“Great experience and very educational”
Review of Dickens World - CLOSED

Dickens World
More attraction details
Owner description: Dickens World The Grand Tour launched on 23rd March 2013. This is a new totally immersive, live 'Grand Tour'. Recreating a fantastical Dickensian World. Visitors can enjoy a journey of discovery as they join their unique tour guide and take a step back in time to the Dickensian England that Charles Dickens knew and wrote about in his novels and short stories.
London, United Kingdom
“Great experience and very educational”
Reviewed 26 July 2014

My daughter and I had a great time and enjoyed the experience a lot. Our guide Clara was super enthusiastic and knowledgeable which I think made a huge difference to how much you can enjoy your visit.
At the end of the tour, Clara gave us a chance to try out some Victorian costumes which was a fun way to end the visit for my little one.
Overall it was a fun day out and learning about Dickens and Victorian life.
S & L

• Polish first
London, United Kingdom
30 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 33 helpful votes
“Just as much fun second time around!”
Reviewed 26 July 2014

I love this place. I came earlier in the year with a friend but vowed to bring the children back and they loved it too as I knew they would. It is very interactive but nothing forced, very funny and friendly. The guides are fantastic & stay in character and costume throughout. Both times our group was no bigger than 15 and we all had plenty of time and space to see everything. The children got to play a small character part and were thrilled by this. I really like that the guides involve everyone, not just the children who were made to feel very special.
Great fun, great value and unless you are an avid historian yourself, you will certainly learn something. This is all brought to life and will stay with us all for a very long time. Thank you to all at Dickens' World, Lorraine, Jude & Gabriel (Sutton)

Norwich
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 28 helpful votes
“Great trip back to Dickens world”
Reviewed 21 July 2014

What a change I visit dickens world when it first opened and was very disappointed, went on the grand tour with my family, George was our guide and his knowledge, personality and acting skills made 90 mins fly by and left having a true insight into the Victorian era and lots of interesting facts.

Visited June 2014
2 Thank Filby007
Maidstone, United Kingdom
“A lovely time with family!”
Reviewed 20 July 2014

Me and my Family took the 3:30pm tour on July 20th 2014.

Dickens world was more fun then i thought and we loved our tour guides (William and George) they were very impressive for keeping up the act for about 2 hours which if you think about it is a very hard job to do. We loved the experience as a family. Trust me while i say if you have no idea what to do or where to go give Dickens world a try. Even though there was a lot of people everyone was able to at least see something and hear something very interesting. The downside may I say was that at sometimes it felt very slow but you can't blame anyone if you have about 20-30 people all trying to fit into one area AND get a good view and be able to hear what the tour guide(s) are saying. Sadly, I did not get a good enough view (because of my own small size) to see some of the hard effort put into the buildings around and the different looks and designs of the area also the reason I mention this is because I wasn't able to see if there was wheelchair access, baby buggy parking or any more useful things which would improve Dickens world.

Durham, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“The perfect experience,definitely not to be missed”
Reviewed 20 July 2014

We enjoyed a wonderful experience made especially enjoyable by our very good guide Hetty.This young lady certainly knows her stuff and brought the whole Victorian era to life.Her knowledge,enthusiasm and personality really shone through.We appreciated the fact that we were not rushed out after the guided tour,but were left to wander around at our leisure during which time we took some amazing photographs.IF we were pushed to say anything detrimental it would be that there was no workhouse .We also feel that with a little more advertising a lot more could be made of what we feel is a really perfect experience.Thankyou Hetty!

2 Thank Bob W