“Nice hotel”

Holiday Inn Rochester-Chatham
Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Chatham
Reviewed 6 May 2014

We only stayed two nights and found everything ok. The room was spacious and clean. we didn't use the internet but heard in was expensive. We didn't eat an evening meal but we did have breakfast that had a good selection. We used the pool, sauna and steam room which was nice to relax at the end of the day. We were going to have some treatments but the lady worked self employed and was not around.

All the staff were friendly especialy Mat behind the bar I think he is probably the friendliest bar person I have ever come across, he really made our stay.

Taxi into Rochester was £10 each way, there is a bus stop outside if you wanted to get the bus instead.

For our trip it was in a convenient location and we would stay again.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank jayned66
Paul E, General Manager at Holiday Inn Rochester-Chatham, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2014

Thank you for taking the time to feedback on your recent stay with us, I am very pleased to hear that you had an enjoyable stay and that you were able to enjoy our facilities and breakfast in the hotel. Thank you for your compliments about Matt, I will certainly pass these on. I do hope that next time you stay you will have the opportunity to enjoy a relaxing treatment. We look forward to welcoming you back soon

Reviewed 4 May 2014

I reviewed this hotel a while back and gave it a good review. I have stayed there several times (mostly business) since, and remain of the same opinion. It is friendly, convenient and clean. Despite my complaint below I actually like it.

However, I had never stayed in room 229 before. I don't know if anyone has suffered the same problem, but sleep in this room is virtually impossible. It must be right under/alongside some machinery that runs all night. I haven't encountered this problem in other rooms. I'd appreciate some management comment on this.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for your recent review and you continuous support of the hotel. I am sorry to learn that on this occasion you did not have a restful nights sleep. I have passed your feedback to our Maintenance Manager who has investigated the area around room 229 and fixed the issue that was creating the noise. Thank you very much for bringing this to our attention so that we were able to deal with it. Once again, I do apologise that this affected your stay. I do hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back soon

Reviewed 2 May 2014

Good news was that there was a gym and pool, bad news charges for internet. Having said that I have to say the staff especially in the dining room were excellent. I ate breakfast there that was nice and dinner having the arancini starter twice which was very good. My first main of hunters chicken was nice although the sweet potato wedges just okay. The next night I had belly pork which was good. Room large and quiet, bus stop right outside.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for your recent review of your stay with us. I am pleased to hear that you had an enjoyable stay and that overall the food was enjoyable and the staff were friendly. I will pass your feedback to our Head Chef. For future information we will be reviewing our internet charges in July which I hope will be beneficial to you. I do hope that we have the opportunity to welcome you back soon

Reviewed 30 April 2014

I stay here regularly as we have a special deal with work.
The rooms are quite good but small, bathrooms clean but dated.
If youre a weathered in pilot it is alongside Rochester aerodrome.
It has a pool and fitness centre....which is quite good...so Ive been told, though not a user myself.

I had a go at the restaurant agin tonight, and I will reiterate previous reviews on the matter...you're better off going out to a restaurant in Rochester and avoid the dissappoinyment.
If they could only get this right...

On the positive side, the staff are excellent, and work really hard to ensure you have a good time. Holiday inn should give them a medal!

I have no option but to stay here but as long as the restaurant is only adequate, so is the hotel.

Sorry holiday inn Chatham staff... You try so hard.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for your honest feedback with regards to your stays at the Holiday Inn Rochester. I take on board your feedback with regards to the restaurant and I have forwarded on your comments to both the Head Chef and the Food and Beverage Manager for review. I am sorry to learn that to date we have not met your expectations in the restaurant. I am pleased to hear that you find the staff friendly and helpful and if there is anything I can do in the future to make your stay more comfortable please do not hesitate to contact me

Reviewed 27 April 2014

Very surprised with Holiday Inn, we stayed there on Friday night and lunch should have been a warning shot. I had a burger which was served very very rare with the roll having oil on the outside. my partner had a steak baguette and whilst we sent it back to be well cooked, it was returned in the same blooded baguette.

Sleep was poor due to constant "humming" noise coming from within the building (next door)

Breakfasts was a sham with the waiter more interested in talking to the waitress than seeing to guests. Coffee was warm and the breakfast hot food had been out for sometime, the has browns had been cooked in an oven I think as they were soft in the center. Sausages and Bacon had been out for sometime but all was on the cooler side of warm.

Very unimpressed with this hotel, Oh water is £4 for a 75ml bottle

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Maxinpompey
Paul E, General Manager at Holiday Inn Rochester-Chatham, responded to this reviewResponded 30 April 2014

Thank you very much for taking the time to comment on your recent stay with us. I am naturally disappointed to learn that your stay was not up to your expectations. Please be assured that I have passed your feedback on to both the Food & Beverage Manager and the Head chef to address the issues that you have raised. I have also instructed the maintenance team to investigate the noise that you experienced in your room. I do hope that we will have the opportunity to restore your faith in the hotel.

Reviewed 24 April 2014

This hotel is ok for short business trips. It has a great rate (especially if paid in advance), it is clean, and well maintained. There are a few things that annoyed a little bit, though: (1) there is no iron in the room, and no ironing table also (there is an appliance that will do the job only for trousers); (2) there are no vending machines available for little snacks or drinks; (3) Internet fee is quite expensive. Also I got two less than satisfactory small experiences: pattern for England power outlets is completely different from US and European, and the hotel could not help me with an adapter, and; I requested wake up calls for the same time the whole week but it worked only in the first morning. Restaurant is very good though, with good service and decent prices. Location is good as well, especially if you want to be in the airport surroundings. Breakfast is nice also, though with not that many options.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for your feedback with regards to your recent stay with us. We can provide an iron and ironing board on request to the rooms. Internet service will be a service that our IHG reward members will be able to enjoy for free as of the 1st July. I do apologise that we were unable to supply you with a suitable adapter during your stay, usually we do have a supply of these but unfortunately guests do not hand them back in after borrowing, I do apologise for the inconvenience this caused. I will pass your feedback on to my Front of House Manager with regards to the wake up calls not happening, once again I do apologise for the inconvenience this must have caused. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed the restaurant and that the location is great for your requirements, I do hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back again

Reviewed 17 April 2014

This was our third visit to this hotel on a Bed & Breakfast basis. We have always been very satisfied in the past staying in the winter months but this time found the air conditioning in our room too hot. The hotel tell you not to adjust the controls, so the only alternative was to open the window,which we did, although that was not ideal in a ground floor room.
The facilities in the room are very acceptable & our Breakfast on all 3 mornings was of a good quality & ample choice.
We booked Dinner one evening at the last minute & the service was extremely slow. The Coach party couldn`t really be made an excuse as they had a set menu which was totally self service.
It took us two hours to have 2 courses[6.15 to 8.15.p.m.] which was a very long time considering we were one of the first in the restaurant & ordered straight away.The hotel bang a 10 % service charge on your bill for restaurant meals without consulting you,so beware.
Our recommendation is to stick to Bed & Breakfast and go out for Dinner,which we had done on the first 2 nights.
The Staff overall are very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Hughj191
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Rochester-Chatham, responded to this reviewResponded 2 May 2014

Dear Hughj191,

Thank you for your review regarding your recent visit at our hotel and for providing us with your valuable feedback. I'm glad to hear you found our staff agent to be very friendly and helpful. We're proud of our staff. I would like to apologize for any inconvenience your restaurant experience may have caused you. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future.

Thank you again for your comments as this is very helpful to us to ensure we are able to meet our guests expectations. We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the near future.

Janice A
Case Manager
IHGCare

Also consider these accommodations in or near Chatham
Bridgewood Manor - QHotels
Tudor Park Marriott Hotel & Country Club
Hilton Maidstone
Hilton Maidstone
#8 of 17 in Maidstone

Been to Holiday Inn Rochester-Chatham? Share your experiences!