“A great place to eat”
Review of The Waggon at Hale

The Waggon at Hale
Reserve with OpenTable
The Waggon at Hale is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #37 of 133 Restaurants in Chatham
Cuisines: Pub
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Bracknell, United Kingdom
“A great place to eat”
Reviewed 1 May 2014

Superb home cooked food and excellent beers - brands change regularly. Staff are friendly and helpful. Eaten here three times over the past couple of weeks , not disappointed with any of the meals. Good range of food with a vegetarian option plus a range of specials. Pub has been busy on all visits
Free WFI which is helpful when you are away from home.
Will be back the next time I am in the area.

• Visited April 2014
WaggonatHale, Owner at The Waggon at Hale, responded to this review, 2 May 2014
Thanks for your recommendation - look forward to welcoming you again when you're back in the area. As you like the change in beers, see if you can coordinate your next visit to fall in time with our real ale festival (24th - 26th May).

“English night”
Reviewed 24 April 2014 via mobile

We had a great night last night at the st Georges gourmet night. The food was lovely and the wines complemented the food wonderfully. Great atmosphere we really enjoyed ourselves.
Another plus point is that this pub is dog friendly so we can return and enjoy having lunch without leaving the pooch in the car. We will be returning great job x

WaggonatHale, Owner at The Waggon at Hale, responded to this review, 2 May 2014
Thanks for your 5* review - its great to read! We have several gourmet evenings throughout the year, so keep your eyes peeled for details of more! Look forward to seeing you (& your dog!) again soon.
Rochester, United Kingdom
“Love this place! Highly recommend it”
Reviewed 23 April 2014 via mobile

I must say I am very disappointed to read the negative reviews about the wagon! My husband and I normally visit once or twice a week...the food is amazing and the menu offers a wide choice of healthy, fresh and delicious food......there is always a vast choice of beverages available......it is always so clean and tidy and a great, relaxed atmosphere. We always get great service. I highly recommend this 5* restaurant!

WaggonatHale, Owner at The Waggon at Hale, responded to this review, 2 May 2014
Many thanks for your 5* review and great recommendation - we look forward to seeing you on your next visit.
Rainham, United Kingdom
“Love this place”
Reviewed 16 April 2014 via mobile

All I can say is this pub deserves a visit. They've got the mix of child and family friendly with evenings and day events. But still maintaining it's appropriateness for an evening with friends. Love it. Take friends here as often as possible.
Try the food. Say hello to the animals in the garden.

WaggonatHale, Owner at The Waggon at Hale, responded to this review, 19 April 2014
Many thanks for your 5* review! Our animals love meeting our customers - you can now buy animal food from the bar too! See you again soon.
Chatham, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Family and pet friendly”
Reviewed 11 April 2014

Hi all, stopped off today to see my family who have moved to Hempstead in the Medway towns. My sister took myself and my family to the Waggon at Hale for lunch. I was impressed. The Public House was exactly as I wanted it to be. Good food. Family orientated. Good service.

The lunch was cooked to order, and plentiful. I had the Waggon Burger with all theb trimmings. The staff were Attentive friendly and generally could not do enough to please us.

I was impressed with the building, decor, and play area and the "zoo" in the gardens.

Would i use this country pub again...Oh yes.

Thanks to all staff for making my visit enyoyable.Like the pub dog onion. and the goat. Kids want to go again. So do I.

Thanks to all.

• Visited April 2014
Many thanks for your 5* review - it's lovely to read & I will ensure your praise for the staff is also shared. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.