“Hidden oasis in Chatham”
Review of Cafe Nucleus

Cafe Nucleus
Ranked #1 of 140 Restaurants in Chatham
Price range: US$1 - US$17
Cuisines: Cafe, Wine Bar
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Cafe Nucleus is an oasis of healthy, freshly prepared food nestled in a surprising courtyard setting just off Chatham High Street.Serving a mouth-watering menu ranging from soups, sandwiches and salads to hot meals and daily specials, we guarantee you won't find it's like anywhere else in town. Everyday we offer homemade daily specials, from our famous Croque Monsieur to our 6oz Flame cooked burgers . Take the weight off your weary feet, enjoy a coffee and a slice of home-made cake and relax. Ideal for informal business meetings or just catching up with friends, we offer wireless broadband internet, regular small exhibitions and a friendly welcome.If you're a laptop user you can take advantage of our FREE wi-fi connection If you like to enjoy a cigarette with your coffee or just enjoy soaking up the sun whilst you dine at Cafe Nucleus it is your only choice when shopping in town.
Reviewed 15 April 2014

Champagne afternoon tea for 17 people. A perfect location for a family celebration. We had the place to ourselves. The food was delicious and plentiful. The whole family felt thoroughly at ease in the relaxed surroundings. Stylish decor enhanced by artworks. Extra surprising that it's nestled in a courtyard just off Chatham High St.

Reviewed 10 April 2014

I love visiting this cafe! Aaron and his team provide an excellent customer service, making you feel very welcome and wanting to stay forever. The cakes are scrummy, chocolate milkshakes and frappe's to die for and the courtyard is wonderful on fine days and, especially, in the summer. It also provides a wonderful opportunity to meet and natter with the resident artists, sculptors, creators, jewellers and photographers and to have a look at the wonderful creations and pieces of art. Definitely worth a visit, there is always an exhibition on, in the gallery and on the first Saturday of each month, the studios are open to visitiors....:D

Reviewed 7 April 2014

Enjoyed a wonderful afternoon tea for my birthday with my sister, in an little oasis in Chatham high street. great food and drinks, and lovely helpful polite and attentive staff. Well done Aaron and team on providing a much needed quality venue for us all to enjoy, long may it continue. There is a great selection of food and drinks, and ofcourse the lovely artwork you can admire and purchase from local artists, such a good idea and a comfortable setting. Its a charity too, so its always nice to know its helping a good cause.

Definitely recommend this café, for a generaly all round great experience.

Reviewed 16 February 2014

Hired out the cafe (free of charge) for my hen party as I have been there a few times for afternoon tea and tasty lunches. We had Afternoon tea for 30 hens and snacks provided too. Very accommodating would definitely recommend!

Reviewed 16 February 2014

My sister, mum and I have been a few times as it's such a classy atmosphere but not snobby! The food is delicious and the service is so friendly. When arranging my sister hen do, this is the place we wanted to host it. The hen do was last night and I couldn't have asked for anything more. Aaron was so accommodating and would do whatever he can to make ur night memorable. I highly recommend a visit and I can guarantee that u will always come back!