“Mum and 7 year old daughter visit to Dickens World”
Review of Dickens World - CLOSED

Dickens World
More attraction details
Owner description: Dickens World The Grand Tour launched on 23rd March 2013. This is a new totally immersive, live 'Grand Tour'. Recreating a fantastical Dickensian World. Visitors can enjoy a journey of discovery as they join their unique tour guide and take a step back in time to the Dickensian England that Charles Dickens knew and wrote about in his novels and short stories.
Reviewed 11 May 2014

My daughter and I had a fabulous time at Dickens World today. Clara brought the place to life with her character and attention to detail. A truly brilliant visit with great atmospherics. I was surprisingly scared by pepper's ghost !! We didnt want to leave. Would thoroughly recommend to anyone and looking forward to going back in the future.

All reviews
in 14 reviews
"adults and children"
in 18 reviews

Reviewed 11 May 2014

I was optimistic, being a 24 year old girl, we went for my dad's birthday as he is very interested in history. I was totally in love with how much William entertained me and I felt like I wanted to know more. I could have watched him all day. Fantastic. Recommend it to all ages.

Reviewed 9 May 2014

Absolutely brilliant place to go to.
James did a wonderful tour for us .
Excellent would recommend and would definitely go back.

Reviewed 7 May 2014

A little disappointed with this - very reasonably priced though. Our guide was very good and kept our attention but the whole place seemed to lack atmosphere. I think it would benefit from the entrance area having a makeover to make it more Victorian.

See more reviews
Reviewed 5 May 2014

We visited Dickens World, in Chatham Docks, whilst at the Rochester Sweeps festival and were shown around by a fantastic costumed guide called Flo. She was absolutely brilliant. Her acting skills were second to none and she thoroughly entertained our group as both the lovely informative Flo and her sister the strict school teacher. We learnt a lot about Charles Dickens and the era he lived in and wrote about in a funny and well presented atmosphere. The set is authentic looking and the storyline believable. Flo is a credit to the attraction and really made our visit special. I myself enjoyed the close shave and the caning for being naughty in class. The restaurant upstairs also served excellent food by friendly staff and was good value for money.