“Great food and service”

Cuisines: Pub
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 28 April 2014

My friend and I visited this pub on 25th after purchasing a Groupon offer, we had a fantastic 2 course meal. The quality of the food was great I had the rump steak which was cooked perfectly and very tender. The land lady/waitress was extremely polite and efficient. Cant wait to go back again.

Reviewed 26 April 2014

Lunch was terrible and very expensive I had smothered chicken which was extremely dry and the bacon was very hard it seemed as if it had been cooked for ages and re heated we will not going there again

1  Thank Beryl H
Reviewed 19 April 2014

I purchased a groupon voucher on a whim , I have been to this pub before and remembered the woodland scenery along with a traditional old style pub.

I would highly recomend both the food and the landlord/ staff I had a lovely experience and will most definately be back !

2  Thank Lauren-Marie-89
Reviewed 15 April 2014

Myself, my husband and two friends 'dined' (I use that word very loosely) here on Saturday evening.
I shall 'bullet point' here on in as really do not wish to waste any of my time further on this dreadful establishment.

. Starters took over an hour to arrive as kitchen 'lost order' But we had to ask where they were, this was not noticed by waitress.
. Said starters were luke warm, tasteless and served on cold plates with no presentation.
. Mains were
just as bad, but mine in particular worse, so sent it back refusing to eat it. Again all plates stone cold.
. Chilli was grey and watery, bland - no spice / flavour whatsoever. (This was sent back)
. Meat and Potato Pie - huge chunks of chewy cheap meat and under cooked chunks of potato
. Irish Beef Stew - Pile of Prison Slop in a bowl
. Salmon and Veg - best of the meals served
. Waitress walked away whilst I complained
. Got told 'oh but you're on a Groupon Deal' like it's therefore ok to be served badly with awful food.

We did however get a round of free drinks whilst waiting for the extremely late starter... Not really a compensation though.

All in all one if the most awful dining experiences I've ever had, I would suggest you avoid this place if you enjoy good, well presented food.

1  Thank Sarah P
Reviewed 14 April 2014

My husband and I went here the other evening, using a Groupon voucher. Very impressed. We both had a starter and a main course. Very tasty and filling, couldn't manage a dessert. staff friendly and helpful. We will defiantly be returning.