My husband and I have just got back from spending our first wedding anniversary here and wanted to write a review due to the amazing experience we have had.
We booked one of their special offers called, 'Lazy Sunday' where 3 course sunday lunch, sparkling wine, wine with meal, and breakfast in bed the next morning is all included in the deal. The staff were well informed of the offer and perfectly discreetly reminded us of what was included whilst ordering wine for example.
Our sunday lunch experience was perfect. We felt very welcome to linger as long as we liked over our meal. They also had a close up magician circling the tables and entertaining the diners between courses. He was excellent and really entertaining. We appreciated how he left you alone whilst eating and talking as well. Perfect mix.
We stayed in the suite and it was beautiful, luxurious and so clean. Could have stayed in it forever. Large, deep bath mixed with heavy curtains and blackout blinds meant we slept heavily and awoke refreshed.
The service throughout our stay was constantly amazing. Nothing was too much trouble, from offering for one of the staff members to move their car so we could park more easily to bringing us an ice bucket to enjoy bubbly in the room as soon as we asked.
We're already trying to find the excuse to go again!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Come on in. Take a look around. You might just be surprised. For while the Alkham Valley, indeed Alkham village itself, suggests genteel old England at its most rural and unspoiled, the Marquis itself is something else... It's a strikingly contemporary restaurant and hotel. The product of a major renovation in 2008, what was once the village's pub, The Marquis of Granby, has been utterly transformed. Space, light, fine furnishings and beautiful fabrics and the opportunity to fine tune every detail hasn't been missed. The restaurant is a revelation. Head Chef Andrew King's seasonally inspired and locally sourced menus are as fresh as they are imaginative, and the elegant 21st century styling is exceptional. Queen sized pocket sprung beds are swathed in the finest cotton. Sumptuous fabrics dress windows and chairs. And an eclectic collection of art completes the mood, the mix and the personality that makes this place unique. Boutique chic in the heart of the English countryside? You've found it. You've arrived. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Agoda, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and LateRooms so you can book your The Marquis at Alkham reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Marquis At Alkham Hotel Dover
- The Marquis At Alkham Dover, Kent