hot.

Checkout: Easy but sad process as you are leaving one of the best hotels. You just want to saty longer.

This place is ideal for those going to KICC centre. We went for Christmas service there and was just 5-7 minutes drive. Shops and local amenities within 5mins walk.

the staff are excellent (reception staff & the room attendants). You will not believe you are in the UK as the 'sad' UK customer service experience is none existent here. UK staff with loving attitude: had to come by.

Room Tip: Our room was 51: far away from the entrance or walking past crowd. No single noise.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Chris R, General Manager at Holiday Inn Rochester-Chatham, responded to this review, 7 January 2014
Thank you for taking your time to post your review on your recent stay with us, I am very pleased to learn that you had a truly wonderful stay with us over the festive period. I am very pleased to hear that the staff that you encountered during your stay were excellent helped make the stay memorable and that the facilities met your requirements. I do hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you and your family back to the hotel in the future.
Chris Ross, General Manager
Nottingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 January 2014 via mobile

I booked this hotel as a present for a friend and his family.i made reservations and paid through priority club rewards
I was assured that they wont be asked to pay since i explained it is a christmas present.on dec28,2014 i recieved a text from my friend that they were asked to pay up or be transferred to a farther hotel wherein they have to pay the taxi and hotel themselves at almost 10pm.i phoned the bank and the reservations and couldnt explain why my card has been declined.priority club reservations suggested that i ring the hotel since its the hotel who wil be charging it to my card.i spoke to clare the duty night manager (who refused to give her full name,stating shes protecting her privacy).she also couldnt explain why it has been declined.she explains that my friend will be charged 50*/* of the total bill,considering that it should have been a present from me.all the confusion,with people not knowing why and what to do has caused me and my friend so much stress that night,what should have been a relaxing night cap turned out badly.And after a bit of trekking to their room on the third floor,they managed a few hours of sleep.

Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
Thank you very much for your comments; I would very much like to investigate your issues further so that I can offer you a full explanation of the events that have happened. I would like to invite you to contact me direct christopher.ross@ihg.com so I can look into this further. I look forward to hearing from you at your convenience.

Travellers are raving about these Chatham hotels

Croydon, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 December 2013

Stayed here as my company Xmas party was being held here the rooms and bed are good as usual for a holiday inn but room a long walk from reception. The xmas party was very good with nice food and good service but not enough bar staff had to queue a long time at the bar for drinks and the prices were on the high side. Also breakfast very busy in the morning had to wait for my tea but breakfast food ok with a good choice nice hotel but you cant go wrong with a holiday Inn. Only moan is that drinks are on the high side and service in bar very slow

Room Tip: get a room nearer reception
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank beechy2603
Thank you for your recent review of your Christmas party night and over night stay with us. I am pleased that you had an enjoyable evening, thank you for your feedback with regards to the bar service, this will be something we will be reviewing for this years party nights, I do apologise for the delay you experienced. I am pleased to hear that you had an enjoyable breakfast in the morning. I do hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back for a Christmas party night for 2014 and that you will come and stay with us again
Oldham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 December 2013

As others have commented, it was a bit of a trek from reception to the room but this wasn't much of an issue. The room itself was as you'd expect, comfy and clean. The breakfast was of a good standard, although the toaster was painfully slow (something that seems to afflict all hotels) even when fired up to the maximum. The bar area was pleasant, although we were kept waiting a long time and found £5 for a single brandy to be somewhat eyewateringly high. Good location not too far out of town, and there was little noise from the neighbouring airfield either.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Rochester-Chatham, responded to this review, 31 December 2013
Dear discobadgers,

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review regarding your recent stay. It is nice to know that the breakfast served sufficed your needs and the room you were given was comfortable.

I hope we get the chance of hosting you again in the future should your travels bring you back to the area.

Regards,

Pam G
Case Manager
IHGCare
Also consider these accommodations in or near Chatham
Bridgewood Manor - QHotels
#3 of 6 in Chatham
Ship & Trades
Ship & Trades
#5 of 6 in Chatham

Been to Holiday Inn Rochester-Chatham? Share your experiences!