Just had a fantastic birthday meal – reviewed separately and overnight stay at this lovely hotel. We had booked a standard room and where given a free upgrade to Collard Room we were really impressed! The large room was very well appointed with very stylish black luxury wallpaper and fittings even a black chandelier. We did overlook the road but the secondary glazing was sufficient to dampen any traffic noise. The bed was so comfortable with quality bed linen and everything about it felt upmarket and pure indulgent. The beautiful bathroom with large deep claw bath and separate walk-in shower was a real treat and the bath smellies and soft luxury bath robes and towels were a nice touch so much better than a recent stay in a similar place in Shropshire. The ‘posh’ coffee machine and tea making facilities along with complimentary biscuits made this stay a real treat. The breakfast was a feast all local sourced produce with beautifully cooked bacon, sausages and a selection of teas and homemade breads. We will certainly return
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Come on in. Take a look around. You might just be surprised. For while the Alkham Valley, indeed Alkham village itself, suggests genteel old England at its most rural and unspoiled, the Marquis itself is something else... It's a strikingly contemporary restaurant and hotel. The product of a major renovation in 2008, what was once the village's pub, The Marquis of Granby, has been utterly transformed. Space, light, fine furnishings and beautiful fabrics and the opportunity to fine tune every detail hasn't been missed. The restaurant is a revelation. Head Chef Andrew King's seasonally inspired and locally sourced menus are as fresh as they are imaginative, and the elegant 21st century styling is exceptional. Queen sized pocket sprung beds are swathed in the finest cotton. Sumptuous fabrics dress windows and chairs. And an eclectic collection of art completes the mood, the mix and the personality that makes this place unique. Boutique chic in the heart of the English countryside? You've found it. You've arrived. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and LateRooms so you can book your The Marquis at Alkham reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Marquis At Alkham Hotel Dover
- The Marquis At Alkham Dover, Kent