“I lay my head to rest.......”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of St. George Hotel

and 1 more site!
St. George Hotel
Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Chatham
London, United Kingdom
“I lay my head to rest.......”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 March 2013 via mobile

Listen, if you want to lay your head to rest, post wedding party or even chill.
Then come here, if you want cosy, okayish then come here it says it all all on a tin OK like the magazine it is just ok.

Problem with check out time 11 am, not sure about that, the room not too sure about it being clean (stayed in worse), the bar is good, the breakfast is good veggie option not bad, the nice lady even gave extra toast (bless her), bar price okay for the black stuff, black gold of Guinness a cost me £5:40 (Based on three drinks) and the bed was sound

Would I have a wedding here may be not, not my style but if wanted to lady my head to rest or as they would say do any other business I would go here.

Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
MEDWAY U
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 March 2013

i stayed here 4 weeks ago . it was my first time here after viewing the place to host my wedding i thought id see what the rooms was like and stay over it was very fairly priced at £60 a nyt last minute that included a on suite a double and a single bed on arriveing with my son in a pram n luggage staff watch me struggle with the door trying to open it and get through with everything instead of actually helping . room location was ok no view what so ever but could see my car witch was a bonus i suppose lol . when entering the room it appeared cold n dated . tv had good channels tho n good reception so no faults there . bathroom was clean but dated towls where small and rough . got into bed to find BRIGHT RED hairs all in it like it hadnt been changed . dropped the remote down the side of the matress put my hand down n up came a handfull of hair n dust along with another remote so we had two (obviously not been cleaned for a while) breakfast was lovely even though u had to be down there buy 9 or nothing lol and check out wasnt untill 11 thats good but in all was a bit dissapointed as was looking to spend a good 10k here on my wedding but dont want to risk it now to be honest

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank danboysmith
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 March 2013

Great hotel, lovely friendly staff. Loved the public area and the room is what I would expect for the price. The view from window was interesting as I had never been to Chatham previously. I was very pleasantly surprised and impressed and would recommend this hotel to all. If I ever decide to visit Chatham this hotel would be my first point of call

• Stayed April 2012
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 March 2013

I had been flying and travelling by train for 12 hours, so I was a little weary when I arrived late at night. I had to go to a local funeral next day.
I was made to feel welcome. I was also "fed and watered" as best as possible and although the room was slightly small, it was excellent.
The breakfast was very good.
I was assisted with a cab for the local necessary trip and the Hotel stored my luggage for me until I returned to collect it later that afternoon.
They did everything to help me.

Room Tip: Small hotel in an awkward to find location if you arrive late at night... due to the road layout.
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank PortsmouthPete
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 February 2013

I have just spent a night at this hotel. The reception staff were very welcoming and helpful. The room was clean, warm and included a generous hospitality tray. Good size flat screen TV with plenty of channels. Bathroom was well fitted out with a huge roll top bath. Plenty of good quality towels and toiletries were provided. I had a good nights' sleep, the bed was very, very comfortable. The breakfast was excellent, and the service here was exceptional! I will definitely use this hotel in future and I recommend it.

Stayed February 2013, travelled solo
5 Thank Rita P
Gloucestershire, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 February 2013

Nipped down to Chatham for a very quick visit. Really good value. Room was clean and warm, beer was tasty and cold. Staff were warm and welcoming. Breakfast was excellent. You can do a heck of a lot worse. Heating was a bit noisy, but it worked really well.

Room Tip: River view?
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled solo
3 Thank Joneseeee
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 February 2013

Can't say anything bad about this hotel, attractive hotel, friendly staff, clean but the rooms starting to look a bit dated, would benefit from a fresh lick of paint, the food, the evening meals were edible but not great, Kent sausage dish...small portion, Sausages small and over cooked and the mashed potato resembled thick glue!!! Breakfast is faultless!!
Overall my experience of the st George is good and I would return if I'm in the area again.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
3 Thank waynewilk
Also consider these accommodations in or near Chatham
The King Charles Hotel
Ship & Trades
Ship & Trades
#5 of 6 in Chatham
Holiday Inn Rochester-Chatham

Been to St. George Hotel? Share your experiences!