“Another good 1 nighter”

Holiday Inn Rochester-Chatham
Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Chatham
“Another good 1 nighter”
Reviewed 27 August 2014

Stayed here overnight on my return to the UK for the second year in a row after holidaying in the Europe, and a long Motorway drive across the continent.
Had a swift check in on arrival at 11pm, car park is a little small and once again headed up to a superb spacious room, with useful fridge, clean brightly lit bathroom and generous tea and coffee making facilities.
Made good use of the 7am Bank holiday early opening of the onsite Spirit heath club, had a good swim, and sauna.
The pool is very poor for doing lengths in due to its odd shape, could maybe do with a clean of the pool tiles too, gone yellow.
Headed straight onto a 9am Breakfast, which although busy, had great selection and helpful staff that were attentitive.
Checked out swiftly at 11am, no problems at all.
Thanks Holiday Inn for making the end of my holiday a good one.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Paul E, General Manager at Holiday Inn Rochester-Chatham, responded to this review, 17 September 2014
Thank you for taking your time to review your recent stay with us, I am very pleased to hear that you chose the Holiday Inn Rochester again for your stopover. I am pleased to hear that we did not disappoint and that you were able to make full use of the facilities we have to offer on site. Thank you for the feedback on the Swimming Pool, the cleaning of the pool is scheduled to be done, however we do have to plan this carefully due to the time that the pool will be out of service for. I do take on board your comments.
I am very pleased we made the end of your holiday enjoyable, and I do hope that we will have the opportunity to see you on your next adventure to Europe.
Paul Ellison, General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (173)
  • Polish first
Thatcham
Reviewed 26 August 2014 via mobile

Where does one start?

The appearance of the hotel is a bit dated but the welcome was pretty good. Sadly, after this, my entire experience spiralled downhill at a rapid rate of knots.

They put a member of staff in the bar enticing people to join the IHG club but neglected the sole function of the bar it's self. Staff just disappeared for eons at a time whilst queues lengthened.

I went for a meal in the restaurant and was shown to a table but after being ignored for over 20 minutes left in disgust.

On checkout, I was informed that the computer system was down and they could not provide me with a receipt / invoice. I have called 4-5 times in the interim and am still awaiting my final bill from over 2 weeks ago. The staff always promise to send it over but it is yet to arrive.

It would appear that there is a lack of discipline and leadership. At the Holiday Inn Rochester. I doubt very much if I will be returning.

Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Rochester-Chatham, responded to this review, 13 September 2014
Dear Simon W,

Thank you for taking the time to convey your comments regarding your recent experience with us. Providing excellent customer service is one of the things we pride ourselves on and we are sorry to read that in this case you feel we have fallen short of your expectations. We would love to regain your faith in our hotel and would welcome the opportunity to discuss your stay in further details. We have sent you a private message to obtain additional detail regarding your stay.

We look forward to hearing from you and being of further assistance.

Janice A
Case Manager
IHGCare

Travellers are raving about these Chatham hotels

Bourne End, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 August 2014

Checked in and went to the room. As it was a rewards night, I did not expect the top room, which was comfortable. Service was good, and efficient. Breakfast was large and a great selection. I can only point out that while everything was good the bed was very small for what was to be a double.

Room Tip: Check out the room for the bed size.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank alan r
Paul E, General Manager at Holiday Inn Rochester-Chatham, responded to this review, 26 August 2014
Thank you for taking your time to review your recent rewards night stay with us, I am pleased to hear you had an enjoyable stay with us, apart from the size of the bed. I am pleased you had the opportunity to experience our breakfast selection. I do hope that you will have the opportunity to visit again soon
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 August 2014

I stayed one night while on a tour around Kent. I checked in early at 1530 as the showery weather put pay to my plans. The car park was busy, as there were people at a conference. As it turned out it was a good decision to get there early. The computer system was down and all check ins were being done manually. I had pre-booked and luckily all the details had been printed in advance. It only took a few minutes longer than normal, so no problem. I was in room 9, which is on the main Maidstone Road side, but an inside room so no road noise. The only problem I found was the door was rather difficult to shut. But otherwise it was up to the usual Holiday Inn standard. The night was quiet and as it was still wet outside, I didn't leave till 0945. At the desk the computers were still down, so there was about 5 mins wait as all check outs were being done manually. Overall I was very happy with my stay and would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Inside rooms, or those on the airport side should be better. If travelling from the south, turn off...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank sharla82
Paul E, General Manager at Holiday Inn Rochester-Chatham, responded to this review, 20 August 2014
Thank you for taking your time to review your recent stay with us. Firstly I would like to apologise for the disruption caused due to the computer systems being down, I really do appreciate your understanding of the situation that arose. I am pleased to hear that you had a relaxing and quiet nights rest. Thank you for the feedback with regards to the door, I will ensure that this is looked at by the Maintenance Team. I do appreciate your comments and I hope that we will have have the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future
Wolverhampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 August 2014 via mobile

Have stayed in a number of places on the way to Dover and this was our first time here. Firstly, I will say that with the computer systems down the staff worked their socks off. Especially with two coaches. The staff are a credit to the company.

We got a good rate at 99 for d b b. Food was good and our little one liked the fact she had her own buffet. The swimming pool is good for little ones and she enjoyed using it.

Rooms are the usual hi standard. The air con was good and needed. The only negative I have were the pillows. They were not great yet they are important for a good night's sleep.

Would I stay here again? Yes. It is much better than the hi in Canterbury. The only place i would use instead would be the premier Inn in Dover but this is only because it is so close to the ferry.

Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank simplymark
Thank you for taking your time to review your recent stay at the hotel, I am very pleased to hear that you had an enjoyable time. Thank you very much for the feedback with regards to the Team during a very challenging time at the hotel, my team and I worked around the clock to try and ensure the disruption to the guests was minimal and your feedback and understanding is most appreciated. Thank you for your feedback with regards to the pillows I will pass your feedback on to my Housekeeping Manager to review this. I am very pleased to hear that you would stay here again; we look forward to welcoming you back
Gillingham, Kent
Reviewed 14 August 2014

I have stayed in this hotel a few times now when I am passing through Kent. It is a pleasant and clean hotel and the staff service is excellent. The downside is the throughput of visitors on a day to day basis - Coach tours and party nights. If you are seeking a quiet peaceful stay then maybe this is a little loud and busy. However, it is value for money with pleasant amenities. The staff really do make this place though and the only reason I am not staying here again when I next go through is I want a bit more of a relaxing, quiet environment.

Room Tip: Some of the rooms on the ground floor are quite a way from reception and the restaurant so if this i...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank 790SharonG
Paul E, General Manager at Holiday Inn Rochester-Chatham, responded to this review, 17 August 2014
Thank you for your review with regards to your recent stay with us. I am pleased to hear that overall you find the hotel clean and friendly. I am sorry to hear that you have encountered some of our busier times in the hotel over recent weeks and that this has impacted on your decision to stay with us on your next visit, however, I do hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back again soon
blackpool
Reviewed 11 August 2014

I stay in IHG group hotels a couple of nights each week, this hotel was exactly what I expected.
Clean, reasonably well maintained, usually services etc.
What made this hotel stand out was great service given by Matthew both in the restaurant and on room service, he gave good attentive service without being intrusive.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank traveller88Blackpool
Thank you for your kind review of your recent stay at the Hotel. I am pleased to hear that you had an enjoyable stay. Thank you for feedback with regards to Matthew, I will ensure that he is recognised internally. I do hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel in the future.
Paul Ellison, General Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Chatham
Bridgewood Manor - QHotels
#7 of 14 in Maidstone
Village Hotel Maidstone
Village Hotel Maidstone
#3 of 14 in Maidstone

Been to Holiday Inn Rochester-Chatham? Share your experiences!