“Great for brunch or lunch”
Review of Cafe Nucleus

Cafe Nucleus
Ranked #1 of 155 Restaurants in Chatham
Price range: US$1 - US$16
Cuisines: Cafe, Wine Bar
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Cafe Nucleus is an oasis of healthy, freshly prepared food nestled in a surprising courtyard setting just off Chatham High Street.Serving a mouth-watering menu ranging from soups, sandwiches and salads to hot meals and daily specials, we guarantee you won't find it's like anywhere else in town. Everyday we offer homemade daily specials, from our famous Croque Monsieur to our 6oz Flame cooked burgers . Take the weight off your weary feet, enjoy a coffee and a slice of home-made cake and relax. Ideal for informal business meetings or just catching up with friends, we offer wireless broadband internet, regular small exhibitions and a friendly welcome.If you're a laptop user you can take advantage of our FREE wi-fi connection If you like to enjoy a cigarette with your coffee or just enjoy soaking up the sun whilst you dine at Cafe Nucleus it is your only choice when shopping in town.
Reviewed 9 July 2018 via mobile

Exceptional staff and food is great. Clean and speedy and a retreat from the high street. Great outdoor area which makes you feel on holiday. They do open for evening drinks which would be lovely but not sure I fancy that end of the high street after dusk.

Reviewed 6 July 2018

We have been here a number of times now and it is an absolute hidden gem as you would never believe you were sitting in Chatham High Street!
The staff, food and ambiance are all brilliant and make it a lovely place to go to wind down and relax.
We cannot fault it!

Reviewed 5 July 2018 via mobile

I have lived in the local area for 5 years and only found this place about a year ago. I love this hidden gem. It’s like a little oasis. The food is genuinely delicious (slightly pricy but I am happy to pay due to beautiful venue) amazing array of delicious drinks excellent facilities as a Mum with a baby and love that the toilet always has the audio of Harry Potter. Also as a dairy intolerant I sometimes struggle to get a good choice of food but there is always lots to choose from here including cake! My only qualm is the abundance of smoking area with only a handful of tables for non smokers which are not shade/buggy friendly. The ratio is heavily favoured in smoking. If the venue increased the non smoking area I think they would find more people that would visit and stay for a long time.

Reviewed 19 June 2018

You would not believe this is just behind Chatham high st. Surrounded by plants with umbrellas, blankets and heaters. The food is gorgeous. All locally grown. We have been here many times for breakfast and have never been disappointed. They open on a Saturday night and you can sit among all the twinkling lights and choose from over 40 Gina ( which is never a bad thing). The staff are always friendly and helpful.

Date of visit: June 2018
1  Thank casamedway
Reviewed 19 June 2018 via mobile

Love this place. It’s a little Oasis in the middle of a somewhat depressing high street. The food is great, the customer service is good and this place has a lovely holiday vibe on a sunny day and has created a relaxed ambience. The food is slightly higher priced than other places in Chatham, but for the quality you get it’s worth every penny. My only criticism and probably the reason I don’t go even more often than I do is that none of the glorious outdoor tables are reserved for non - smokers. Nothing more vile than someone else’s cigarette smoke choking you whilst eating. Please do consider that when the sun is shining, non smokers and families also want to sit in your lovely outdoor area too. However despite that I would fully recommend this place. Really do love it and will visit again and again.

Date of visit: June 2018