“Extremely small and claustrophobic”

Bridgewood Manor Day Spa
More attraction details
Owner description: The four star Bridgewood Manor is a fantastic hotel. Situated in Rochester, with close proximity to Maidstone, excellent links to motorway networks and only 40 minutes to Gatwick Airport, the hotel is ideal for enjoying a relaxing spa break or getting together with friends. Not only that the health club and spa facilities provide you with an area to relax and unwind. If you are looking for a relaxing spa break, spa day or spa treatment in Kent, the team at Bridgewood Manor is skilled in the art of relaxation. From a soothing facial to the gentle easing of muscles with an all over body massage, the tranquillity and calm encapsulated in our spa will ensure your body and mind are transported to a state of total well being. Our spa which is home to a fabulous health club, 4 is open seven days a week! Features & Facilities 4 Treatment rooms Swimming Pool Sauna Steam Room Cardio gym
Reviewed 29 July 2013

Very small facility, only room for two in the sauna, staff not very responsive or helpful. Most of the lockers not working.

2  Thank John G

Reviewed 2 July 2013

Yesterday I had a Spa Day at Bridgewood with a friend which was very disappointing. The Spa area is dull & dirty & needs a total revamp. We weren't shown round the facilities & had to find the changing rooms ourselves. We waited 35 minutes for a cold jacket potato & weren't offered a glass of wine which should have accompanied our lunch. We had to ask for the desert we had earlier selected on our menu choice. Throughout our lunch in the bar, staff were walking past carrying large pieces of furniture from one room to another. at one point knocking me in the back with a folded table. The changing room floor was filthy, as was the shower & ladies loo. The lock was broken on the shower door. The hour facial lasted only 45 minutes. We paid £100 for this horrible day. How on earth are they entitled to call themselves a 4* hotel? Thoroughly disappointing afternoon which should have been a treat. GET YOUR ACT TOGETHER BRIDGEWOOD! Please don't bother to offer me a complimentary return day as I wouldn't even go back for free.

2  Thank Jacqueline G
Reviewed 24 June 2013

We had a spa trip today, not the best equipped spa but lovely staff and a super facial and massage from Rachael.....small pool but good VFM, will go again for sure.

Reviewed 18 June 2013

I booked a spa day for 8 of my friends. It was a package deal including a 2 course lunch and a 50 minute treatment and use of all the facilities.
We were not disappointed! The spa manager greeted us and explained how the day would run.
we were then given our robes and towels and slippers.

During the day we were the only group in the pool area so it felt like exclusive use.

The treatments were amazing. We had Katie and terri looking after us and they were fantastic. Made us fell completely at ease.

in between our treatments we spent time in the lovely warm pool and used both the sauna and steam room.

Lunch was great too! the desserts were especially yummy!

All facilities are very clean although a little dated.

highly recommend

Reviewed 2 April 2013

I would like to say how disappointed I was with the spa day I booked for mother's day.
I had the £55 each package that included a 50 minute treatment or 2 25 minute treatments and an afternoon tea.
The lady who I spoke to when I booked over the phone explained exactly what came in with this price and said to phone 48 hours in advance to book the actual treatments. This was fair enough and I did phone. I wanted to book 2 other treatments also, and the person I spoke to just said that I can book them on the day.
We turned up yesterday and we asked about the treatments, they offered the 50 minute treatments but didn't offer the 25 minute ones. We asked about the 2 extra treatments also and they said they were fully booked so could not fit us in and we should have booked before. This would be fair enough if we didn't ask previously but the fact that we were told not to bother booking it and we can have it on the day was unacceptable.
The spa was tired, holes were in the steam room (meaning air was getting out making it not work well) and holes and plaster missing around the door on the sauna. A couple of the loungers were broken. Leaks coming through the ceiling making huge puddles around the spa area, it isn't very pleasant coming out of the sauna and stepping into a massive freezing puddle to get to your lounger. Locks were missing on the showers and changing rooms. There were only 2 heated loungers which meant that my mother and I didn't even get a chance to relax on them.
I feel that what was supposed to be a relaxing mother's day gift turned into an inspection of the spa. Wherever we turned there were things that were unacceptable and need improving.
Having said this, the afternoon tea was very nice and all the staff were very pleasant. It would have just been more relaxing if the facilities were in a much better condition. I mean MUCH better condition!

1  Thank 790vickyp