“Excellent!”

Cuisines: Pub
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 31 March 2014

Visited the Robin Hood due to groupon voucher. Did not know such a gem existed. The hosts were exceptionally friendly squeezing us in a late notice as restaurant was full. We could pick of the full menu which is very unusual when using a groupon voucher. I even had a dish from the specials board which they were happy to include also. Food was lovely and lots of it. We will definitely return to this lovely out of the way pub, not just for the good food but also for the warm and welcoming atmosphere. Many thanks to all at the Robin Hood.

Reviewed 26 March 2014 via mobile

We visited this pub on a groupon deal for my birthday. The food was good but the value of the groupon said £54.... However our main courses and puddings came to £30! Regardless food was good and plenty if it.

Reviewed 22 March 2014

I recently visited The Robin Hood for a meal with friends who were here from Spain. I have to say we had a really lovely meal and the service was excellent. I had a voucher and thought there would be a limited menu but to my surprise we were offered the full menu although I have to say we were also told that the lamb shank was unavailable, this was a Tuesday evening and it was quite quiet, the sun room restaurant is a little tired looking but on the whole I have nothing to complain about and the staff were all very friendly and helpful. We were all very happy with our choices of starters and main courses and the white wine was of a good quality. A few days later I had an email from my friends saying what a good choice the Robin Hood was. Thank you to all the staff we will definitely be back.

Reviewed 16 March 2014

We've been to the Robin Hood several times and have always been impressed with the food, so when a Groupon deal came up we booked for a Saturday night. The restaurant was fairly busy and had only one waiting staff working, but she was very cheerful and attentive. We were told that they had run out of lamb shanks so we ordered an Irish stew and a John Dory fish meal. We weren't given a starters menu. The meals were very small compared to previous occasions, my husbands stew was tiny, with one small cobbler perched on the top. The fish was ok, but the vegetables served with it, I felt were a little undercooked. Desserts were nice, but not amazing. As we were waiting for the drinks bill, the couple next to us were served their mains of lamb shank, which we had been told had run out...
We probably won't be rushing back to the restaurant, but will still go and enjoy a drink in the garden during the summer.

1  Thank TDWKent
Reviewed 1 March 2014

We went on a lovely walk down the side of the pub with our daughters dog. We decided to have a drink and. Snack at the end of the walk, we had been to the pub many times in 2011 .. They welcomed us into the back room with the dog which was nice. Our lunch was very enjoyable. However the room was very shabby not at all clean cobwebs etc. the toilets need some attention ,could be much cleaner.. Get in a team ofgoodcleaners and it will defiantly improve your beautiful pub ...

1  Thank Nan Jack R