St. George Hotel
PremierInn.com
US$47
US$58
  • Breakfast included
Premier Inn Maidstone (Sandling) Hotel(Maidstone)(Great Value!)
US$93
PremierInn.com
TripAdvisor
  • Restaurant
  • Bar/Lounge
TripAdvisor
All reviewssingle roomcar parkriver viewrochester castlewedding receptionmedway riverbanqueting hallrochester high streetwet roomfunction roombirthday partyensuite bathroomroast potatoeswould stay here againbar areabreakfast was includedbudget hotel
Reviewed 23 June 2013

we had never been before we were here for my husbands brothers funeral and had been ravelling over 6 hours on trains what a lovely hotel queen size beds big rooms even iron and board trouser press tea coffee wonderfull river views breakfast was great anything you wanted nothing was any trouble also had a bar if you wanted a drink would stay here again even had own car park looks small from outside but realy big hotel much bigger than it looks .

Room Tip: I would ask for river view room beautifull
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank christony50
Reviewed 19 June 2013

The St George Hotel is a good independent hotel which is well located for people working in the area or as a stop off for travellers heading for the channel tunnel who might prefer something more interesting than a bland room on a motorway. It is located on the A2 close to the town centre and has its own car park with approx. 24 spaces to the rear.

Single rooms have bed, table, wardrobe and en-suite bathroom with walk-in shower. Bigger rooms are available but I haven’t used these. Rooms are on the upper three floors. There is a spacious bar beside the reception on the ground floor and a restaurant downstairs. I have only used this facility for breakfast, which is good (full English, vegetarian or continental).

I have stayed twice now and paid £48 each time which includes breakfast and offers very good value. I am happy to recommend this hotel and will use it each time I work in the area.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view of the river.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 10 June 2013

We stayed at this hotel as we had an early morning pick up by coach very close by. We were two couples each with a double room. Rooms were spacious, warm and clean with tea and coffee making facilities. Dinner was excellent in the downstairs restaurant and were served by a lovely waitress. We left too early for breakfast but instead we were provided with a packed lunch and were able to choose what we had. Receptionists were very friendly as was the night Porter who,let us out at 4.45 am. Will stay again and would recommend.

Room Tip: River views available if asked for. Handy for coach our pick up point.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank DorothyT202
Reviewed 4 June 2013

Was a little sceptical when I read some of the reviews on other sites, as soon as I walked in the doors at the front all the fears went away. Made to feel very welcome, explained where my room was and given the key for WiFi.
When I got to my room I was gobsmacked by the Wonderful view overlooking the River. The room was immaculately clean as was the en suite bathroom.
My Breakfast was smashing as was the evening meals and the prices were very reasonable. Freshly cooked and hot.
Staff very very friendly and having the Lift up to the floors was a big help.

Room Tip: I stayed in room 407 which was a single room. Will ask for that one again.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 26 May 2013

Stayed 3 nights, good value no frills accommodation. Room spacious though fairly basic, reasonably clean, beds comfortable ,functional rather than luxury but about what you would expect for the price. Breakfast and evening meal fine. Staff very friendly and obliging, would stay again.

Room Tip: If you want a bit more luxury it's probably worth paying for a better room.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family