“Funny and Informative”
Review of Dickens World - CLOSED

Dickens World
More attraction details
Owner description: Dickens World The Grand Tour launched on 23rd March 2013. This is a new totally immersive, live 'Grand Tour'. Recreating a fantastical Dickensian World. Visitors can enjoy a journey of discovery as they join their unique tour guide and take a step back in time to the Dickensian England that Charles Dickens knew and wrote about in his novels and short stories.
Reviewed 6 May 2013

I experienced a fantastic day out with a group of friends at Dicken's World yesterday. Our tour was lead by the wonderful Madame Pam who entertained us with just the right mix of humour and historical information. Having you're own extremely talented tour guide for the whole of the 90 minute tour is more than worth the £5.50 entrance fee.
I came out having learnt a lot and laughed a lot.
Highly recommended!

Reviewed 6 May 2013

Great value for money. The mockup of Victorian Chatham is very well done. Your guides are great story tellers and iteract with all ages. Well worth a visit!!!

Reviewed 5 May 2013

90 min tour with an excellent knowledgeable guide who kept everyone entertained and laughing - with the added ability and skill of being able to pull the tour group together; we really felt as if we experienced Dickensian times, especially in the school room! Blushing Bonnie was our guide and I would thoroughly recommend her guided tours. To be honest I had expected 90 mins to be too long, but the time flew past and even the 5, 10 and 11 year old in our group stayed focused throughout the tour- but then 'Bonnie' seemed skilled at keeping their attention and making everything so interesting.

Reviewed 4 May 2013

As a local, and having seen all the bad reviews previously, we never went. But since it's now just £5.50 for an adult we decided to give it a go.

We went with low expectations (rather than great ones - sorry couldn't resist that). And we were actually very surprised.

The best way to describe it would be imagine a 90 minute walk and talk, about Victorian London and Dickensian London in an atmospheric stage set of victorian Britain. Our guide was very good and because there is now no "actors" giving background ambiance means the tour is as good as your guide. The boat ride is no more - but to be honest I doubt it was worth doing anyway.

If you are expecting bustling street scences filled with actors then this isn't it. If you are looking for an enjoyable and gasp... educational talk about dickens and victorian london then go for it. At £5.50 it's a great wet weather bargain for older children and adults, younger children may well find it boring.

For the vistors to the area it's on the same site as a cinema, a small designer outlet centre (plenty of places to eat) and chatham historic dockyard - so it can be combined to fill a day.

Reviewed 4 May 2013

Myself and my family visited Dickens World today I am was amazed at the quality of everything there. The scenery was brilliant and our tour guide (Blushing Bonnie) was amazing!!

It kept all of us thoroughly gripped and entertained throughout the entire tour which surprised me as I was expecting 90 mins to be a bit much for the young children but they all loved it.

Prices are incredibly reasonable, I would recommend this to anyone looking for a good day out to be entertained and also educated at the same time.

The courtyard with dressing up and photo opportunities at the end of the tour was great fun for all.

Thanks again Blushing Bonnie and Dickens World, we will be back again :)