“Dinner was frozen...twice!”
Review of Prince of Wales

Prince of Wales
Ranked #55 of 133 Restaurants in Chatham
Cuisines: Pub
Description: The Prince of Wales is in the main pedestrian part of Chatham town centre. We are well known in the area for Great Value food, Great Value drinks, 2 floor Sports Viewing, Large function room, and we are cask marque accredited offering 4 cask ales. Our sports viewing is the best in the area, showing all Sports viewing on 3 big screens and 10 plasma's with the ability to reserve a table for you and your friends for any occasion.
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Dinner was frozen...twice!”
Reviewed 5 May 2013

I have visited the prince of Wales often for a few drinks with mates in the past: it's not the best pub in the world but the drinks are quite cheap and it never gets too noisey.

However, last night we decided to get some dinner. I ordered the veggie pie...and it arrived frozen. It was returned to the bar. A few minutes later a new pie came back...still frozen. My other half took it back to the bar again. The barman didn't even pretend to be apologetic, having a 'well what do you want me to do about it?' Attitude. I work in customer service myself, and how he handled the situation would not have been tolerated in my shop.

despite telling my other half to get a refund, he accepted the barmans offer to try for a third time. This time the same pie was brought back to me. Finally hot after being zapped, but let down by the fact the sides were from my original dinner and so were stone cold!!

I feel it would have only been polite to refund the dinner or at least offer a complimentary drink/discount. But I don't think this guy knows the meaning of the word.

Unfortunately we couldn't leave as we had friends meeting us for drinks; and apart from a barmaid who thought rum is mixed with lemonade (??) It was otherwise a nice evening.

like I said, I've been Here a lot before and just accepted it wasn't that greatly run. However, after last nights display of incompetancy and just general rudeness I very much doubt i'll be returning even for drinks.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank josejose3

Chatham Kent
“Good Day down the Local”
Reviewed 6 January 2013

Regularly visit the Prince of Wales with a group of friends to watch the football and grab a bite to eat. Food is brilliant, for such decent prices, and the atmosphere is friendly :)

• Visited December 2012