“Very impressed”

Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Chatham
Yorkshire
“Very impressed”
Reviewed 31 July 2014 via mobile

Used this as a stop off en route to the ferry at Dover.

Room was comfortable and big enough.

The pool was good with steam room, sauna and jacuzzi. Also had a small gym but enough to do a workout on.

Staff were pleasant although when I asked for the fold out bed to be made up for two children rather than one as it had been, the receptionist informed me that I had told him I only had one child (they were both stood with me at the time and to be honest you don't tend to forget that sort of stuff). Even if I had said that he didn't need to pull me up on it. Other than that a pretty much perfect stay.

Didn't dine there as it appeared to be a bit expensive. There's an Asda directly opposite which is handy.

And all this for £51 for the room.

Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Yellabowley
Paul E, General Manager at Holiday Inn Rochester-Chatham, responded to this review, 5 August 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write your review on your recent stay at the hotel. I am pleased to hear that overall you had an enjoyable stay with us! Thank you for your comments, as per previous communication we have taken appropriate steps within the hotel related to your feedback. I do hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (172)
Hergenrath, Belgium
Reviewed 31 July 2014

Booked a 3 night stay for a group in July. Our arrival at check-in went very smoothly and everyone was checked-in quickly. From the group there was no complaints about the rooms, clean and tidy.The only problem getting to my Room 59 was the walk from Reception which was roughly 150-170 yards away. Breakfast was buffet style with something for everyone`s taste.
The problem some of our group had was on the Friday and Saturday nights there was an over 30`s night and a disco and the music was very loud making sleeping not very easy. The swimming pool is a good little extra at this Holiday Inn and was used by some of the group. All in all a good stay

Room Tip: Make sure you get a Room away from the disco/party area otherwise sleeping is no possible until 2-3...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank John G
Thank you for taking your time to review your recent stay with us, I am very pleased to hear that you and your group had an enjoyable stay with us. I do apologise that some of your group was affected by the function happening in the hotel on the Friday night, I do take on board your comments. We do aim to ensure that our guests are situated away from the event to ensure they are not disturbed. I am pleased to hear that you had the chance to enjoy our leisure facilities and of breakfast service. I do hope that the will have the opportunity to welcome you back again soon
Doncaster, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 July 2014

We stayed for 1 night in a family room, yes it was rather a long walk from reception to the room but once inside there was everthing you could need. Decent air con, nice little fridge and a decent pull out sofa. The bathroom was clean and plenty of towels provided and plenty of hot water in the shower. There is a pool area you can use, but we did not have time but it did look clean. The breakfast in the morning was very good everthing you could want to start the day off. All the staff we came across we very polite and helpful, all in all a very good nights staff for what we paid, and will look forward to returning.

1 Thank nacdac
Paul E, General Manager at Holiday Inn Rochester-Chatham, responded to this review, 31 July 2014
Thank you for taking your time to review your recent stay with us. I am very pleased to hear that you had an enjoyable stay with us and found the hotel offered everything you needed for your stay. I do hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back again soon and that next time you will have the time to enjoy our leisure facilities.
Doha, Qatar
Reviewed 28 July 2014 via mobile

Stayed here with my family whilst visiting relatives. The room was basic yet functional. It had a small fridge which was useful. We had one of the family rooms which was large, however, it was located a good 5 minutes walk from reception including a set of stairs even though the room was supposedly on the ground floor.

Cleaning was good and the room, though dated, was very clean.

We did not use the bar or restaurant.

The hotel could do with a vending machine for basics like bottles of water.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Paul E, General Manager at Holiday Inn Rochester-Chatham, responded to this review, 30 July 2014
Thank you for taking your time to review your recent stay with us. Thank you for your feedback, I am pleased to hear that the facilities suited the needs of your stay. I do hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back again in the future
Rochester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 July 2014

The De Havilland Suite is functional but lacking a bit of character. The food was a bit late being brought out and they didn't seem to be monitoring the teas, coffees and juices, so they ran out. They opened the bar for those who wanted to purchase drinks (which we hadn;t requested) but there were not enough staff. It's the nlack of attention to detail that willl let a big organisation down. I didn't have the buffet food but my husband thought it was "average".

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for your review of your recent event at the Hotel, I am sorry to learn that you were disappointed with some aspects of your event. I have passed your feedback to the Conference Manager to evaluate the details of your event and address the issues you have raised. She will be in touch with you very shortly to discuss these details further. I do apologise that your event did not meet your expectations.
derby
Reviewed 25 July 2014

Stayed over on a trip to France as its only 15mins from the tunnel,yes its a tad dated but don't let that put you off as it really is a comfortable nights sleep,wifi is hit and miss otherwise id have given it top marks.
We booked via the internet with booking.com and got a great price..£48

Room Tip: ASDA over the road if you need to get anything you forgot to pack !!!
1 Thank simonmark1
Thank you for taking your time to review your recent stay with us, I am pleased to hear that you had an enjoyable night’s sleep and that we were conveniently located for your travel needs. I do hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back again soon
Chatham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 July 2014

Hired this place as a wedding reception venue and a few of us stayed for one night, wonderful venue with lots of pluses, the staff were fantastic and cannot fault them at all, from the receptionist, to the guys in charge of making sure the day went without a hitch, to the chef who cooked the food, to the cleaners, gym and pool were very good and room was comfortable, breakfast was as expected, the only thing that let this place down was the price of the telephone call to make final arrangements, being an 0871 it costs a fair whack, not too sure why either??? surely this can be any number not an expensive one???, had it not been for that I would have definitely recommended, funny how little things get to you!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank 310WD40
Thank you for taking your time to review your stay and special event with us. I am pleased to hear overall that you had an enjoyable Wedding Reception and that you were well looked after by all the staff involved in making sure your day ran perfectly. Thank you for your feedback with regards to the Telephone Number, this is a Holiday Inn standard, but I do take on board your feedback. Congratulations on your special day and all the best for the future.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Chatham
Bridgewood Manor - QHotels
#8 of 15 in Maidstone
Village Hotel Maidstone
Village Hotel Maidstone
#5 of 15 in Maidstone

Been to Holiday Inn Rochester-Chatham? Share your experiences!