“Fun and factual”
Review of Dickens World - CLOSED

Dickens World
More attraction details
Owner description: Dickens World The Grand Tour launched on 23rd March 2013. This is a new totally immersive, live 'Grand Tour'. Recreating a fantastical Dickensian World. Visitors can enjoy a journey of discovery as they join their unique tour guide and take a step back in time to the Dickensian England that Charles Dickens knew and wrote about in his novels and short stories.
Reviewed 18 August 2014

I wasn't sure what to expect as my two daughters who'd had been before without me mentioned a boat ride , however it has changed since they both went last time as it's a guided tour that takes just over 1hr and 30 mins . We all enjoyed the enthusiasm and interesting facts covered , all in all something nice to do with kids of all ages thank you George .

Reviewed 18 August 2014 via mobile

Having just visited Fort Amhurst and being bored to death with two children we decided to visit Dicken World, from the outside it looked like a cheap place but inside it was quite good, the set design was amazing! The tour guide we had was called Jimmy and he was brilliant, so interactive, friendly and knowledgable! Well done!

Reviewed 17 August 2014

We listened to historical facts, humorous stories and accounts of the bleak conditions of the age. Stood in dark places and let our imagination run wild.

Thank you George Snow for your amazing energy, skill as a tour guide and for reminding us how lucky we are to live today.

Reviewed 16 August 2014

My family enjoyed a thoroughly entertaining tour led by William Dorrit. He created mood, atmosphere and laughter, enabling us to imagine the hardships and horrors of Dickensian England. The tour was engaging and informative for the wide spectrum of ages represented and at the end we enjoyed a wander around and drinks in the bar.
Don't expect too much of a gift shop..but as a parent on a budget - this wasn't an issue!
Excellent value, recommended!

Reviewed 16 August 2014

Me my Mum and my 5 year old son visited today having only been a couple of months ago. It was my son that asked to go back again. We had William Dorritt as our guide and he was excellent. He seems to be very knowledgeable and seems really enthusiastic about Dickens. Well worth £7.50 and will return again. We live in Medway and would have probably visited sooner than this year but from the outside it does't look great. I think if it was advertised better it would be good because once inside its an amazing place. Also, this time we came on the tour bus and noticed there are no signs to tell you where Dickens world is or to advertise it so if we didn't live here or hadn't been before we wouldn't have a clue where it was. The gift shop could be a lot better too. Thank you William Dorritt. Keep up the good work.