“Staff earned their pay”

Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Chatham
Wolverhampton, United Kingdom
“Staff earned their pay”
Reviewed 18 August 2014 via mobile

Have stayed in a number of places on the way to Dover and this was our first time here. Firstly, I will say that with the computer systems down the staff worked their socks off. Especially with two coaches. The staff are a credit to the company.

We got a good rate at 99 for d b b. Food was good and our little one liked the fact she had her own buffet. The swimming pool is good for little ones and she enjoyed using it.

Rooms are the usual hi standard. The air con was good and needed. The only negative I have were the pillows. They were not great yet they are important for a good night's sleep.

Would I stay here again? Yes. It is much better than the hi in Canterbury. The only place i would use instead would be the premier Inn in Dover but this is only because it is so close to the ferry.

Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank simplymark
Paul E, General Manager at Holiday Inn Rochester-Chatham, responded to this review, 17 September 2014
Thank you for taking your time to review your recent stay at the hotel, I am very pleased to hear that you had an enjoyable time. Thank you very much for the feedback with regards to the Team during a very challenging time at the hotel, my team and I worked around the clock to try and ensure the disruption to the guests was minimal and your feedback and understanding is most appreciated. Thank you for your feedback with regards to the pillows I will pass your feedback on to my Housekeeping Manager to review this. I am very pleased to hear that you would stay here again; we look forward to welcoming you back
Paul Ellison, General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (172)
Gillingham, Kent
Reviewed 14 August 2014

I have stayed in this hotel a few times now when I am passing through Kent. It is a pleasant and clean hotel and the staff service is excellent. The downside is the throughput of visitors on a day to day basis - Coach tours and party nights. If you are seeking a quiet peaceful stay then maybe this is a little loud and busy. However, it is value for money with pleasant amenities. The staff really do make this place though and the only reason I am not staying here again when I next go through is I want a bit more of a relaxing, quiet environment.

Room Tip: Some of the rooms on the ground floor are quite a way from reception and the restaurant so if this i...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank 790SharonG
Paul E, General Manager at Holiday Inn Rochester-Chatham, responded to this review, 17 August 2014
Thank you for your review with regards to your recent stay with us. I am pleased to hear that overall you find the hotel clean and friendly. I am sorry to hear that you have encountered some of our busier times in the hotel over recent weeks and that this has impacted on your decision to stay with us on your next visit, however, I do hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back again soon
blackpool
Reviewed 11 August 2014

I stay in IHG group hotels a couple of nights each week, this hotel was exactly what I expected.
Clean, reasonably well maintained, usually services etc.
What made this hotel stand out was great service given by Matthew both in the restaurant and on room service, he gave good attentive service without being intrusive.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank traveller88Blackpool
Thank you for your kind review of your recent stay at the Hotel. I am pleased to hear that you had an enjoyable stay. Thank you for feedback with regards to Matthew, I will ensure that he is recognised internally. I do hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel in the future.
Brussels, Belgium
Reviewed 11 August 2014

Location is OK close to the motorway & not far from Rochester. The rooms are well kept although a bit small but the quality & friendliness of the service is exceptional. The breakfast was also very good.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Mike H
Paul E, General Manager at Holiday Inn Rochester-Chatham, responded to this review, 12 August 2014
Thank you for taking your time to review your recent stay at the Hotel, I am pleased to hear that you found the location convenient for your travel needs and that you were able to enjoy our breakfast before setting off to your next destination. I do hope that you will choose us again for your future travel requirements.
Manchester
Reviewed 6 August 2014 via mobile

We booked for one night when attending a family party nearby. The hotel was easy to find and close to the motorway. The hotel was clean and the rooms were well equipped. The staff were friendly and accommodating. Reasonably priced too when booked in advance. Would recommend!

Stayed August 2014
1 Thank northernmonkey29
Paul E, General Manager at Holiday Inn Rochester-Chatham, responded to this review, 11 August 2014
Thank you for taking your time to review your recent stay with us, I am very pleased to hear that you had an enjoyable stay and that the hotel met your expectation and need to stay in the area. I do hope that you will have the opportunity to visit us again in the future
Sheffield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 August 2014

Great Hotel, easy to find of the motorway and close to a few pubs and Asda.

Check In was friendly and welcoming, our room was on the first floor (112) overlooking the main road. The room was a little dark due to some trees directly in front of our window but it didn't bother us. The room was a little noisy from the traffic, but once again it didn't inconvenience us.

The room was clean, tidy and welcoming and had an easy to operate air conditioning system. The room also had a small fridge which was free to use.

Room Tip: Ask for rooms away from the main road.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Batterby
Paul E, General Manager at Holiday Inn Rochester-Chatham, responded to this review, 7 August 2014
Thank you for taking your time to review your recent stay with us. I am very pleased to hear you had an enjoyable and relaxing stay. I do hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back again in the future
Yorkshire
Reviewed 31 July 2014 via mobile

Used this as a stop off en route to the ferry at Dover.

Room was comfortable and big enough.

The pool was good with steam room, sauna and jacuzzi. Also had a small gym but enough to do a workout on.

Staff were pleasant although when I asked for the fold out bed to be made up for two children rather than one as it had been, the receptionist informed me that I had told him I only had one child (they were both stood with me at the time and to be honest you don't tend to forget that sort of stuff). Even if I had said that he didn't need to pull me up on it. Other than that a pretty much perfect stay.

Didn't dine there as it appeared to be a bit expensive. There's an Asda directly opposite which is handy.

And all this for £51 for the room.

Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Yellabowley
Paul E, General Manager at Holiday Inn Rochester-Chatham, responded to this review, 5 August 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write your review on your recent stay at the hotel. I am pleased to hear that overall you had an enjoyable stay with us! Thank you for your comments, as per previous communication we have taken appropriate steps within the hotel related to your feedback. I do hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Chatham
Bridgewood Manor - QHotels
#5 of 6 in Chatham
Village Hotel Maidstone
Village Hotel Maidstone
#4 of 15 in Maidstone

Been to Holiday Inn Rochester-Chatham? Share your experiences!