“Do not bother”

Bridgewood Manor Day Spa
More attraction details
Owner description: The four star Bridgewood Manor is a fantastic hotel. Situated in Rochester, with close proximity to Maidstone, excellent links to motorway networks and only 40 minutes to Gatwick Airport, the hotel is ideal for enjoying a relaxing spa break or getting together with friends. Not only that the health club and spa facilities provide you with an area to relax and unwind. If you are looking for a relaxing spa break, spa day or spa treatment in Kent, the team at Bridgewood Manor is skilled in the art of relaxation. From a soothing facial to the gentle easing of muscles with an all over body massage, the tranquillity and calm encapsulated in our spa will ensure your body and mind are transported to a state of total well being. Our spa which is home to a fabulous health club, 4 is open seven days a week! Features & Facilities 4 Treatment rooms Swimming Pool Sauna Steam Room Cardio gym
Reviewed 25 May 2014

Fortunately only paid £6 each on Groupon for the use of this "Spa" and to be honest that was steep! Really sad because it could be something special if it was razed to the ground and rebuilt. The sauna seats two people awkwardly (no exaggeration) and the steam room 3 at a push! No jacuzzi tiny pool and dirty in places. "They'd been really busy that day" so no towels were provided. Some people had dressing gowns but we weren't offered them. I pity anyone that pays anything over what we did. Save your money maybe go to KFC instead you'll feel more satisfied and have change!

1  Thank Svickery1
Georgie L, Spa Manager at Bridgewood Manor Day Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2014

Dear Svickery1,

Thank you for taking time to review your visit. I’m really sorry that our spa did not meet your expectations.

Our limited availability Groupon offers include full use of our facilities including gym, pool, sauna, steam room, heated loungers with hot drinks and pastries during your visit, with bathrobes are available on this offer to use at an additional charge. I’m sorry that you felt this didn’t represent value for money.

I have discussed your feedback concerning the towel supply with my team, as it is clearly not acceptable to run short of towels and for this I’m truly sorry.

Kind Regards

Georgie Lewis
Spa Manager

There are newer reviews for Bridgewood Manor Day Spa

Reviewed 28 April 2014

Booked a spa day with 4 friends. £75 for 2 people but upon booking we found out it was £75 each but a minimum of 2 people booking for this offer. This offer included use of pool, steam room, sauna and gym, lunch and robes and slippers, as well as a back massage, mini facial and manicure & pedicure.
The whole spa could do with a thorough refurb, its all a bit dated, drab and dirty. The robes had a musty smell to them much like play doh!
Each of us had a different experience with the massage and facial depending who carried out the treatment. Even though mine was ok, I have had better. One friend said she felt like she'd been beaten up during hers.
Lunch was ok but no drinks included and a glass of wine cost £6, any tea's or coffees were also charged at £1 each from a vending machine. Lunch was also in the hotel bar, so there we were in our robes surrounded by guests and businessmen!
The manicure and pedicure was of a mediocre standard and flaked off each of us when drying. The varnish used was very cheap and poor quality. This was the worst part of the day. I removed all polish when I got home and repainted my nails myself.
Although all of this happened, I had a great day but that was more about the company than anything else. I definitely wouldn't return here

2  Thank megajodie
Barrie T, Hotel Manager at Bridgewood Manor Day Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 2 May 2014

Dear megajodie,

Thank you for taking the time to review your spa experience. I'm sorry that you found the pricing of our 'Little Slice of Heaven' package confusing and that you felt the treatment experiences varied so greatly.

I have discussed at length your feedback with my Spa team and you have my assurance that we will utilise your comments to improve where we can.

I'm keen to discuss your review in more depth and would be grateful if you would contact me directly on 01634 201333

Kind Regards

Barrie Thomas
Hotel Manager

Reviewed 19 March 2014

Staff very helpful over phone when I needed to make amendment before arrival.
On arrival greeted by friendly staff who allowed us to hire the robes and directed us to the facilities. Several hours spent between the pool, sauna, steam room & hot stone beds. Lovely atmosphere, everyone at spa was happy, obviously enjoying themselves too!
After viewing the menu we decided to stay for lunch, gorgeous food!
Overall was a great day, look forward to returning with friends. 100% recommend this venue!

1  Thank SarGou88
Reviewed 2 March 2014

Please don't waste your valuable time or money on going to this so called spa.... Needs totally doing up; the so called treatment I had of a pedicure at london prices was awful, I do heaps better
Complete waste of time and money.... Not experienced in any way

3  Thank jublylovely
Reviewed 27 January 2014

Booked a spa day with my daughter. I had been told by friends that the place was cold (temperature) however everthing was absolutely excellent from the welcome in the spa reception/ being shown around etx to Amy who gave the best mini back massage and mini facial that I have had in years and the light lunch turned out to be a huge Sunday carvery! The gym/pool were somewhat busy, I assume Sunday is possibly their busiest day? My main gripe would be the height of the showers heads in the ladies changing rooms and although tall ,I am not a giant and even my medium height daugter found it difficult to get under the low shower head. Very good value for money. I would recommend and also return.

1  Thank scruttonsfarm